Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DotA 2 General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

After getting to 4.7k I've lost 6 games in a row. I'd blame myself for 2 of them due to tiredness and I was ****ing ****e mid but the rest were completely out of my hands!

I may be having an avalanche like Dreddy :p

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

Kunkka wrote: »
    After getting to 4.7k I've lost 6 games in a row. I'd blame myself for 2 of them due to tiredness and I was ****ing ****e mid but the rest were completely out of my hands!

ah its the worst "ok I've completely won my lane within 5 minutes.. oh and look the team are feeding and saying reported to each other. now to wait 30 minutes for the game to end."
    Im too old to f-around pretending that you can win a game so garbage time for me is just so irritating

BMMachine wrote: »
    ah its the worst "ok I've completely won my lane within 5 minutes.. oh and look the team are feeding and saying reported to each other. now to wait 30 minutes for the game to end."
    Im too old to f-around pretending that you can win a game so garbage time for me is just so irritating

The only thing is though the games you turn around in DOTA are why I play the game. It's some buzz to make a huge come back, that or a close game that is hanging on by one mistake waiting to happen.

The only thing is though the games you turn around in DOTA are why I play the game. It's some buzz to make a huge come back, that or a close game that is hanging on by one mistake waiting to happen.

oh its great I agree but 9 times out of 10 a game is just done in my experience. you can win despite one player, maybe two. but 3 or more is extremely hard, even if you are playing out of your skin and especially if they are making the game as hard as possible, which is quite often the case as most players are spiteful cnuts "HOW DARE THIS GUY TRY AND WIN HES SUCH A TRYHARD"

When in doubt, pick Doom :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 finny96

hi

When in doubt, pick Doom :)

I'm not allowed to play jungle in public games so have to lane him.. which then relies on making sure you aren't against a trilane or something :p
    offlane void now - theres a public game winner

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

finny96 wrote: »
    hi

hi

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

welcome to hell :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Just had a very enjoyable (for me), horribly one-sided Ability Draft match, I was the OD: http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/914097596

I'm assuming when I start with ranked MM that my meaningless win rate will take a nose dive?

• Advertisement

Just had a very enjoyable (for me), horribly one-sided Ability Draft match, I was the OD: http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/914097596

I'm assuming when I start with ranked MM that my meaningless win rate will take a nose dive?

what did you draft? some combos are absolute bonkers, especially when you get triggers that activate on spells and the like

BMMachine wrote: »
    what did you draft? some combos are absolute bonkers, especially when you get triggers that activate on spells and the like

Tidebringer, Essence Aura, Arcane Orb (is that the name? OD's autocast anyway) and Ball Lightning. Got Arcane boots then rushed Bloodstone, couldn't be killed then (apart from a suicide when they got close to killing me).

sounds sufficiently broken :p My favourite was going Earthshaker and getting his enchant totem, tusk ulti and tidebringer :p got a shadowblade and deadelus and walked around one shotting everyone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

That was quite the ass whooping.

I'm scared of ability draft. I always panic when I don't get the ulti I want during the picking and go for passives.

Enchant totem and PA's ulti when it procs can be very very funny. Big red numbers!

That was quite the ass whooping.

I'm scared of ability draft. I always panic when I don't get the ulti I want during the picking and go for passives.

I tend to leave the ult till last unless it fits into what i want to do. I much rather make heroes that strangle synergise than anything else. unless a big ridiculous combo in there :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Not ability draft, but I giggled remembering a fun combo myself and a friend did as tusk and lion. Once we reached 6, we started smoke roaming and snowballed + walrus punch + finger of death anybody we could find. Makes the enemy carries very sad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

New patch 6.82

New Rune, New rosh pit location, Chen can now control ancients (1 Ancient Creep per level of Hand of God) and my favorite TPs now cost 100gp.

grizzly wrote: »
    Chen can now control ancients (1 Ancient Creep per level of Hand of God)

only with scepter dude lol

grizzly wrote: »
    New patch 6.82

New Rune, New rosh pit location, Chen can now control ancients (1 Ancient Creep per level of Hand of God) and my favorite TPs now cost 100gp.

The changes to All Pick in ranked has me excited as I'm close to being able to calibrate for ranked, still wish Random Draft was a choice though. Can't wait for the patch, Tinker is getting hit pretty hard!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭the butcher

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Justice

theres lots to digest in 6.82.
    im liking the mechanics of damage simplification anfd interested in the new map layout.

overall im thinking:
    massive nerfs to bottle crowing, compensated by garanteed runes on both spots.
    powercreep (way more buffs than nerfs)
    tinker survives unnerfed (aside from damage rule change)

on a personal note i had a very suprising game yesterday:
    http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/917532855
    a 84 minute game (my previous record was 68 mins), where we were behind in every important statistic but still managed to win.
    they played for about 10 minutes against mega creeps before we were able to finish them.
    we were team wiped several times thoughout the game, but with everything pushed in we weren't punished when we failed to break their base.
    i suppose the answer is better team play from our team.

on another note, i gave into my inner nerd.
    I paid for dotabuff plus access. theres a lot of interesting statistical data made available. if i'd more time id go into it a bit more, but suffice to say if your really curious you can play a game with me and i'll give you your stats from the game. nerdy type stuff, but i like it.

