Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When did you realise you were getting old?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Well, I was at the Duff McKagan gig tonight and so I'm not going down without a fight. A girl even made my night whend me she thought I was 28 or 29 and I know what you're all thinking, that she was just saying that to get me into bed, but I'm telling you she fecking meant it. Course I'm typing this and she is most likely sucking off the bassist of Loaded in the Gresham right now, but I'm trying damn it, I'm still trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Senna wrote: »
    21/23/25 will you people cop on, you're nowhere near old. I'm 33 and dont feel old.

you should thats 3 decades approaching half a century old.:D

just messin! your right to though to be honest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Stonking evil hangovers that need to be planned for days in advance.

Think I'll cut down to 1 night a week in the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

since turning 30:( last febuary ive noticed a few things that are starting to show that im getting old -

making an ahhhhhhhh noise and whispering 'jaysus' as i stand up out of a chair

ive a nose hair that a midget could bungee jump with

i get annoyed when i hear kids playing ' music' on the bus

music nowadays is shite

It's all dire since M-People tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

when i couldnt throw back the sambuca's as brilliantly as i could as a young lad :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Happyzebra

When I started referring to teenagers as children.... They are you know....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Pretty_Pistol

Knew I was getting older when I would watch The Frontline instead of whatever American programme would be on Network 2... or is it RTE 2.

Listen to NewsTalk instead of the obnoxious young radio stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭jackie1974

your only as old as the woman you feel blah blah blah

Well in that case im 23 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

I'm 107 and I still don't feel old.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

When I got a phone call at about 10.30pm on a Friday night from a mate whose first question was "Did I wake you?..."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Eroticfishcake

When I got a phone call at about 10.30pm on a Friday night from a mate whose first question was "Did I wake you?..."

Tell the truth, did he??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Only getting that older feeling since aged 31 or 32 - thank god. Would hate to have felt the need to inflict auldness on myself in my early/mid 20s. That must be crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 blackworld

I have felt it when my friends told my that I look older with my age. . :(
    I don't know if it's a joke or not, but it kinda hurt me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Tell the truth, did he??

No, the damn kids downstairs with their loud music were keeping me awake!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Today...as i just turned another year older :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

blackworld wrote: »
    I have felt it when my friends told my that I look older with my age. . :(

I'm going to let you in on a secret.... everyone gets older looking..

I think, this is my theory but the more you struggle the more it hurts :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Couple of years ago I finally came to the conclusion that I can't drink if I have work the next morning.

In my 20's I could do it no problem but not now. I think I'd have a breakdown.

Also, can't stand the madness of SOME people in their teens/early twenties. Between ridiculous American-ised accents, ****e taste in music, lack of respect for others, I find myself shaking my head at them every now and again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭shannon_tek

Im Young. :D and i never want to leave

• Registered Users Posts: 5,720 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

When I was 25 and filling out an application for something...can't remember (is this a sign of old age?), and I had to tick a box for my age category. The first box was 17-24, the second was 25-32 and so on and I ticked the second box. All I could think of was the older end of the spectrum, "****......I'm in a CATEGORY WITH 32!"

Now I'm heading for the 33-40 category :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

When I was 25 and filling out an application for something...can't remember (is this a sign of old age?), and I had to tick a box for my age category. The first box was 17-24, the second was 25-32 and so on and I ticked the second box. All I could think of was the older end of the spectrum, "****......I'm in a CATEGORY WITH 32!"

Now I'm heading for the 33-40 category :(

You're flucked altogether when you tick over 40 :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

I knew when the number kept increasing, yup.. I'm apparently officially getting old.. er?

What's old??

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭LisaLee

It only felt like a year or two had passed...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

When I had to start tucking my balls into my socks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

I stopped trying to keep abreast of recent pop music.

I stopped being discerning about what type of biscuit I had with my tea. I still have favourites but once I have a nice cuppa I don't care what type of biscuit I have with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

LH Pathe wrote: »
    I knew when the number kept increasing, yup.. I'm apparently officially getting old.. er?

What's old??

OP thinks hes old at 21 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

chucken1 wrote: »
    OP thinks hes old at 21 :D

Getting concerned now did I too think it whilst I felt it? and consequentially looked it, too. was defo older when younger. but naive as fûck nobody be goin doing anything drastic is all I can say on the grounds of being "past it" reaching your full potential means waiting it out old man... at 21.. lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

after I noticed a few grey hairs on my chin in the last year

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

When i had to put on my reading glasses to roll a joint.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Saila wrote: »
    after I noticed a few grey hairs on my chin in the last year

Happened me for the first time this year.

Had a few days stubble and was about to shave after brushing my teeth and seen a bit of toothpaste on by stubbly chin on the right just below my lip but it wouldn't come off. Then I noticed the same on left just below my lip and thought: 'That's weird having two bits of dried toothpaste that won't .. ' and then it hit me .. it's white hair, I'm turning into santa claus :eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Happened me for the first time this year.

Had a few days stubble and was about to shave after brushing my teeth and seen a bit of toothpaste on by stubbly chin on the right just below my lip but it wouldn't come off. Then I noticed the same on left just below my lip and thought: 'That's weird having two bits of dried toothpaste that won't .. ' and then it hit me .. it's white hair, I'm turning into santa claus :eek::eek:

you going to hit the dye then?

me? NO, I earned these war stripes damn it! :mad:

Advertisement