Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snapshot of your story - FM 12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

dulpit wrote: »
    Unlucky... Next season...

Yeah, hopefully. I went further than I thought I would.

My players values are increasing with each European outing.

Mad to think I got this fella on a free! :D

247643_10152173680170307_844058354_n.jpg

His release clause is 6.5 million and wouldn't be surprised if someone met the valuation.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,287 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Just finished the cup semi-final replay.

We were 2-0 down until 76th minute, got 2 goals in 3 minutes, 2-2 at full time. Extra time started brightly and we managed to get a goal in the 2nd minute of injury time of first half of extra time, so 3-2 us. In 114th minute of game they tied game up, final score 3-3.

Lost of penalties. To Shamrock Rovers. For second time this season (both cups).

fffuuu.jpg

1st November:
    Bohemians 1:2 Shamrock Rovers
    Monaghan Utd 0:3 St. Pat's Athletic

4 games left each, table is as follows:
    Shamrock Rovers: 40 games played, 95 points
    St. Pat's Athletic: 40 games played, 88 points

Need them to drop a few more points, don't think it'll happen in the next 4 games though (they need to lose at least 2 games for a realistic chance)

4th November:
    Longford 0:3 St. Pat's Athletic
    Sligo Rovers 2:2 Shamrock Rovers

3 games left each, table is as follows:
    Shamrock Rovers: 41 games played, 96 points
    St. Pat's Athletic: 41 games played, 91 points

Sligo got a goal in the 90th minute, maybe there's still a chance? Also, if I win out I'll finish with 100 points... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Mars Bar wrote: »
    What's your stadium and facilities like? I upgraded my facilities and ended up with 3 gold stars for training and I think that helped quite a bit.

Stadium: 5625 (250 seated :() Planned expansion of 2375 seats woo-f**kin-hoo

5 Star (Top) training facilties and Good youth facilities - both being expanded at present

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

2011, I lost LOI on last day, almost broke the mirrors and a walll!....hmm I took a deepth breth and waited for fm 2013 soon!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭MooShop

I have just started a career, unemployed. I got a job in February with Blue Square North side Droylsden. Their media prediction was sixth but currently languishing in 11th. I have 2,000 in my transfer budget but my wage budget is in the red, think it's about 800 pound from what I remember (currently at work!)

I drew my first game 0-0 to Gainsborough who were in sixth. Just played a flat 4-4-2. I want to sort out my tactics though, so that's the reason I'm posting. I hope someone can suggest some good tactics to use. My squad is bare bones, best striker is out injured. Really short on wingers, especially for the left, have nobody for that position.

It's my first time back playing in a long time so any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. I can put up screen shots later when I get home, if needed. And I will keep the thread up to date with what's happening!

Mc Love wrote: »
    Stadium: 5625 (250 seated :() Planned expansion of 2375 seats woo-f**kin-hoo

5 Star (Top) training facilties and Good youth facilities - both being expanded at present

I'd say it's the capacity that's the problem.

Are all your players full time?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

I've had a game going since the release last November which I have to say has been one of the best games I've ever started. I've been in it so long I've seen young regens come through the system , make it big , fade away and retire.

I started at Everton , spent two seasons there getting a champions leauge spot , then Fergie retired and I went for the Utd job. Reshaped the team over the next 5 seasons , winning every honour there was and then made my move to Real Madrid , plenty of great young world beaters came through and I spent several seasons with them.

I wanted to make it a hat trick of differant league titles so I set my sights on Germany next and Borrusia Dortmund as the years hadn't been kind to them , their once profound system of young players had no become a stagnent system of old farts and they were barely finishing 12'th when I took over. I was looking forward to this one, financially they were ok , not grear. First I wanted to just finish the season as well as we could with what we had available, which wasn't much but we finished 8'th just missing out on the European spot , not a bad thing as I didn't have a large enough squad to deal with it right then. In the summer I started clearing out the useless players and bringing in some younger ones , some from Madrid and Utd that didn't quite make my earlier teams but going on the cheap I could use them now.

One of these was a regen I bought from Dortmund Talgat Ibraev who didn't quite work out for me at Madrid , but he was only 20 and I still felt he was a possible gem so I brought him back to his home club BVB for 5 million , I also bought a CB from Nigeria for 250k and a young English striker that Aresenal were throwing out for 1.5 million. These will turn out to be the best moves I have ever made. The core of this team was now in place and I could start to plan tactically.

I always like to play possession at home so I set up a 4-2-3-1 , short passing game , high pressure. Away I set up narrow 4-1-2-1-2 , Direct play through the centre at a quick tempo. This allows me to alter thing's quickly if one system is not working for a particular game. These tactics were to prove hugely successfull.

1'st season we finished 7'th place , then 3'rd , then 1'st , 1'st , 1'st. German cup , super cup , UEFA cup all in there but I'm still waiting on the champions league with this squad having won it at Utd and Madrid. That man Ibraev is now in his prime and runs the team , he is a goal and assist machine , Essam as well 6'7 , his power and finishing are insane.

Which leads me to a more morbid note. I love this game , I have done since I was 12 years old but I think this season will be my last with Dortmund andi hopfully will have a champions league involved. Then I will retire from the game and from FM. This year I spend 74 days (In game) playing and as much as I enjoyed it I think my time with it has come to an end. This years release also coincides with the due date of my first baby 2'nd November I think it's a sign that my tenure is at an end!...so lets finish this season on a high!BVB!

