Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DotA 2 General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Kunkka wrote: »
    I'm painfully bad at it. I wasn't an awful CS:S player too which is annoying but games like that need constant practice to be decent which I don't have time for Paul :( . Exams, work & other life stuff getting in the way of my gaming it's a sad ****ing time! :mad::mad:

I will carry you! Good luck in those exams, poor life choice, back to gaming. You can keep on other thing form your list.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

I will carry you! Good luck in those exams, poor life choice, back to gaming. You can keep on other thing form your list.

I miss feeding with furion dagon!

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

The Asian Championships are on at the minute.
    A lot of interesting roster changes, wonder how this will influence drafts. Was going to write up a big post/article about the teams and changes and so forth when I get a little bit of time. Would you guys be interested? I know a lot aren't really playing atm (including me!), I might try and get it up on joindota or something too.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭KarmaBaby

Having a positive winrate in low mmr with Bane support is impossible.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1152434640

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

KarmaBaby wrote: »
    Having a positive winrate in low mmr with Bane support is impossible.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1152434640

How low are we talking? I'm a paltry 1874 at the moment and I've yet to see someone pick him aside from myself!

• Advertisement

How low are we talking? I'm a paltry 1874 at the moment and I've yet to see someone pick him aside from myself!

Ì'm yo-yoing between 2400 and 3000. I just can't get out of the trench. Its my own fault for playing support too often, but I always feel that if I don't the draft will certainly be ****ed up.

Some people are very very ill.

http://www.dotabuff.com/players/103192601

This game made me want to quit dota. 1:20 minutes. Mega Creeps for 20 minutes and lose after team to decides to feed one by one trying to get the throne. Earthshaker and Kunkka absolutely worthless. I have muted on average 3 of my team-mates in the last 8 games I've played.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1163581443

well imo, the player base and fun of the game in publics is at its absolute lowest and is only going down. Maybe try and find organised games, they are not all green pastures and to not be weeded out you do have to be at a certain level but they are a damn site better than randomly crazy matchmaking with dribbling wrecks

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

My support Pudge is amazing. I've being playing him in nothing but a support role since his hook buff. It's incredibly good for first bloods now that there's 2 runes. You can sit in jungle on Dire or Radiant and bait out the run contesting with your mid/carry. Every time I get a hook off at 0:00 and our carry gets the first blood. If you guys haven't noticed I'm really liking support Pudge. I think I've won every game as support Pudge since the buff.

Guys. SUPPORT. PUDGE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

I have more games played as Pudge played than most people have games on any hero :o . Once the setup is right I normally win as him otherwise it can be a feed fest and I enjoy feeding

Every two out of three games now goes like this. http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1164560257

Unacceptable drafting. Unacceptable lanes and an unwinnable game from the start. Morons playing cores who insist everything will be fine proceed to feed and eventually one abandons.

Thanks for playing Dota.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Every two out of three games now goes like this. http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1164560257

Unacceptable drafting. Unacceptable lanes and an unwinnable game from the start. Morons playing cores who insist everything will be fine proceed to feed and eventually one abandons.

Thanks for playing Dota.

Dude just play with us already :D

Dude just play with us already :D

I live in Turkey. :(

I live in Turkey. :(

And you play in EU West, so what? :)

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1163244333

Anyone able to explain Venomancer's reasoning behind his item choices?

Was a disappointing game, myself and Treant trying to keep spirits high while Invoker uses meteor to kill a single creep and Necrophos builds a Dagon 5 but doesn't use it. Wasn't entirely their fault though, I engaged at times where I shouldn't and got obliterated for it, even when I did realise "I will only feed by trying to fight now", Invoker would still flame myself and the other who died.

I think I still prefer the support role, but I got better at last hitting that game at least.

Aghs sure, great item on Veno. But the other stuff just looks like he wanted to carry or something, I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 davedavedave

Hi All,

Just started playing DOTA2 and am looking for people to play with, I'm only level 5 so can't do ranked at the moment but I'm getting tired of playing with randoms. Have been playing a lot with Luna.

If anyone wants to add me my steam name is DaveDaveDave

/id/daviddaviddavid

Thanks

but I'm getting tired of playing with randoms

a few hours into the game :s as Prince would say, its a sign of the times :(

BMMachine wrote: »
    a few hours into the game :s as Prince would say, its a sign of the times :(

Go on

• Advertisement

oh just how bad public play has gotten over the past 2 years :( I've been playing since late 05 / early 06 and I've just seen the standards go down and down in past while. Like, new players are new players, thats fine and dandy, but the absolute toxicity, stupidity and sheer annoyingness of the player base is making the game completely unplayable. Its what I imagine CoD on the xbox to be like but worse as DotA is a harder game so players are more easily wound up about it

I understand. Yeah I'm a bit older than the average COD player, moved to this game as I was annoyed playing with the usual FPS kids with no tactics.

I was annoyed playing with the usual FPS kids with no tactics.

So you chose Dota? :confused:

I have a friend that describes DotA as an abusive relationship :p

What game do you guys suggest?

Elite: Dangerous :)

and yeah, DotA is like heroin - fun at first but then utterly frustrating and completely stupid. As a user of almost a decade now I can safely say, don't start :p
    well, thats unfair, its a great game but completely ruined by gibbering idiots

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭BittaTrig

If you're starting i'd recommend playing ranked early as possible, I left it until lvl 160 and ended up being stuck in a 2k mmr trench... I won 7 of 10 of my fecking calibration games too. the longer you leave it chances are your public MMR(Which is hidden) will get lower unless you're amazing at the game.

do not play ranked dota. it is a complete time vampire and proves absolutely nothing. In extreme cases, as in if you are ultra amazing or ultra terrible, it can mean something, other than that it means absolutely sweet f.a and you are forced to deal with screaming teenagers riddled with anger about numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭BittaTrig

BMMachine wrote: »
    do not play ranked dota. it is a complete time vampire and proves absolutely nothing. In extreme cases, as in if you are ultra amazing or ultra terrible, it can mean something, other than that it means absolutely sweet f.a and you are forced to deal with screaming teenagers riddled with anger about numbers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBclZrm8KTY&ab_channel=Rustsandstuffs

Case in point.... Imagine the rage

• Advertisement

yup :) gave that stuff up back in HoN. Think I've played 6/7 ranked games (all with teams) in total in DotA 2. I learned my lesson. I was kinda lucky though as I knew people and didnt have to "prove" myself with a meaningless number which many of the new kids demand these days "OMG HES 5.8MMR HE MUST BE AMAZING!" and then they get crushed because they have no idea how to play as a team or the difference between public and actual games of dota.
    I also love completely outplaying everyone in the game and then getting raged at because "OMG YOU DON'T EVEN PLAY RANKED F'N SCRUB!" sure mates :)

but boys will be boys and find a need to rank themselves. the matchmaking algorithms are also absolutely ridiculous (normals anyhow).

Advertisement