Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DotA 2 General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Twice this week we got MM against fellow boardsies (you know who you are ;))!

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

I haven't fed as Pudge in a while :(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Kunkka wrote: »
    I haven't fed as Pudge in a while :(

How's your puck?

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

How's your puck?

Watching me playing Puck mid is like watching a cat trying to **** a T Rex. It isn't pretty and it's never going to work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Justice

Icefrog has broken the silence on a new patch.

6.84 is coming after Starladder (which finishes 26th apr)

see icefrog's post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Ah would you look who it is ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

I think I'm a Slark believer now.

We should be announcing a bigger Dota 2 Irish LAN in the coming weeks in conjunction with shane and some other well-known Dota 2 players.

6.84 is full of win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

6.84 is full of win.

All these Agh's upgrades...

EDIT: I'm also wondering about Octarine Core for heroes like Timbersaw or Leshrac, looks crazy.

Lotus orb is also great :D

The solar crest items probably looks to be a late game support-only item. Can't see carries picking it up. Radiance passive in fights looks to be good too, they've actually changed Naga into a more team-fight orientated hero.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

ooo cool new items!

great running into rosh with this :D
    Stampede reduces all incoming damage by 70% and allows allies to run through obstructions (trees, cliffs, etc). Destroys trees.

octarine core on leshrac, he now runs into a team damaging them and getting 400hp per second back, lmao

it will be disgusting on bristleback too, healing from quills, casting quills faster...

octarine core on leshrac, he now runs into a team damaging them and getting 400hp per second back, lmao

it will be disgusting on bristleback too, healing from quills, casting quills faster...

Yes, it seems he might be back in carry limelight again. Some of the items and their interactions look great. The lotus orb is amazing. If Doom targets during lotus orb, Doom dooms himself!

That item is so cool. Yeah lots of cool **** can happen, tiny farm ac, alch farm sceptre and give to tiny :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,498 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

So, if SB charges someone at the wrong time, does that person end up charging at SB?

So, if SB charges someone at the wrong time, does that person end up charging at SB?

My guess is nothing happens and SB just meets at the point, however upon being bashed, he himself would be bashed back instead.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

Looks like a great patch. Loving the look of the new items. Still no Pit Lord though :( Centaur ult looks hilarious and Im liking the Aganhims changes. My only fear is though that there really is a lot of items so it might be a bit like LoL where some items just arent used at all.

also, as for the nerfs, the troll one looks tame, the jugger one looks accurate and the sniper one... Im not sure. I still think sniper just found himself in a good place as regards the style of the last patch with highground defense and counter-initiation being so important. Bat continues to be nerfed but its bat so it will always be picked :p just like lycan

BMMachine wrote: »
    Looks like a great patch. Loving the look of the new items. Still no Pit Lord though :( Centaur ult looks hilarious and Im liking the Aganhims changes. My only fear is though that there really is a lot of items so it might be a bit like LoL where some items just arent used at all.

There's room for more items imo. Each hero can have many unique builds and to an extent the majority of them can work in the right situation.

Also did anyone check bounty hunters new track. He can see how much gold the tracked heroes has!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭JD1763

Its good that they introduced more support oriented items - makes the role more diverse and interesting to play instead of the usual standard items.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

My guess is nothing happens and SB just meets at the point, however upon being bashed, he himself would be bashed back instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svZkkrmW77k

Interesting thanks. I guess this is sort of a counter to the item then

add in wisp for 5 man relocate gank :D

http://gfycat.com/UnfinishedTatteredAplomadofalcon

Also, for TI5, so far I think the invites will be:
    EG, Team Secret, C9, Empire, iG, VG/LGD (not sure on this, LGD have form again) and I hope MVP Phoenix. I think Newbee is up in the air as they actually don't give a **** and just fulfilling contractual obligations. I would say Valve HAVE to invite the ti4 champions. The Euro region ingeneral is a mess, with only Empire and Alliance showing a recent form. If Alliance perform well in the upcoming tourneys they might get a direct invite. Otherwise other Euro invite will probably go to Asus.Polar.

Na'vi need a miracle for direct invite along with pretty much any other team (Team Malaysia might, MIGHT get one)

So now I think:
    EG, Team Tinker (If NA gets 2 direct invites), Team Secret, Empire, C9, iG, VG, Newbee, TM, Rave (if SEA gets 2 direct invites).

Up in the air for the rest. I highly disapprove of Newbee getting an invite but at the same time Valve have an obligation to invite the defending champions, right....? Alliance MIGHT get an invite given their form lately. Secret get in only for their performance in DAC. Latest tournaments they're not so good unfortunately. MVP Phoenix knocking on Raves door but Rave have shown form in Global tournaments.

Na'vi at this stage not a hope. From what I've seen so far, I reckon Not Today might qualify from NA if they don't screw up. EU more complicated - could be Na'vi/HR/4C+L at this stage. China probably LGD will dominate. SEA... MVP Phoenix I guess?

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

So now I think:
    EG, Team Tinker (If NA gets 2 direct invites), Team Secret, Empire, C9, iG, VG, Newbee, TM, Rave (if SEA gets 2 direct invites).

Up in the air for the rest. I highly disapprove of Newbee getting an invite but at the same time Valve have an obligation to invite the defending champions, right....? Alliance MIGHT get an invite given their form lately. Secret get in only for their performance in DAC. Latest tournaments they're not so good unfortunately. MVP Phoenix knocking on Raves door but Rave have shown form in Global tournaments.

Na'vi at this stage not a hope. From what I've seen so far, I reckon Not Today might qualify from NA if they don't screw up. EU more complicated - could be Na'vi/HR/4C+L at this stage. China probably LGD will dominate. SEA... MVP Phoenix I guess?

pretty much my exact thoughts. EHOME & LGD will qualify from china although I would love to see HGT get through. For all the shuffling the best teams are all still pretty obvious. Secret still have a bit to go and imo will be absolutely kicking themselves that they got arteezy before Black became available. He would suit their style atm so much more. Black has put in so much work the past 2 years and deserves to be on a top western team and Im afraid Tinker will never be it

• Registered Users Posts: 17,498 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Anybody play last night? Only played one game after the patch went live and we kinda steamrolled, so didn't get to play around with the new items much.

As someone who regularly ends up being solo support, ward changes are great.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Played a bunch of games so far. So much fun, it's a real breath of fresh air. The new items are all pretty ridiculous, would be surprised if most of them didn't get noticeable nerfs.

Yeah played a few. Solar Crest is really good on Venge midgame. Free evasion on your front heroes. Can't complain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Solar Crest seems bananas to me. Venge was one of the first heroes I thought about with regard to it, pretty perfect fit.

Advertisement