Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DotA 2 General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

Don't feel like CM is OP at all in the new patch. Team composition should dictate that. Omni is the most annoying f**ker at the moment I find.

yup. had 3 games as omni recently, won so easily. on top of sh1tters not being able to deal with him he can really make 2 players win the game.
    really liked PPD over the whole show, great player and drafter. really glad to see Black be an absolute boss on the best chinese team. hard worker, potentially great player

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Anyone up for a game? Add me as grizgrizzly on steam.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

RmBzXhx.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭the butcher

A game where it went right from the start ->
    http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/975121685

Worst AM EU. Just look at those items, support AM ftw. Necro/Lion were butter to my Chaos Knight bread.

A game where you have 2 Russians and still win ->
    http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/975308089

I pick Axe first. 2 Russians on the team pick Sven/Wraith King. Luckily the opposite team are equally as stupid and pick loads of melee too. Sven goes with me in lane against Pudge/Bounty. Sven is pinging all over the place, cyka this and that. Tells me that I'm stealing kills even though most of them are because I'm blinking into their team along with the enemy creep wave, blasting on blade mail swinging like mad and ulting the carry (Troll) then Invoker before they can do anything. Starting to lose team fights from 40-45 minutes but then Wraith King eventually came online and broke the top/bot barracks.

A game that went wrong due to not killing off mid game ->
    http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/973283120

Went Sven mid...at one stage I was 11-4 after a tough early stage due to Skywrath n Mirana roaming and catching me in mid with Tinker. Unfortunately Sniper and Doom were picked after me randoming Sven *sigh*. Spectre came online later and after 2 team fight losses I knew it was finished.

*edit - Also was my first game as Sven so didn't know exactly how to build him. The MOM was awesome against everyone else except for Clock (Blademail) & Spectre (dispersion). I would melt even with heart.

some russians can be fine as they are far less emotional than other western players. its only the seriously aggressive ones that are the problem. mouthy/loud EU players piss me off more as most of them have a complex about their skill level. they tend to get really emotional when they start losing and end up repeating the same mistakes or ruining the game... or running around screaming reported and various other horrible dota memes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,527 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Worst AM EU

What the actual fcuk

I think I'm the worst batrider in the world. He is my next for all-hero challenge and I've lost 6 games with him. At first, I assumed it was cos I was sh1te, but I've also been in teams where everyone is terrible.

Had a naga who ulted twice after I lassoed. Last night, was laning alongside a NP (!!!) who fed a juggernaut like crazy.

Anybody any tips? I always try to rush a blink dagger. Depending on how the game goes, I either get boots of speed or force staff next.

For team fights, I tend to flame, blink, lasso and drag the hero towards a tower where my team is. Should I aim to bring them over a cliff?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Batrider is very dependent on teammates. If you Lasso, that's all well and good but if there's no follow up whats the point? Make sure you have a team-focused team if you're playing Batrider. If you don't you're probably in for a bad time.

Ofc you should always pull the enemy towards your team. If the Naga ulted after Lasso then your teammates aren't following up. Batrider can be built a few different ways. I tend to go tranq boots, blink, force staff, bkb then luxury items after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

Batrider is very dependent on teammates. If you Lasso, that's all well and good but if there's no follow up whats the point? Make sure you have a team-focused team if you're playing Batrider. If you don't you're probably in for a bad time.

Ofc you should always pull the enemy towards your team. If the Naga ulted after Lasso then your teammates aren't following up. Batrider can be built a few different ways. I tend to go tranq boots, blink, force staff, bkb then luxury items after that.

I echo this. Preferably pick him in a team with some more crowd control. Always go to grab the other team's key asset when possible.

Yeah if Bat pulls in someone but no one else on your team can kill them in time, then team composition was the problem from the start. Naga wouldn't compliment Batrider well, both need a team around them that can do serious damage.

Too much initiation on a team can be a terrible thing. Example ->
    http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/942721247

Enemy team has Magnus/Tide/Kunkka/Enigma/Warlock, all great initiators but apart from Kunkka and Magnus, the rest could not provide enough damage after the ults. Once your team can spread out and either wait for them to strike or nab one or two in lane before a team fight, they can't do much at all.

But I can see how that team could stomp at lower levels with people bunching up, no tanks to take the damage etc. I was able to destroy Tide/Kunkka in lane by going fully aggressive as Axe, no reliable stun against Axe means he will run riot most times.

• Advertisement

Got bat done on Friday night. Roamed with a mate of mine (necro). 1-2-15 for me and 16-2-8 for him meant the pairing worked. Retarded NP on the other team who didn't realise that Sprout is useless against a batrider kinda helped too.

Next up: Riki :(

Next up: Riki :(

hes so easy to win with now you can walk the game

I'm poor with carries and gankers, let alone stealth heroes. I'm always roped into supporting because nobody else does, so when my usual role is changed, I feed.

