Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beef AI/Bulls MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

MEELICKADUFF LAMBORGHINI

Could you go wrong at €10 a pop. Calving difficulty would worry me.
    Sympa x Vantastic from a great cow.

http://www.dunmascgenetics.ie/shop/beef-sires/limousin-bull-society-lamborghini-copy/

https://webapp.icbf.com/bull-search/view/1348200036

Cow at Tullamore;

tm17ilim9315.jpg

But how is this bull 5 star replacement with a minus for milk, which makes a mockery of the replacement index with vantastic on the cow side. Anything by vantastic wouldn’t feed a cat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

I've seen a few vantastic cows 5/6 years old almost pulling their back legs under them. Very bad that way. Not saying this bull will be like that as vantastic is diluted. I didn't use him but have looked at him and he looks nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Well with sympa straws selling at €350, surely a son of his with vantastic in there would be worth a try at €10 a pop. I've a sympa cow here and would love to try a son of his, if I could.

'The Bishops blessed the Blueshirts in Galway, As they sailed beneath the Swastika to Spain'

Well with sympa straws selling at €350, surely a son of his with vantastic in there would be worth a try at €10 a pop. I've a sympa cow here and would love to try a son of his, if I could.

He can't be to bad to be fair. Foreman is out of a sympa cow and by wge. Breeding some very top drawer cattle. Allot more expensive though. If a cracking long foreman heifer to calve to gamin next spring, looking forward to that cross.

Here's the cow MEELICKADUFF HONDA ET in Tullamore;
    You can see her walking at 0:25.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im4DytgVld4

'The Bishops blessed the Blueshirts in Galway, As they sailed beneath the Swastika to Spain'

• Advertisement

Here's the cow MEELICKADUFF HONDA ET in Tullamore;
    You can see her walking at 0:25.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im4DytgVld4

She doesn't look to bad, hard to say on a short clip. He's definitely worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭High bike

I think it the boots lads,could be a bit tight��

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭valtra2

PB or commercial? +52Kg on carcass weight. Never seen a lim bull that high.

All commercial. No pb here. Trying him and ch 4159 this year Along with lm4007. Ceq. Derreren Declan.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,209 ✭✭✭tanko

Lamborgini has a skeletal figure of 144. ONI and FZF have a figure of 115 and breed big framed cattle. I wouldn't like to use anything higher than that, good chance of ending up with giraffes.
    I cant see his CD figure staying as low as 7%.
    Anyway time will tell.
    Have 4 heifers and 2 bulls off Derreen Declan here this year, he looks like a very good bull.

tanko wrote: »
    Lamborgini has a skeletal figure of 144. ONI and FZF have a figure of 115 and breed big framed cattle. I wouldn't like to use anything higher than that, good chance of ending up with giraffes.
    I cant see his CD figure staying as low as 7%.
    Anyway time will tell.
    Have 4 heifers and 2 bulls off Derreen Declan here this year, he looks like a very good bull.

Ya, that's the way I'd be thinking too. Thing is, you wouldn't want to be using him on small cows to add size either if his calving difficulty was questionable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

valtra2 wrote: »
    All commercial. No pb here. Trying him and ch 4159 this year Along with lm4007. Ceq. Derreren Declan.

Have you calves off LM4007?
    Had one & was disappointed

Have you calves off LM4007?
    Had one & was disappointed

Yes have a good few. He is my go2 bull for lim.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭High bike

Any heifers calved off him yet,just wondering if his milk figures are true

High bike wrote: »
    Any heifers calved off him yet,just wondering if his milk figures are true

Have one in calf will know next year. Serious shape on the bulls

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Homer jay

Hi, anyone know is the Lm bull Gwo still available from progressive genetics, my local ai man says he’s gone and no more to be had. Was really happy with his calves and easily calved.

Homer jay wrote: »
    Hi, anyone know is the Lm bull Gwo still available from progressive genetics, my local ai man says he’s gone and no more to be had. Was really happy with his calves and easily calved.

GWO is gone for good, you'll be very lucky to get any straws off him now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭adne

Ya he gone so is lm2116

That's a pity, and lm2116 also gone, will have to try some of the others, any recommendations for a similar type but suitable for second callers that has a bit of height and muscle not more than 6% calving difficulty.

That's a pity, and lm2116 also gone, will have to try some of the others, any recommendations for a similar type but suitable for second callers that has a bit of height and muscle not more than 6% calving difficulty.

PG dont seem to have much like that at the momemt. The likes of ADX and LM2117 look more like for mature cows, never used either.
    Lodge Hamlet looks easy calved, he's small but brings a lot of muscle, €22 a straw tho.
    ZAG brings muscle and shape but not the biggest.
    Gamin ZGM from Bova is a serious bull and easy calved.
    LM 2014 from Dovea looks very good too, easy calved, decent size and muscley.

With Munster AI, XGL is still there. 7.1% for calving. Has the muscle and height, but poor stars.

• Advertisement

Was looking at xgl, but a bit high on calving difficulty, usually use lzf or fsz if I cannot get a lm bull under the 6% or thereabouts. Zgm and lm2014 figures look good, but it's mostly pg around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭TPF2012

Homer jay wrote:
    Was looking at xgl, but a bit high on calving difficulty, usually use lzf or fsz if I cannot get a lm bull under the 6% or thereabouts. Zgm and lm2014 figures look good, but it's mostly pg around here.

What about moondharrig Knell, easy calving, good figures, had decent skeletal numbers too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭50HX

PG dont seem to have much like that at the momemt. The likes of ADX and LM2117 look more like for mature cows, never used either.
    Lodge Hamlet looks easy calved, he's small but brings a lot of muscle, €22 a straw tho.
    ZAG brings muscle and shape but not the biggest.
    Gamin ZGM from Bova is a serious bull and easy calved.
    LM 2014 from Dovea looks very good too, easy calved, decent size and muscley.

Any adx i've used over the years are clean bonkers....off of quiet dams, great shape to them tho

TPF2012 wrote: »
    What about moondharrig Knell, easy calving, good figures, had decent skeletal numbers too.

Had two this year, plain enough, easy calved, would be suitable on heifers, looking for something with shape for second calvers.

Fiston might be your best option so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

How you finding him for gestation and shape?

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭TPF2012

What about Derrygullinane Kingbull?

Good shape and very easy calf.not the best pic

Good shape and very easy calf.not the best pic

• Advertisement

TPF2012 wrote: »
    What about Derrygullinane Kingbull?

Serious looking unit alrite and figures to match but unproven yet, €28 a straw too i think. Cant see him being easy calved.

Advertisement