I'd say it's the capacity that's the problem.

Are all your players full time?

Yep for the last few seasons. Played first leg in the First knockout round in Europa last night and beat 2nd placed la Liga side Getafe 2-0 away! Hopefully get through the next leg at home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,483 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

550866_10152162435125307_1564176666_n.jpg

:eek:

There was no indication of it happening!

Getting 3.9m for a ground they don't own is some stroke :Dhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waterford_Regional_Sports_Centre

Getting 3.9m for a ground they don't own is some stroke :Dhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waterford_Regional_Sports_Centre

Ahaha! I didn't know that. I'll take it though! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

haha, love the way the following comment is so blunt:
    when a crowd of 8,500 paid in to see Waterford lose to Shelbourne 2-1.

Mad to think I got this fella on a free! :D

[PIC]

His release clause is 6.5 million and wouldn't be surprised if someone met the valuation.

And there we have it. An 8 million euro bid from Basel.

2.2 up front, 5.75 over 18 months and 15% of sell on profit.

Moved up to 33rd in Europe! :eek: An increase of 53 places!

It also means the league will have two teams entering the Champions League! Great for the league!

7th November:
    Shamrock Rovers 0:1 Monaghan United
    St. Pat's Athletic 3:0 Cork City

2 games left each, table is as follows:
    Shamrock Rovers: 42 games played, 96 points
    St. Pat's Athletic: 42 games played, 94 points

Squeaky Bum Time! We have to play Cork City at home and Sligo away, Rovers have to play Monaghan (again) at home and Cork City away to end season... Fingers crossed they slip up!

Good luck Dulpit!

9th November:
    Shamrock Rovers 2:0 Monaghan United
    St. Pat's Athletic 2:0 Cork City

Shamrock Rovers: 43 games played, 99 points
    St. Pat's Athletic: 43 games played, 97 points

:eek:

12th November:
    Cork City 0:4 Shamrock Rovers
    Sligo Rovers 3:0 St. Pat's Athletic

Shamrock Rovers: 44 games played, 102 points
    St. Pat's Athletic: 44 games played, 97 points

Damn :(

:( Hard luck dulpit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,174 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Been a while since I updated my SC Victoria game as I haven't been playing much. I finished off the next season after my last update and once again I finished second to Bayern, the bastards. Carlos Fierro is just too good against me.

My main striker, who is quickly becoming a club legend, was expected to leave. But I managed to negotiate a new contract down from the €75k per week he wanted to €32k, which is fantastic.

I also asked the board for a new stadium and unbelievably they accepted. After all I have done for them, getting promotion to the Bundesliga from the 5th division, they didn't even name it after me. It seems a bit expensive at almost €50m for a 23k seater stadium too!

224651.png

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Been a while since I updated my SC Victoria game as I haven't been playing much. I finished off the next season after my last update and once again I finished second to Bayern, the bastards. Carlos Fierro is just too good against me.

My main striker, who is quickly becoming a club legend, was expected to leave. But I managed to negotiate a new contract down from the €75k per week he wanted to €32k, which is fantastic.

I also asked the board for a new stadium and unbelievably they accepted. After all I have done for them, getting promotion to the Bundesliga from the 5th division, they didn't even name it after me. It seems a bit expensive at almost €50m for a 23k seater stadium too!

224651.png
    Maybe they have to buy a site too

It also means the league will have two teams entering the Champions League! Great for the league!
    You only have that now? I got that at the end of last season yet still behind rovers in reputation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Stopped playing FM about 6 months ago because I was getting pretty bored of it.

But reading everyones stories of the League of Ireland brought back memories of my Kildare County game :pac:

Don't think I'll be able to stop myself buying 2013 now :pac:

Signed Stephen Ireland on a free transfer :pac:, going to make one massive push for the league this year, and will also need to spend a good bit of time chucking my unneeded players to the wayside, they're costing me wages...

Will be upgrading my PC at end of month with Windows 8/etc, and will be getting FM 2013 shortly afterwards, so will be hoping to win LOI before this...

Just knocked out of Europa League Qtr final by AC Milan. The score was 5-2 at San Siro and the return leg was 1-0 to us so we lost 5-3. Have to be pleased with the 2nd leg :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

I'm finding good Irish players hard to come by now. In 2016 and the majority of my Harps team are foreigners because they are easier to pick up. Would like to buy more Irish though as I'm having to include a good few u-19's in my European squad because of the homegrown rule. Anyone else having the same problems?

On another note I'm finally getting an upper hand on Shamrock Rovers. Sitting top of the league and into the Europa League 4th Qualifying Round. Playing Stade Rennais next :(

get your youth facilities up to a good standard and get better youth recruitment, you can get a few good ones coming through the ranks! Not enough though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Mc Love wrote: »
    get your youth facilities up to a good standard and get better youth recruitment, you can get a few good ones coming through the ranks! Not enough though

My 19's are terrible. Getting whipped nearly all the time and not one of them is even close to being good enough for my senior team. How do I go about getting better young players in? Just upgrade the youth facilities?

• Advertisement

I've had the same problem. I've regularly gone into Europe with 17 players! Pain in the arse so it is.

Advertisement