Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beef AI/Bulls MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭GiantPencil

Came across these guys on the 2016 Limousin Journal;

They have a few bulls. Quality seems good.
    Jeez, Cloughhead Lord (Limousin) straws are €350 each.

Some CF52 and EZN straws there too....thought they were all gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Farrell

Some CF52 and EZN straws there too....thought they were all gone!

Be worth keeping, especially if an AI company could store them.
    Allot of 52 bulls around at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭GiantPencil

Farrell wrote: »
    Be worth keeping, especially if an AI company could store them.
    Allot of 52 bulls around at the moment

Agree, I'd store them for as long as is possible until those bulls have pretty much stopped producing progeny - a CF52 or EZN bull in a few years would be in good demand no doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Canaryblue

By any chance does anyone have any calves by the Gene Ireland bull Dereskit Improver (PDR)? Have two heifers in calf to him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Went a bit mad and used Queenshead Altea on a cow, €70 for a first serve :o :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Kovu wrote: »
    Went a bit mad and used Queenshead Altea on a cow, €70 for a first serve :o :eek:

Purebred cow?

Purebred cow?

Yep, a 7yr old, breeding nicely and she's well nailed together so hope she'll hold first time as it's €40 repeat. Was watching her this morning round 2am trying to reverse into a weanling bull in the pen. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Looks good , hope she holds for you

Bullocks wrote: »
    Looks good , hope she holds for you

So does my wallet :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

seen a couple of very nice altea calves on my travels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,739 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

He breeds lovely heifers. Very feminine and classy.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

Nice to hear he's producing the goods anyway! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭dodo mommy

Kovu wrote:
    Went a bit mad and used

Kovu wrote:
    on a cow, €70 for a first serve

Have you ever used ampertaine foreman he looks like a cracker as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭tanko

Has anyone ever kept heifers off FL21 for breeding? Have a couple of his calves this year. Have had a few off him over the years but never kept any, the docility of them is usually pretty bad. Milk figure for him isn't great but daughters calving difficulty is very low.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Bigbird1

tanko wrote: »
    Has anyone ever kept heifers off FL21 for breeding? Have a couple of his calves this year. Have had a few off him over the years but never kept any, the docility of them is usually pretty bad. Milk figure for him isn't great but daughters calving difficulty is very low.

Had one bull calf by him here. Kept for a bullock killed 510 at 29 months, graded R+.Very big and growthy. Great width and pelvis. I was trying for a heifer didnt use him again because i felt cows by him would be too big and heavy.

Same here. I think I've had 3 bulls from him, no heifers. Ideal cross on small cows to add frame and big square hips. Serious growth, the best I've ever seen from a limousin bull. Over 400kgs at 9 or so months.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

Is he still available? I see pg have added the abs Bulls to their online catelogue. Fieldson alfy at €60. Her in doors will murder me if I buy any more straws though!!!

Same here. I think I've had 3 bulls from him, no heifers. Ideal cross on small cows to add frame and big square hips. Serious growth, the best I've ever seen from a limousin bull. Over 400kgs at 9 or so months.

Yeah, good growthy cattle but FZF is the best i ever used from that point of view.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Seaba

tanko wrote: »

I especially picked FL21 out for a lovely quiet cow with a nice bag of milk that we had . Got a heifer - delighted! Turned out to be one of the wildest/dangerous animals we ever had - was so disappointed. We killed her as heifer - U3 - beautiful animal but cracked.

Sickner when that happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭High bike

Anyone any experience of Saler LZR on Munster ai catalogue,nice looking bull and plenty stars behind him

Mac Taylor wrote: »
    Is he still available? I see pg have added the abs Bulls to their online catelogue. Fieldson alfy at €60. Her in doors will murder me if I buy any more straws though!!!

Don't know if FL21 is available but there's better bulls available now.
    Maybe her indoors would buy you ten or fifteen Alfy straws for your birthday?:pac:
    That Lodge Hamlet is a serious looking bull, his calving difficulty will hardly stay that low tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Miname

Anyone any recommendations for a really showy type limo x blue heifer. Don't mention aa.

Easy calving Saler??

Miname wrote: »
    Anyone any recommendations for a really showy type limo x blue heifer. Don't mention aa.

Towthorpe Dubai, LM. Around 4% calving diff.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Towthorpe Dubai, LM. Around 4% calving diff.

We've used a good bit of Dubai on heifers and one cow. The cow had a whopper of a bull calf, the heifers brought Compact enough calves at birth that shape up very well. He's a bull that I like.
    Blue X heifers though are in a league of their own. I'd be cautious for the first calf.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

Miname wrote: »

Blonde or part for a nice shape type animal? Sim or saler for a keeper?

Used sum SH dovea sir James this year on nice sim heifers, got his last 25 straws. Looking forward to the results. Hopefully sum nice shape roan type heifers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

we have a couple of dubai calves this year and very easy calved and growing well, only fault is light in the colour on pure cows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭adne

ZAG is by Apertaine Commander (APM) X Ronick Hawk, back to the G7 cow in the Castelview Herd. Both are good bulls so would be very surprised if ZAG didn't produce the goods too.

Any one know where i could get hold of an apm straw?

• Advertisement

Bitch is in heat this morning :mad: Boooooooo. Ah well, in for a penny, in for a pound!

Advertisement