Justice wrote: »

on another note, i gave into my inner nerd.
    I paid for dotabuff plus access. theres a lot of interesting statistical data made available. if i'd more time id go into it a bit more, but suffice to say if your really curious you can play a game with me and i'll give you your stats from the game. nerdy type stuff, but i like it.
    How useful do you find it? Also, I disagree with your summary of Tinker. He can no longer farm ancient stacks, dagon is same mana for each upgrade, ethereal blade no longer makes him immune to right clicks and I'm sure there are more I am forgetting.

How useful do you find it? Also, I disagree with your summary of Tinker. He can no longer farm ancient stacks, dagon is same mana for each upgrade, ethereal blade no longer makes him immune to right clicks and I'm sure there are more I am forgetting.

Yeah I think he has been nerfed due to this. He can still stack and get others to stack the jungle but the nerfs above hamper his ultra killing all the supports in quick succession.

Looking forward to the new patch, as I thought, T2 towers armor increased and gold for towers has decreased. Also like the fountain elevation.

The XP/Gold changes for kills ensures with a bit of clever play from the losing team, they can comeback into the fight with way more gold/levels. So plenty of chances to swing back into action. Also means if you were playing Dire Axe for example and having an hilarious time down Radiant bot, 11-1 up, you probably will need to be careful not to start doing stupid stuff like tower diving and giving away easy deaths, it will certainly bump up the struggling team.

Can't wait to try Bloodseeker, NP + Zeus :D

And also....I am SO SO glad that Rat Lancer will be gone forever, this match last night did my tree in. Keeper teleporting Lancer into different lanes, constantly split pushing. Our team would have to wait until all ults were up and then head straight to mid, holding tps in case we had to port back.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/918180045

tinker survives unnerfed (aside from damage rule change)

Tinker got destroyed dude. He can't ancient farm, you can push into march with BKB, dagon 5 costs 100 extra mana, he can't safely eblade > dagon combo someone and be ethereal for the rearm period, and blink is a bit more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Justice

As ever, I'm humbled by the wisdom on these boards, the beauty of dota is the synergy between builds and heroes and the complex web of interactions resulting from 5 v 5 matches.

Anyway you asked about dotabuff plus, ive selected some of the best bits and attached, but their is a lot more detail on a per match basis and as you can see it has some trend analysis features. im not sure i buy into all the statistics it calculates, but as shown above, could be my lack of understanding. You get the extra information on all games played during the period you are paying for, your matches prior to that show as normal.

i see it as an aid to my own analysis of my ability to change how i play the game, cause that's what i want to do. i watch alot of my replays as well, so to me this dotabuff plus is an extension of after match analysis that i do anyway.

As ever, I'm humbled by the wisdom on these boards, the beauty of dota is the synergy between builds and heroes and the complex web of interactions resulting from 5 v 5 matches.

Anyway you asked about dotabuff plus, ive selected some of the best bits and attached, but their is a lot more detail on a per match basis and as you can see it has some trend analysis features. im not sure i buy into all the statistics it calculates, but as shown above, could be my lack of understanding. You get the extra information on all games played during the period you are paying for, your matches prior to that show as normal.

i see it as an aid to my own analysis of my ability to change how i play the game, cause that's what i want to do. i watch alot of my replays as well, so to me this dotabuff plus is an extension of after match analysis that i do anyway.

Thanks man, it seems to be really useful for finding trends and looking at what exactly worked and what didn't. Replays already do this but it's presented very well on dotabuff it seems, still unlikely to get it myself though!

As for the analysis, I haven't played that much yet, but I find that watching replays of the games where I did awful and the games where I did well (except if the game was exceptionally unusual). Another thing I find useful is watching some of the streams, I'm a fan of Purge's streams (although he's not amazing at the game, he is a good teacher) and SingSing (He streams more often and at times I am able to watch him, but he doesn't take the games he streams very seriously, I have heard he's kind of a tryhard when he plays solo though).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

The XP and gold swings are a bit much I think, there's also no point in repeatedly ganking a single hero since he can make it up so fast with a kill early game. It seems like ganking a lane once to get a laning advantage followed by farming an incremental advantage is better than a somewhat risky gank. This isn't helped by lower TP cost. SF feels clunky as hell, the front swing animation feels tighter but with the same BAT as before, the razes feel awful though. I might not have tested it enough but the old click in direction -> stop into raze feels bad and somewhat unreliable.

Also, RIP dear tinker. I'll miss playing you in pubs and relentlessly hunting you down in pubs with storm/ember.

On the other hand LC and TB in CM. Ogre buffs, :D. That hero was already so good.

• Advertisement

played last night to see the patch. went riki.... hilarious.

Advertisement