Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DotA 2 General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

He has unique advantages, while I think it should be nerfed, I don't think it should be changed too much.

Also glad that it goes against the boring "always have buyback games" in general, more of that please.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭the butcher

He is the only hero that has this ability out of over 100 heroes! He has terrible mobility/movement speed, no escape, no proper stuns/lockdown (Don't count the ult..), a passive skill that means he has to go core/mid.

Example in this game, the only 3 times we managed to kill Anti-mage was due to my necro ult -> http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1015507999

Without it, we would of been done for as he was able to wipe 4 of us out quickly. The extra time AM was away, we went for towers as we didn't have the damage output to push (Spectre went off and farmed after the team fight), those extra 30 seconds meant we had a chance to take tax and let our Spectre become fatter than their carry. One of the reasons why you would pick Necro!

Get Orchid or go silence type heroes (DP, Silencer) to shutdown Necro, one or two stuns and a nuke should wipe him out, or even physical attacks as he has terrible armor too.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

It still is stupid as per my point above.
    Kunkka wrote: »
    I agree with this. It's completely insane at level 6 that you're able to do that. If you gank a side lane you can have a lvl 3/4 hero out for an extra 30 seconds which is a 200% increase...... :confused: :eek:

He can just make an enemy team completely useless with the extra time out and levels supports will miss from him ganking side lanes. There is a reason there is so many topics about it and why every moans about him being picked. He is overpowered, stupidly overpowered and I love the concept

• Registered Users Posts: 17,522 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

After avoiding him because I was terrible with him for so long, I've started playing Rubick a bit more now. He is so much fun. Such a grade-A asshole.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

maybe people can adjust to a level 6 gank frgom him, how much is buyback at that low level? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

maybe people can adjust to a level 6 gank frgom him, how much is buyback at that low level? :D

Which would then get added to your next death making the situation even worse. :pac:

He has no disable, with proper wards/sight you shouldn't be caught out by a Necro coming from mid to gank!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

We're obviously talking about him killing the other mid hero with a gank from supports. Why would a carry hero ever be rotating mid to gank 5 minutes into the game?

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    We're obviously talking about him killing the other mid hero with a gank from supports. Why would a carry hero ever be rotating mid to gank 5 minutes into the game?

works in pubs if you are with a stack due to the passive nature of most players.
    but yeah, the ult needs to be scaled and not just a flat 30. wouldnt be surprised at all to see that next patch

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Justice

found some excellant dota funnies by a guy keller max.

this was my favourite.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Despite the lacklustre qualis for Dreamleague the league LAN playoffs are really entertaining so far.

Despite the lacklustre qualis for Dreamleague the league LAN playoffs are really entertaining so far.

is this LAN? I thought the LAN was next week.
    Don't really like the Dreamleague commentary team though :s forever laughing at their own injokes and just generally unfunny while ignoring large parts of the game. I do have a lot of time for 2GD though, despite his raging hard-on for Alliance :p

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

It's LAN currently yes. Top 6 of the 8 will go to the finals.

Tried Oracle out on Test last night. Pretty cool and some nice skills that could slot in well on the right heroes for teamfights.

As in, Huskar, PA, damage dealers would have a lot of fun for 9 seconds.

theres this one commentator, american i think, on Dreamleague and he says "is real" about 15 times a match. so god damn annoying, speak like a normal person please

Merlini?

Merlini?

nah not him. Merlini is probably one of the best analysis guys out there. I have a lot of time for that dude

me and my friend watched Hercules with The Rock last weekend. Its terrible.

But it is a film about a farmed carry

4ASC have been really entertaining. Jerax support plays have been the most exciting I've seen in a long time. And Matumba... he has big balls.

• Advertisement

Its Lumi... How did I not know.
    always annoying and very overrated

• Registered Users Posts: 17,522 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

This game was ridiculous (I was Zeus). Our void was crap, with a crap build and crap chronos. The enemy bristleback was also crap, which balanced things a bit, but we had little pushing power in comparison. They had our mid and bottom barracks by the time we just had their tier 1s. Alchemist tried to back door our ancient and got the towers before we killed him. He bought back, we won a team fight and pushed straight down the middle and won. We really, really shouldn't have.

Unless something else demands it, I usually get a cloak if facing a Zeus, but none of them did? Madness.

Yeah Zeus needs to be focused in a fight, otherwise the bastard is dealing over 800 damage every 6 seconds (3 Qs, 1 W + passive) and that's without using veil! He is by far one of the greatest damage dealers in the game. Surprised Bristle or someone didn't go for pipe in your game. Madness. Tiny should of went for blink so he could nab you in a combo.

Got a nice DP set by playing the PA contract. Deliberately picked Zeus to help PA secure the contract kill.

I was on reddit (ugh... showered after) and I see that people are trolling the contract thingy by refusing to end games until she completes it and autoleaving if players done get one and that sort of crap.
    If they come out with these events then they shouldnt have them in the main game due to the, well, you know... them

This game was ridiculous (I was Zeus). Our void was crap, with a crap build and crap chronos. The enemy bristleback was also crap, which balanced things a bit, but we had little pushing power in comparison. They had our mid and bottom barracks by the time we just had their tier 1s. Alchemist tried to back door our ancient and got the towers before we killed him. He bought back, we won a team fight and pushed straight down the middle and won. We really, really shouldn't have.

Unless something else demands it, I usually get a cloak if facing a Zeus, but none of them did? Madness.

not 1 bkb, hood or any sort of magic defence on the enemy team versus a lich & zeus :s their bristle looks terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

BMMachine wrote: »
    not 1 bkb, hood or any sort of magic defence on the enemy team versus a lich & zeus :s

maxresdefault.jpg

They have Dota 2 plushies in Gamestop!

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat
    no idea where that is at this stage haha, cheers! Will have a look in town

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

They have Dota 2 plushies in Gamestop!

found this out myself today, dangerous, there's the second run of the micro plushes, €12 a pop.

• Advertisement

They had the 1st run in Stephens Green at a tenner a pop

Advertisement