Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When did you realise you were getting old?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

Snakeblood wrote: »
    I'm not going to fancy grannies, I'm just going to lower my standards to what is (theoretically) achievable.
    you know when you are standing in the street waiting,and you watch the female population and you look at each one and say to yourself,yes i would or no i would not,when you get to the stage of i would i would i would,thats when you know your getting old,and when you dont even think about it,then thats the end

Snakeblood wrote: »
    I'm not going to fancy grannies, I'm just going to lower my standards to what is (theoretically) achievable.
    and there is a good granny grabbing night at the tower ballroom blackpool

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

I had MTV Classic on in the background one morning last week, and I suddenly realised that I vividly remembered 3 consecutive songs being out. Very upsetting.

Also when I started needing to use jolene bleach.

I'm 24 btw. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

I was out with a gang the other night and we were talking about our favourite supermarkets. Then we went to burger king and used our coupons.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

I'll be 18 at the end of November. I love going to an off license and the sense of pride I have coming out, that you've managed to buy what you wanted. Same applies to nightclubs :D

Don't want to be 18 really... :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Daniel S wrote: »
    I'll be 18 at the end of November. I love going to an off license and the sense of pride I have coming out, that you've managed to buy what you wanted. Same applies to nightclubs :D

Don't want to be 18 really... :(
    Yeah 18 is terrifying! :pac:

I'm 33 - some of the kids here act older than me. Bless... ;)

when you get so old ,that when you are at the supermarket check out,you think its funny to say to the girl,do you want to see my ID

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Pope John 11

When I realised that a person doing the Leaving Cert this year may not have been born when Friends the sitcom came out first.....the year 1994

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭GKiraly

Old? im 30 and recently while enquiring with a receptionist about an appointment she called him while i was standing there and said to him "theres a young lad here waiting for ya" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Cathaoirleach

Late twenties, when sports injuries take longer to heal, one realises that he is not actually invincible and has past his peak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Today, I turn 30. I don't really want to but there's not a lot I can do.

I still haven't felt "old" though. I'm convinced that my inability to drive a car is what's keeping me young. Without a car, I need to walk and cycle everywhere. If I had a car, I'd probably put on extra weight, go bald and feel angry more often.

To be honest, approaching 30 was a bit freaky. I know it's only a number but psychologically, it'll be strange not being "in my 20s" anymore. More is expected of me now too, not that I care too much about that. I'm now at the age that I remember my parents being when I was old enough to ask them. This is the age of a "grown up".

Bah. I need to stop thinking about all that. I'll just get hammered later in town and wait to really feel old tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭jackie1974

When the nurse says 'This is your consultant, Dr. Browne' and you stretch your neck to see around the spotty kid with the stetiscope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

When most of the gards you meet look like kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

First time someone called me "mister" as in "mister will you buy us some drink in the off licence"

Quite a surprise. (prob about 26)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

When I drove my car (when I was young) I used listen to cd player. One day I noticed that I was listening to Matt Cooper and couldn't remember when I picked up this habit. I knew I was old then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Today, I turn 30. I don't really want to but there's not a lot I can do.

I still haven't felt "old" though. I'm convinced that my inability to drive a car is what's keeping me young. Without a car, I need to walk and cycle everywhere. If I had a car, I'd probably put on extra weight, go bald and feel angry more often.

To be honest, approaching 30 was a bit freaky. I know it's only a number but psychologically, it'll be strange not being "in my 20s" anymore. More is expected of me now too, not that I care too much about that. I'm now at the age that I remember my parents being when I was old enough to ask them. This is the age of a "grown up".

Bah. I need to stop thinking about all that. I'll just get hammered later in town and wait to really feel old tomorrow.

I started driving when I was 34. I still have all my own hair, but otherwise, you're dead right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

My younger sisters laugh at me for playing records, as in vinyl records.
    Then my sister told me she was going to see Tinie Tempah in concert, I said, "Oh I've heard of her, is she good?"

Needless to say, they think I'm a granddad. I'm 25 by the way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

When I drop things now, bending down to pick them up seems like a big hassle.

Also, I've no idea what is in the charts, and every so often when I do listen to the radio or see a charts show on TV, I think all the songs are ****e.

Sometimes if I go out for a friend's birthday or something like that I don't drink because I can't face the all-day hangover.

Also, I need the weekends to recover from my week at work, instead of the other way around. When I first worked I went out 4 nights a week.

I'm not even that old either, but sometimes I feel like an oul one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

When I realised I stopped trying to impress people. Too old to care if people don't like me.

One huge benefit of getting old is wisdom. I see the way younger people behave and sometimes think thank fuk I'm not that little dick.

Probably just jealous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭stellios

Try working with a bunch of auld complaining b**t*rds, that'll keep you young. If you are one of these people, stop it..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 Crumbs87

I was standing at a bus stop surrounded by a bunch of loud drunken teenagers. When the bus came one of the girls pushed her friends back saying "let the lady on first"

That was a few years ago... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

Hair growing in my ears. Now what is the point of that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Crumbs87 wrote: »
    I was standing at a bus stop surrounded by a bunch of loud drunken teenagers. When the bus came one of the girls pushed her friends back saying "let the lady on first"

That was a few years ago... :(
    Heh, I still get called "the girl" and I'm nearly a decade older than you! :pac:

I believe if you don't get too hung up on ageing you'll seem younger.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,975 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

When I started to fancy the mothers rather than the daughters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

I can no longer stand night clubs. Just the occasional drink in a quiet pub where you can actually hear yourself think.:) I mean that! I'd actually much prefer to have a few drinks at home, rather than go out at all.

I also referred to modern music as 'noise' last week... That scared me a little...:o

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭rossieboy

I realised I was old when my Dad passed away this year (Not a depression post BTW)

Having to become head of the house, paying a mortgage & all the bills on top of that.. While I'm on the Dole.. :rolleyes:

I'm 23! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

When I got cheap car insurance for the first time!

Oh and I had to specifically ask for socks last year for Christmas and I was legitimately excited to get them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

When the new student in the office tells you he was born in 1994

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

When I've had to repeat a year in college, returned, and everyone looks young to me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

When you nod to a guard as you walk past him

Advertisement