Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DotA 2 General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

BMMachine wrote: »
    played last night to see the patch. went riki.... hilarious.

I'd say he's a **** to any jungle hero

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

yeah they had no jungle though. was 1v1 against a clinkz. he thought he was great at the first 2 levels, trying to zone me out and all that. but at level 3 he quickly realised he couldnt lane against me.
    i think hes going to work best in that kind of role, a 1v1 sidelane hero like weaver or doom. hes counterable alright but you really have to keep on top of him. his new ulti is absolutely hilarious now too.

seeing a lot of sven pickups in pro games. the staff buff is just insane

• Registered Users Posts: 17,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

PL is so goddamn broken

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Patch earlier today seems to have tried to fix the ridiculous gold people were getting for killing high net worth heroes, seems much better now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

The majority of my games have been 40+ min games... with mostly finishing around 50-55 mins, culmininating in a 75 min game just now. I wish they'd make the xp change less as well. I played game where I was support zeus, lvl 5. Run in bolt a pudge, level, ult go straight to lvl 8. Had another 2 team fights where I got 2 levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭the butcher

6.82b has come. Changes to XP/Gold bounty again. Comeback meta has been reduced by about 66%.

Team played pretty badly for majority of the game, they got mid rax. Really sloppy play from us and with Tusk/Alchem roaming early on caused a lot of mayhem. Tried to get pushes going but wasn't working out and lost any chance to end mid game which made me thought it was over due to them having 4 carries and doing really well. Around 50 minute mark their bkbs weren't as effective and we tried to target them a bit better with some intelligent play at our other towers. Will have to watch the replay because it's still hard to believe that we won, check out that XP swing towards the end lol ->

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/932015855

Look at the huge gap in last hits and compare the total gold, there is no difference.

Team played pretty badly for majority of the game, they got mid rax. Really sloppy play from us and with Tusk/Alchem roaming early on caused a lot of mayhem. Tried to get pushes going but wasn't working out and lost any chance to end mid game which made me thought it was over due to them having 4 carries and doing really well. Around 50 minute mark their bkbs weren't as effective and we tried to target them a bit better with some intelligent play at our other towers. Will have to watch the replay because it's still hard to believe that we won, check out that XP swing towards the end lol ->

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/932015855

Look at the huge gap in last hits and compare the total gold, there is no difference.

That's pretty crazy that you won that especially with the better end game they should have.

I haven't enjoyed a game of DOTA as much as this one from last night in a good while.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/931985708

Not to play my own trumpet or anything :p but kagshaker was in full flourish some unreal ultis by me & the Tide. Worth a watch if anyone likes looking at games with big combo team fights. We got 4/5 manned blackholed 3 times as well. Really was such a good game. Our Drow was awful but in the end she pulled through even with her awful build. First item Mjollinor on Drow? :confused:

I'm an awful earthshaker. I always seem to save enemy heroes with my fissure. Can only recall one game where I didn't completely suck.

Killstealing Carry support lich game went well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

I randomed TB a couple of days ago, died a couple times to techies mines, only 90 cs at 17 mins or so + 1 tower. Get another 200 in the next 20. This hero is... literally the easiest hero I've played, farming wise and the damage, LOL the damage. Say good bye to your towers.

Disruptor is such a troll hero. Last night, I started diving towers to glimpse enemy heroes just after they TP'd in at every opportunity I could get. I've seen it being done before, but always forgot about it before it was too late. The loss of gold/XP isn't the only bit - the enemy team always tried to focus me in teamfights because they hated me so much.

Disruptor is such a troll hero. Last night, I started diving towers to glimpse enemy heroes just after they TP'd in at every opportunity I could get. I've seen it being done before, but always forgot about it before it was too late. The loss of gold/XP isn't the only bit - the enemy team always tried to focus me in teamfights because they hated me so much.

