Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When did you realise you were getting old?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Today when I read that in 2015 it will be twenty years since Oasis released What's the Story. I couldn't believe it will be twenty years. I remember buying that album and listening to it for the first time, like it was yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

I was in bed one Saturday afternoon about 6 months ago there with a girl I'd met the Friday before hand at a party. Anyway we were just lying there not wanting to get up and watching that Reeling in the Years show. It was the 1990 one with Italia '90 in it. Anyways at the part where O Leary slots through that all important penalty I turn to her and say "ha, that's like Ireland's JFK moment isn't it? Everyone remembers where they were...". So she says "not me Strobe". "Ahh c'mon even if you weren't into football, everyone watched that match, you must have some recollection?". "It was two years before I was born, Strobe...".

Ouch...

(Also the moment I learned I can not do simple maths when I panic :eek:. Was a tense few minutes there, let me tell ye.)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

When I told my niece to 'run upstairs' and get me something. I remembered how much I hated people making me do that when I was a kid.

Damn, she was fast, though. Up and down those stairs like lightening. I sure as hell can't move that fast these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Now, cause I find that dresses are too short or can't wear them as short as I used too!:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Why? I don't get how age affects that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

Getting old? I realised I had gotten old, although I still think I look fairly sprightly, when a heavily pregnant young woman stood up in a tram and offered me her seat.:o:o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Since the Lion King 3D movie has come out, the original was out nearly 20 years ago! Use to watch it when I were younger.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Found a combat pants that was part of my old FCA uniform when I was a teenager that still had its belt on it. At the time I was a 26" waist and now
    I'm a 36" waist size. I remember at the time as a teenager thinking I would never ever ever get a beer belly or mid life spread.....yet here I am a fat bastard! Baaahhh Humbug. :mad:

This week I felt really old, Jimmy Savile dies and I discuss it at work
    and none of the new guys in work have ever heard of Jim'll Fix It :eek:

Feeling old today when chatting in work and nobody knew who Kate Bush is!!!!

Feeling old also this week when people never heard of Automan, Buck Rogers, The Original Battle star Galactica, Manimal and street hawk.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

When I noticed?

When I stooped down to pick something off the floor, I heard this Banshee like wail. As I went to look around, I realised it was coming from me. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

That's this phenomenon!
    Home Alone!! 20 years ago!! Fook :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I realised I was getting old when the barber offered to trim my eyebrows and cut the hair growing out of my ears with the sideburn strimmer

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Arnold Layne

When I calculate simple sums on my head when everyone around are using calculators.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

In work today getting paid tonight.

saying to a friend, I can't wait til tomorrow
    I can buy my rice steamer. I'm 26

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Got stopped at a checkpoint recently ...when I looked at the Garda , I realised he was the son of an old school friend of mine ...I,m 42 ..I can remember him being born.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭tiger55

When you pull a girl half your age and its legal.

Today, when I passed a few girls in Marino listening to Cascada and Pitbull tracks on their phones while screaming about how great they are. I thought "what a load of crap" and proceeded to listen to The Beatles. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Last night, wore tights going out because I was too cold and I wore a coat- Im the girl that doesn't believe in jackets, even in winter!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

When I bumped into my 17 year cousin and her older brother, that I used to babysit, in a night club.

:eek:

newbee22: what has age got to do with that? More likely to do with weight-loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Smeggy

I refuse to buy an i-phone/touch screen- I wont part with my brick that I can understand how to use with it's big clicky buttons!!

I really look forward to weekends... when I can read and sleep and drink tea by the fire

(Age 27) :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭V Eight

When I stopped thinking climbing trees was a good idea....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

I'm 31, I've started checking women's fingers for rings ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Whn i realised i was saying to my kids what my father said to me.

and no it was not something spiritual it was

get off that fcuking wall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭vampire of kilmainham

Senna wrote: »
    21/23/25 will you people cop on, you're nowhere near old. I'm 33 and dont feel old.
    sure ol timer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭vampire of kilmainham

ahhhhhh ohhhhhh me back sits down lights my pipe take out my false teeth look accross the horizon yep i rember the old days sonnnnnn

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭YoureSoVain

when you realise that a potential boy/girl friend is not just old enough to have children but could actually be a grandparent :o
    And today I caught myself staring out the window at children kicking a ball near my car.... I was just waiting to go out and shout at them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

I'm 44. I must be the oldest person in this thread. I certainly feel like it. Make two cups of tea, sit down here and we'll talk about the old days when I used to get pilled off me face, drink JD until I could see the back of my own head and go to sleep in the back seat of my car on the side of the road.

Pfft, just wait until your bladder starts waking you at half four in the morning. I used to control it, now it controls me.

'cptr

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭brokenhinge

When pervy old men stopped hitting on me.

When pervy old men stopped hitting on me.
    Jeez, you must be well old.

Interceptor, surely anyone could be woken by needing to go for a wee?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Last month.

Pighead went to see Suede play their reunion gig. Once you go and see you're old favourite band play a reunion gig the games well and truly up.

Advertisement