Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DotA 2 General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Justice wrote: »
    I thought GGA offered to sponser/buy team secret, but i taught it was rejected by team secret. I dont really know but i am curious.

Yes they did. They are self sustainable.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

im not 100% either but im pretty sure they are under the GGA umbrella. Alex Garfield is carving himself out a little empire. Hes a bit of a prick though tbh, he threatens to blackball journalists if they don't do what he says and just generally likes to throw his weight around. He threatened Slasher on the EG vodcast (cant remember the name exactly.... used to be the starcraft one with guys like inControl and demuslim) and was just bitching and shouting at him and was like "im in talks to having you blackballed" as Slasher said something about player transfers. was pretty shocking to watch live as you gain some idea as to how thinly veiled the whole esports thing is. theres very few people making a lot of money out of all this and the cracks are all papered over

ahh, just seen cherry's post. Good for them! Puppey is a smart boy.

well i was wrong :D Tinker/mouz out of TI. feel really sorry for Black as he had come on leaps and bounds in the past year or so. he became available at the wrong time I think after he left Vici. but yeah, an American team winning the American qualifiers is okay in my book :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

tbh I dont think anyone expected that, especially after the firts game in that series

Yeah disband I think. Black & Qojva need a better team. PieLie - I dunno, peaks and troths. Bulba & Wayto - nice guys but not winners. Bulba I think is one of those guys that everyone likes so gets a bit of leighway as regards his skill level and that kinda thing, I don't rate him though

• Advertisement

Agree with above. I think Black and Qojva are TI material for sure, PieLie is always hit and miss. Last two, GL HF in regional Dota, you guys are not winners.

Jesus christ those 2 Na'Vi games today were amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

since the new patch dropped i've been dropping mmr at a fairly alarming rate. i play exclusively supports. anyone else experience something similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 PotmBottom

froog wrote: »
    since the new patch dropped i've been dropping mmr at a fairly alarming rate. i play exclusively supports. anyone else experience something similar?

I have no idea what MMR you are at and what conditions you play under, but as someone who plays usually in two or three stacks and dabbles in support from time to time at around the 3k-3.5k MMR range, I found this patch is heavily favoured towards supports making a meaningful difference in the game. My favourite support is Crystal Maiden and even though she is quite weak in the pro meta I always find a way to contribute in pubs. You can max arcane aura to help out the spammier heroes on your team and you can always rotate to help other lanes, sometimes it's better to just leave the carry solo if he's not experiencing any harass although a lot of pubs can't deal with that pressure and will blame you for abandoning them. I always think of Dota especially at my MMR as a game where the team that throws the least is the team that wins the game, just try to make less mistakes than your opponent, someone will always make a game losing mistake and allow you back into the game.

I have no idea what MMR you are at and what conditions you play under, but as someone who plays usually in two or three stacks and dabbles in support from time to time at around the 3k-3.5k MMR range, I found this patch is heavily favoured towards supports making a meaningful difference in the game. My favourite support is Crystal Maiden and even though she is quite weak in the pro meta I always find a way to contribute in pubs. You can max arcane aura to help out the spammier heroes on your team and you can always rotate to help other lanes, sometimes it's better to just leave the carry solo if he's not experiencing any harass although a lot of pubs can't deal with that pressure and will blame you for abandoning them. I always think of Dota especially at my MMR as a game where the team that throws the least is the team that wins the game, just try to make less mistakes than your opponent, someone will always make a game losing mistake and allow you back into the game.

Edit: I would post a link to my dotabuff but I am a new user.

• Advertisement

Kinda, my party MMR has dipped, my solo has risen, I guess its balanced out somewhat. What supports do you normally play?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I've been on a heater this patch (66% winrate over 35 games, mostly solo ranked). No idea why, having fun though!

yeah I really like the patch. far better than .83 fits me quite nicely :)

Alliance going out with a whisper :s sad for them as I really like Pajkatt. karma for dropping Niqua? Bulldog is overrated by fans anyhow, dunno why the changed.
    Na'Vi looking strong and really like 4ASC's run but have a feeling NiP might pip them (watching the draft of NiP - Vega game 3 atm, think NiP will take it)

Amazing summation of Na'vi yesterday:

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Justice

Well the EU Quals was interesting.

I didn't like the group stages set up, too much CIS dota in group B. mind you CIS vs CIS dota is great fun to watch, i feel Navi has an advantage over other CIS teams (experiance and non reliance on the play style)

group A was knife edge stuff, disappointed with alliance, but more so with NIP, who i thought could handle vega. i though 4asc and NIP both played too passively vs Vega, it felt kinda like a play style conflict where Vega had the upper edge, Nip/4asc tried to control too much, you have to embrase the team fighting choas vs Vega, a trick that navi pulled off better than anyone else (the vega vs Navi group match was an education in chaos).

I think Na'Vi were the best team there and deserved to win the EU qualifiers. I think NiP were pretty much a flavour of the moment team, a lot of hype surrounding them but no real successes, I got caught up too in their last match but they just don't have that extra edge. I was disappointed in Alliance but maybe just deserves. Solo and Mag are really good players so Vega didn't surprise me too much. I imagine them and CDEC will get through the wildcard (its 2 places isn't it?)

TI will be very interesting but up first is the Mars TV DotA league happening in China this week. Can Secret do it again with who are realistically going to be their main challengers for TI5?

