Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DotA 2 General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Hurry, CM, Winter Wyvern and possible Lina event coming. CM of course, despite being incredibly slow, has had some good buffs recently, one of my preferred supports in the latest patch (along with Venge and Sand King).

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭KarmaBaby

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

KarmaBaby wrote: »

or a BKB

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Sniper had the right idea.

BMMachine wrote: »
    or a BKB

BS was looking to rupture me every teamfight. Was going for a linkens obviously. Would have worked against lots of other spells too.
    Sniper had the right idea.

Nope. He went shadowblade first item. Only sold it for the BKB when the game was over.

• Advertisement

you are standing still during your ult. ogre can stun you and kunkkka can too. bkb straight after aghs tbh

Aye, Linkins is good for what, one disable. Linkins is especially bad against an Ogre who can rid your linkins for days. Even on Carry heroes I wouldn't get Linkins if ogre was on the other team.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

The xp graph looks like most of my last few played games. Haven't played in over a month. Best thing I've ever done for my mental health.

Please explain why I have a 95% winrate with Necro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Please explain why I have a 95% winrate with Necro.
    The people you play against dislike building linkens bkb/using bkb perhaps. Going linkens bkb pretty much nullifies necro unless you have hex scythe dagon + an item to break linkens. Necro's really powerful but single target carries with initiation kinda destroy the hero. Abyssal AM, morph, slark etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 msowa

Is there a place in Dublin where actually you can sit and watch DOTA games in a pub during high-profiles games? :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

That would be awesome, we could oragnise it if there was interest.

We did it for TI final.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 msowa

LOL community is doing similar thing once a month in Woolshed. TI and ESL ONE finals on huge screens in pub... sounds great :D

Started back again after not playing for a month. Making disgraceful mistakes left, right and centre but still having fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Justice

I just passed 900 games played over the weekend. i still havent achieved my last goal, reaching 50% based on in game metrics (dotabuff has me at just over 50%). 454 games lost, 446 games won. i cant even remember when i set that goal, but ive been over 50% on dotabuff for must be atleast 6 months.

closest ive been is 2 games away.

I only really play unranked, and my hero pool is limited, i dont play as much as i'd like, i always go solo cause i only get windows of opportunity to play, hanging around waiting for players is time i cant afford. I suffer dunning kruger effect as well becuase I think I am getting better. At least some of the plays i see in my games blow me away (a stacked 5K + dude i presume, not my plays).

my dotabuff is here

anyway looking for advise for when im playing core heros (mirana and troll are what i use, my BB has never inspired). I think my mid and late game decision making is poor. From looking at my replays i regularly end up high in the net worth charts after laning phase. I do generally quiet well in the early mid game.

however from my recollection of watching my replays, i consistantly drop down the net worth charts as the game goes longer. I have never managed to stay top of the net worth charts in game. the result is that late game is very percarious for me. i make myself useful with my abilities (sacred arrow ect) and try win the game (objective based gaming)

i think my problem is that i am too player focused, laning phase i can handle becuase on a core i dont want to do much unless i got a little bit of kit (boots, ROA, bottle). i generally have a fair idea what i want to build, getting better at looking at opponents inventories to see what i should be getting, but i get lured into focusing my play on the opponent heros and not farming.

i have managed to get 800+ gpm in unfair bot games so i am not convinced its my mechanical skills, (or as such my cold logical decision making) however a bot game is just a bot game, i dont have the same emotional reaction that i do when playing normal matches (wheather these are physological failing, fear or nervousness i dunno), the fact that i play humans and not bots changes me and how i play (i am presuming, you cant watch replays of bot games).

i suppose i have answerd my own question, figure out why i have such a different attitude to playing humans and change it.

learn different heroes dude. Im looking through your games now and on the first page I see 3 different heroes being used (and one game with jakiro). play all random, sd and rd to learn all those weird little things on heroes and you might surprise yourself. You also learn bullsh1t laning combos and that kinda thing. Mirana and troll are good and all but I'm never really anxious if I'm going against them, they dont dominate pub games in my opinion.. having said that the last Troll game I put my team on my back and won in 30 minutes :p
    your win % with troll is 37.50 after 16 games, not good enough to warrant perusing using him. you are still very new though (900 games is nothing truth be told :p ) so yeah, use this time to use ALL the heroes instead of pigeon holing yourself to 2/3/4. Play different game types, learn the heroes and the game

I couldn't fathom playing the same heroes that many times. Game would be boring as hell.