Played Disrupter with Void last night. The combo ults along with Lich ult is fantastic to see a team wipe out when Void ult is done correctly.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/942849826

Came up against an ugly team initiation last night aswell - Luckily I was swinging like MAD. Laning phase with Axe is too much fun, you HAVE to go aggressive, no other way about it. http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/942721247

Played Disrupter with Void last night. The combo ults along with Lich ult is fantastic to see a team wipe out when Void ult is done correctly.
    Disruptor is also a fun counter to void too. Stand at the back, watch him initiate and glimpse him away again. Wasted valuable early game chrono :)

A badly played disruptor can also rightly feck things up. I (as SK) initiated with epicentre + blink + burrowstrike and promptly got nuked down, but the enemy disruptor glimpsed me back to the safety of my hiding spot at 10% health.

Got an ultra kill at Roshan as Techies last night, was ****ing hilarious. He's actually a lot of ****ing fun especially when they buy an early gem and you retrieve it :D

Only had one game as techies to date and I was awful. I was still 5-6 but offered very little to the game overall. He's my next daily hero and there will be a lot of flaming in my direction before I pass it.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Justice

check out this Youtube dota 2 short movie

one of the funniest ive seen. His Tidehunter movie is good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭KarmaBaby

Crystal Maiden feels OP to me in this patch. Not sure if any teams have been running her recently, but I think she'll be make a big return to the meta.

Annoying thing happened to me yesterday though. KOTL's mana leak drains crystal's mana and stuns her while she ultis. Not sure if its a bug or if she is considered to be moving while she ultis.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

CM OP? Hardly. She's well balanced if not slightly underbalanced due to the simple fact that fast mobility in 6.82 still wins you games.

Ogres the big man now :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

CM's just been picked up by VG in ESL One :P Let's see how this pans out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Justice

hey! we cant have a discussion about CM without me being involved.

im 8 wins out of 11 for cm in 6.82b
    i was 1 win out of 2 in 6.82

for the previous 16 games (in 6.81) my record was 9 wins in 16.
    suprisingly my small sample size confirms karma baby thoughts.
    thats how many cm games i played this month.

karma, doesnt kotl trigger a stun if all you mana is depleted, not if you move? your ult depeted the mana in that case, hence stun?

also saw DK pick up CM in a summit game vs speed gaming, wasnt watching it too much though.

Justice wrote: »
    karma, doesnt kotl trigger a stun if all you mana is depleted, not if you move? your ult depeted the mana in that case, hence stun?

Mana Leak is ONLY supposed to drain mana as you move. If you stand still you don't leak mana and cant get stunned. I would have thought that the code calculates the value of this by your change in position on the map and your movement speed. Since when Crystal Ultis, her position doesn't change I thought mana leak would be useless. But it does drain mana and stun her. So either this is a bug or it it is specifically coded to behave this way during certain channelled ultis.

KarmaBaby wrote: »
    Mana Leak is ONLY supposed to drain mana as you move. If you stand still you don't leak mana and cant get stunned. I would have thought that the code calculates the value of this by your change in position on the map and your movement speed. Since when Crystal Ultis, her position doesn't change I thought mana leak would be useless. But it does drain mana and stun her. So either this is a bug or it it is specifically coded to behave this way during certain channelled ultis.

Tooltip states "If the enemy loses all of its mana, it will be stunned.". Seems to be working fine to me.

Tooltip states "If the enemy loses all of its mana, it will be stunned.". Seems to be working fine to me.

And if I use a channelled ulti but still have mana in reserve, then KOTL attacks me with mana leak, what should happen?

KarmaBaby wrote: »
    And if I use a channelled ulti but still have mana in reserve, then KOTL attacks me with mana leak, what should happen?

I've just tested it there in a private lobby, Mana Leak did not drain mana while CM was channeling her ult, not sure what happened to you.

Had quite a feed on CM last night and won.... 14+ deaths..... I was so bored and tired. We were so far ahead but my feeding nearly brought them back in to it :D<3 feed

Anyone watch the EG vs Alliance series last night? Fantastic games.

Don't feel like CM is OP at all in the new patch. Team composition should dictate that. Omni is the most annoying f**ker at the moment I find.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Anyone watch the EG vs Alliance series last night? Fantastic games.

Unreal series. Been watching today as well but nothing can really live up to that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Advertisement