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭the butcher

Since the patch I've gone back to DOTA. Needed a serious break. Love all the aghs upgrades and the new items!

Should not have won this match but my golems saved us from certain doom a few times, managed to team wipe them twice as I was the only one standing ->
    http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1517651835

Tried jungling with bloodseeker for something different but didn't work well. What's the best build for him now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Kinda, my party MMR has dipped, my solo has risen, I guess its balanced out somewhat. What supports do you normally play?

dark seer, ss, venge, lich, tide mainly

dark seer, ss, venge, lich, tide mainly

try disruptor, wd, lina

With Bloodseeker I've gone Threads, S&Y, Maelstrom, MKB, Shadow Blade into Silveredge and then Mjollnir before game ended.

Focused mainly on the AM/Doom for my kills in this match ->
    http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1538092966

Then played BS again in my second longest match ever...yes that's correct...enemy picked Techies ->
    http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1540524246

With the team setup we had, we were quite squishy in comparison to their team for the first 30 minutes. Decided to go tanky/utility as we needed one or two of us to stay alive long enough in team fights so our drow could do some real damage. I went Treads, Poor Mans Shield, S&Y, ForceStaff (to push out our main heroes if caught by Clock, or set up my ult), then went straight to heart, blademail, abyssal.

What surprised me the most was the blademail + bloodrage combo. Legion ult was a death sentence if I got them off in time when she would blink on me. The techies scepter is just so obnoxious. I lacked damage output after 40 minutes and my kills went downhill from there but I was basically a slab of meat in team fights. Good Techies just do not make the game fun, so demoralising.

• Advertisement

I don't understand the lack of BKB in either game. Could have made the game waaaay easier (moreso in the second one)

This makes me lose faith in humanity. We take mega creeps, 3 of us back off as we're low HP, the other two (a SUPPORT ****ING SLARDAR) stay and fight and die. They go for a yolo push down mid, the two buyback and instadie. We're left with me with BB, a Naga who just purchased a ****ing item. God that game made me rage so hard. BTW they didn't have even a T3 tower taken at this point, they just went yolo and our side was getting killed one by one.

I played support Lesh but was so fed up at one point (started with 9-0 kills) I just started farming instead to get a BKB because clearly some of my teammates weren't up to the task of fulfilling a carry role. And don't get me started with Storm. His score looked ok but if you watch the match he's a Grade A pussy.

I played support Lesh but was so fed up at one point (started with 9-0 kills) I just started farming instead to get a BKB because clearly some of my teammates weren't up to the task of fulfilling a carry role. And don't get me started with Storm. His score looked ok but if you watch the match he's a Grade A pussy.

Goddamn, that looks rough. Nothing worse than someone playing a hero like a pussy, a hero that is designed to go into the middle of team fights and f**k s**t up. Slardar has terrible farm, unbelievable, could of been your tank.

You have a decent selection of heroes, it's such a buzzkill when players get cocky and rush out and get destroyed by a 5 man rush. Stupid decisions that lose the game. When they beat you in a team fight, fair enough but when things like that happen...it's only time for one thing...ultimate RAGE.

patience patience patience. Its unbelievably important. One thing I really f**king hate is people being overly aggressive because they think its more "skilful" or some garbage like that. Being forced to take stupid teamfights also pisses me right off simply because someone thinks its a good idea to go in and drags the rest with them. Then if you try and take command after they f**k it up time and again the normal thing is for your team to get spiteful and play against you because how dare you try and win and know what to do. The attitude of so many players in this game is just broken

Had a NP playing "on his own" for the entire game because he "didn't care anymore" due to them getting some good ganks/kills early on at the 10 minute mark. Tried to push early on but disrupter was damn good at blinking in and killing him off.

Luckily our clock was good and surprised their Maiden didn't force staff people out, she stayed back a lot. I played Zeus and stayed back a good bit trying to nuke from a distance and wait for BKBs to wear off. Overall it was a fun game and well deserved victory. Usually pick tanks or nuker heroes.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1519732593

how did they not win 5v4 with that spectre... no radi / heart is how!

My god does the new UI look cool, so many new cool features! Can't wait for custom games too, going to be a fun summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,498 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Played a decent veno game here. Enemy team fed early and we were 4-1 up at the 1 minute mark and managed an aegis snatch later. Somewhere in the middle, our NP and troll decided to go for lunch for 15 minutes and received abandons. We almost lost because of that. Just as we lost our T3 mid, they came back and the remaining 3 managed to last longer than 2 seconds in team fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Justice

I have been enjoying a mixed run lately.
    i've posted here before about my short term goals, got good advice here but not all of which i took on board.

anyway i had another milestone creep up on me,
    i finally earned my way onto a high skilled game lobby while solo queing.
    unfortuantly in the game i played an underwhelming offlane mirana and we lost.

i am looking forward to the new dota,
    my daughter is going away for 3 out of the next 4 weeks and this means i will be playing lots of games! i might even accept a party invitation for once cherry!

• Advertisement

Good man! :D

I didn't know offlane Mirana was still a thing. Very 6.79 :P I play Mirana but just as a roamer these days.

When I solo most of my games are High, but I get the odd Very High skilled one too, judging by my MMR the crossover starts around 3.5k for that.

Advertisement