I'm poor with carries and gankers, let alone stealth heroes. I'm always roped into supporting because nobody else does, so when my usual role is changed, I feed.

use him in practice mode first, get your last hits down. build wise - atm im preferring a 1-1-1 at level 3 then I max the invis spell (not everyones cup of tea but in public games its amazing, especially if offlane, oh and i tend to get it at lvl 1) items - hatchet, shield, tangoes to start (hatchet is good if you are unused to last hitting) then build into scout shield, treads, basillus (mana regen is surprisingly important) then into diffusal & yasha and from there on its situational - bkb's bashers etc

now when you are playing with him you have to have a good read of the game. like, watch the map and always be clicking on enemy heroes to see who has dust, sentries etc. even if they arent in your lane. you can test if sentries are down using the enemy creep wave, if they are just back off as you can get molested easy enough.
    pick on the enemy supports in the early game when team fights or ganks are happening. your smoke is an amazing spell and can really ruin somebodies day, especially the rubicks and crystal maidens of this world. you want to get right close to them, hit once and then smoke - takes a lil timing. you dont need to use your blink strike in the smoke, just autoattack their back and when the smoke clears start your blinking, it can be worth using a diffusal charge on tankier heroes in the smoke to make sure they dont escape. reason being is you want to be as annoying as possible to target. your passive invis gives you regen so dont be afraid to back off and then come back when they least expect you. if they use dust on you, you can diffusal yourself to remove it and believe me, that can be game changing.

you mainly want to play like a dick. if the enemy has a silly jungler (lone druid, ursa, np) you can absolutely clean up from level 3 onwards (get an orb of venom for this). just play a game with him in practice mode to get his mechanics down and then apply the in game without panicking or losing concentration and you should be fine

Cheers.

I've played him a couple of times in Least Played, but that was pre 6.82. I imagine laning is easier now but pre-6 ganking/chasing is difficult.

I assume treads/diffusal is still the best build? I've seen builds for MoM/skull basher, but never tried them.

leave the masks of madness to the streamers :)

biggest enemy in dota right now: the music played on streams in between matches :s beyond sh*t

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Necro ****s the comeback mechanics. It makes me happy.

Necro ****s the comeback mechanics. It makes me happy.

with the ult the way it is now hes finally back on the high tier. think he hasnt been there since... 2009ish. I like it though, I think its an excellent mechanic to bring in. is he a first pick/ban yet though? I think in time he will be once the teams get a necro lineup down. Secret look close to it alright

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭KarmaBaby

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1006827031

Biggest matchmaking fail I've ever seen. WTF with the Sniper and Pugna in this game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭KarmaBaby

BMMachine wrote: »
    with the ult the way it is now hes finally back on the high tier. think he hasnt been there since... 2009ish. I like it though, I think its an excellent mechanic to bring in. is he a first pick/ban yet though? I think in time he will be once the teams get a necro lineup down. Secret look close to it alright

I think necro has been stronger than the pro scene realised for a couple of patches now. For one reason or another it just took a while for him to make it into the meta. It was the same with death prophet. I couldn't understand why she wasn't getting drafted when she was clearly OP. Now she's top tier after even a nerf.

KarmaBaby wrote: »
    I think necro has been stronger than the pro scene realised for a couple of patches now. For one reason or another it just took a while for him to make it into the meta. It was the same with death prophet. I couldn't understand why she wasn't getting drafted when she was clearly OP. Now she's top tier after even a nerf.

tbh, necro has been in and out of drafts since 2008. he could never find a home until now, there was always something more effective. i remember in 09 when he was a massive pick and me and my team would love when they like first picked him cos countering was so easy. now though, hes super legit and this pleases me :)

Pity they changed Necro's voice. Preferred the original Dota 2 one.

Kunkka wrote: »
    Pity they changed Necro's voice. Preferred the original Dota 2 one.

he was voiceless for ages in WC3 dota and the only noise he would make was the "wuurrrgghhh" when he used his spell :p

Love Necro, currently have a 68% win rate with him after 60 games. After Zeus, he has the highest KDA ratio for me, 5.36. Taking out the carry feels so good. People in pubs still tend to not focus him in fights which I think is a major no no.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Love Necro, currently have a 68% win rate with him after 60 games. After Zeus, he has the highest KDA ratio for me, 5.36. Taking out the carry feels so good. People in pubs still tend to not focus him in fights which I think is a major no no.

I've played a lot of Necro this patch and I get instantly focused every single fight. Doesn't matter though, the hero is ridiculous. Pretty much every loss I've had with him I've felt I've thrown the game/could've won if I played better (except one where I had a void who went dagon). He needs to be nerfed asap.

Screw the nerf, keep him there the way he is. He's stopping fast pushes with long, no buyback games! He's literally the anti-cancer the game has been looking for. He can turn the game on its head with just a single fatal flaw from the opposition.

I'm delighted he's back in the mix and in the state he's in too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Screw the nerf, keep him there the way he is. He's stopping fast pushes with long, no buyback games! He's literally the anti-cancer the game has been looking for. He can turn the game on its head with just a single fatal flaw from the opposition.

I'm delighted he's back in the mix and in the state he's in too.

You shouldn't be able to kill the enemy mid hero 5 minutes into the game and they're dead for 60 seconds. It's just ridiculous. The extra death time should scale per level of the ult instead of being a flat 30 seconds from level 1.

I also don't think it should add 30 seconds if they're on the buyback death timer. There's no justification for a hero being dead for two and a half fecking minutes.

That's not even going into the no buyback part of it!

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    You shouldn't be able to kill the enemy mid hero 5 minutes into the game and they're dead for 60 seconds. It's just ridiculous. The extra death time should scale per level of the ult instead of being a flat 30 seconds from level 1.

I also don't think it should add 30 seconds if they're on the buyback death timer. There's no justification for a hero being dead for two and a half fecking minutes.

i think that no buyback is a good thing w/scepter but I agree with everything else!

• Advertisement

Dreddybajs wrote: »

I agree with this. It's completely insane at level 6 that you're able to do that. If you gank a side lane you can have a lvl 3/4 hero out for an extra 30 seconds which is a 200% increase...... :confused: :eek:

It should be altered for the level of hero you ulti in my opinion

Advertisement