I've around 1100 played and there are 19 heroes I haven't played yet. I'm making my way through the all hero challenge at the moment, and I recommend you use that as a starting point. Having to learn a new heroes bring me out of any comfort zone I might have. Granted, I always play a few bot games and possibly use Least Played (where everyone is crap) for the first 1-2 games as a new hero.

Jesus Troll Warlord is ****ing disgrace to Dota. How much longer do we have to wait for a nerf to that OP piece of ****?

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

Jesus Troll Warlord is ****ing disgrace to Dota. How much longer do we have to wait for a nerf to that OP piece of ****?

I rarely play nowadays but when I do he is in the game and on the other team! :( :eek::mad:

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1328760264

30K+ XP lead thrown. Home and hosed if they'd only force the outer racks instead of pushing mid repeatedly. Russian SF decides to buy a rapier and feed it to Terrorblade. Urgh!

• Advertisement

Back after a month and finally reaching that 4k goodness. It feels weird taking a month off a PC COMPLETELY. I was down in South America without computers and the majority of TVs are still 4:3 cathodes.

I came home and booted up Dota 2 yesterday and it took my eyes about 3/4 games to become adjusted to the ratio again. Needless to say those games didn't go down too well, but I was back to normal after, winning again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Saw this on Reddit and thought it was worth a share

ZAF74Bz.jpg

the purposefully bad english in that is really grating

I've been having a lot of fun in games recently (except where troll is on either team). Support Gyro is great fun

I've been having a lot of fun in games recently (except where troll is on either team). Support Gyro is great fun

the missile buff is nuts. I think he relies too much on playing against stupid players or overly aggressive confident players though. Hes really a terrible roamer against anyone with a brain. but yeah, when he works in that position hes hilarious

I see Goblak and H4nni have a new team, '4 Clovers and Lepricon'. No stereotyping here at all.

Also, I'm one loss away from 1000 losses. MUST. NOT. LOSE.

Also, for TI5, so far I think the invites will be:
    EG, Team Secret, C9, Empire, iG, VG/LGD (not sure on this, LGD have form again) and I hope MVP Phoenix. I think Newbee is up in the air as they actually don't give a **** and just fulfilling contractual obligations. I would say Valve HAVE to invite the ti4 champions. The Euro region ingeneral is a mess, with only Empire and Alliance showing a recent form. If Alliance perform well in the upcoming tourneys they might get a direct invite. Otherwise other Euro invite will probably go to Asus.Polar.

Na'vi need a miracle for direct invite along with pretty much any other team (Team Malaysia might, MIGHT get one)

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

Dota really is getting boring though. I remember the days I just couldn't stop playing game after game when I had time... now after one game of Troll and Lina I just don't want to play. It's gone very flat and needs a patch in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Kunkka wrote: »
    Dota really is getting boring though. I remember the days I just couldn't stop playing game after game when I had time... now after one game of Troll and Lina I just don't want to play. It's gone very flat and needs a patch in my opinion.

Totally agreed, I'm barely playing at the moment. Any time I load it up now I play one and then don't bother again for days.

After a horrible streak a few months back, I gave up for a month and vowed to only play with my friends. Since then, it's more about talking bollocks on TS than the actual playing, so I haven't noticed it going stale.

Have started playing BF4 and GTA is out today, so not sure if I will play it much now.

• Advertisement

I agree that it needs a patch. Question is how long til we get it? I reckon it'll be a while and it will be incorporated into the Source 2 launch.

Advertisement