Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gays want to take over the rest of Society?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Also, it's amazing to me that people who hate those who are different use the term "liberal" as if it's some sort of derogetory term.

Being liberal is being open to new experiences, new points of view, being open minded and not just adhering to everything just because people have done it that way in the past because they've been told to. Being liberal is being free from bigotry.

Since when is that a bad thing?

That comes from right wing media. Its like the new communist.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

One-sided offence-taking?

Basically what i'm saying is:
    If this was conservative offence-taking, the OP would be reflexively admonished to change the channel/stop reading.

Why can't all offence-taking be treated equally :pac::P

I think you may have missed the humour in my post :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Dudess wrote: »
    Oh you're the "I'm not homophobic but" guy...

im not homophobic at all, I have no problem with somebody being gay either man or woman , I have a problem with homosexual people mimicing traditional gender roles to the extreme to express their sexuality. Its done by a minority of the gay community and even gay people hate them , its the woman skulling pints with a shaved head dressed like a truckdriver or the lad wearing a cardigan and carrying a handbag calling everyone fabulous I have a problem with , there are straight people like this too, just happens to be a coincidence that most of the time these people are gay and give everyone a bad view of the gay community , saying they should be treated the same is like saying OJ Simpson or the criminals in compton are representative of all black people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Ok.

So other than "Well, it's the norm", can you tell me any other reason you don't agree with gay marriage or adoption? Or is that it?

Its what i view as the norm. Its my opinion on what a family should be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

You just dont believe in equal rights? who cares what sex the parents are? ive seen more harmful "normal" family units than LBGT ones.

Indeed. There is no doubt that children of gay couples could possibly receive more loving care and attention than in a relationship where the child is being bounced off the four walls, be it by hetero or homosexual couples.

But what of balance? Two Mams? Two Dads? It is a very hard road to chose - particularly for the child.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Jess16

Sindo journalists generally lack the basic writing skills to sell newspapers on merit so they resort to courting controversy instead. A tabloid in all but name essentially

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

im not homophobic at all, I have no problem with somebody being gay either man or woman , I have a problem with homosexual people mimicing traditional gender roles to the extreme to express their sexuality. Its done by a minority of the gay community and even gay people hate them , its the woman skulling pints with a shaved head dressed like a truckdriver or the lad wearing a cardigan and carrying a handbag calling everyone fabulous I have a problem with , there are straight people like this too, just happens to be a coincidence that most of the time these people are gay and give everyone a bad view of the gay community , saying they should be treated the same is like saying OJ Simpson or the criminals in compton are representative of all black people

Comparing butch women and camp guys to criminals ?

i fail to see your point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

In fairness, woodoo sees the desirable family unit as one with father and mother, which isn't such a terrible view.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Newsite

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    Ignorant man but I dont get how people are shocked by this. Ireland can be a pretty homophobic country. Sure it wasnt decriminalised till 1993.

Why is expressing an opinion against anything gay immediately 'homophobic'? Do you know what 'homophobic' actually means, and do you know if the journalist is homophobic?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Freddie59 wrote: »
    Thank you. You've just proven my point.:) You actually couldn't resist that little dig at God (no doubt due to my sig) - the same God that many people believe in and pray to.

Wow, I didn't actually see your sig. You really ARE paranoid aren't you?

I think the 'Gay Pride' thing is pretty simple - except for some.:rolleyes: You say that the whole gay thing is normal in these times. If so, why do you have to have a parade about it?:confused: And as for heterosexual pride parades every other day? WTF? Really? Has it come to this?

I asked you to elaborate. You haven't. You are losing any small part of credability you had when you entered this conversation. Please elaborate, back yourself up. if you can of course.
    As for people being 'out of touch', again this is because you don't agree with their outlook on it. And you choose to call ME paranoid?:p

Nope, this is not because of my disagreement. it's because unless they've been living under a rock, how could they possibly be "shocked" that gay people exist. are the also shocked that black people are no longer slaves in the US?

• Advertisement

Dudess wrote: »
    In fairness, woodoo sees the desirable family unit as one with father and mother, which isn't such a terrible view.

Indeed. But ANY two parent family (straight or gay) can malfunction. It is the nature of child-rearing. There seems to be rose-tinted glasses worn by some posters here (and before you start that's not aimed at you!).

Spunge wrote: »
    Comparing butch women and camp guys to criminals ?

i fail to see your point.

im saying their the element of a group bringing the impression of the group down ,

black gangs and criminals have kept the fox news fire of low opinions of black people for years and flamboyant gays are doing the exact same thing , their just helping the catholic church, biased media and the barstool representatives of the country to continue the abuse against the gay community

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Teclo wrote: »
    Whine, whine, whine. The reaction here just proves what he was getting at... the gay political agenda of warning people 'if you don't believe what we believe you have no right to express your opinion'.

People have the right to call out stupidity, a basic human right.
    Lavezzi wrote: »
    Completely agree with most of the article. If liberals could take off their PC specs, they'd be able to clearly see that homosexuality is abnormal; it's an environmental disorder. Under 20 years ago homosexuality was illegal in Ireland, but now we're having homosexual presidential candidates?? Talk about tipping the scale. I'm not saying homosexuality is debilitating in the same way as other mental illnesses are. But how can we stand opposed to political corruption and then consider electing someone whose fundamental psychology is corrupted? Gays deserve equal rights as much as any other regular person does. But such a position should be closed to them without question. We need those in the lime-light to set a moral example to others. 'Normalizing' it just adversely affects vulnerable young minds.

Also, to even question whether gays should be allowed to adopt is sick and shows how brainwashed and morally corrupted the Irish liberals truly are.

To paraphrase the old quote, Homosexuality used to be punished by imprisonment, then they reduced it to flogging, then they legalised it, then they wanted equal rights, now they want the Presidency. I'm getting out before they make it legal.

That's the logic there.
    Thank you. You've just proven my point.:) You actually couldn't resist that little dig at God (no doubt due to my sig) - the same God that many people believe in and pray to.

I think the 'Gay Pride' thing is pretty simple - except for some.:rolleyes: You say that the whole gay thing is normal in these times. If so, why do you have to have a parade about it?:confused: And as for heterosexual pride parades every other day? WTF? Really? Has it come to this?

As for people being 'out of touch', again this is because you don't agree with their outlook on it. And you choose to call ME paranoid?:p

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

woodoo wrote: »
    Its what i view as the norm. Its my opinion on what a family should be.

Ok. Care to explain why you think the family should be this way exclusively?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

im saying their the element of a group bringing the impression of the group down ,

black gangs and criminals have kept the fox news fire of low opinions of black people for years and flamboyant gays are doing the exact same thing , their just helping the catholic church, biased media and the barstool representatives of the country to continue the abuse against the gay community

Clearly there is something ethically wrong with criminals. They are causing harm to others. What exactly are effeminate men or masculine women doing that is wrong ?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

But what of balance? Two Mams? Two Dads? It is a very hard road to chose - particularly for the child.

People shouldn't really look at 'Mams' and 'Dads' as entities which instill two different and separate sets of values in a child. The overall influence that functional parents instill in their kids has nothing to do with gender. It's about stability and ethics, which can be passed on from parent to child regardless of the gender of the parent.

Wow, I didn't actually see your sig. You really ARE paranoid aren't you?
    of course you didn't..........:D

I asked you to elaborate. You haven't. You are losing any small part of credability you had when you entered this conversation. Please elaborate, back yourself up. if you can of course.

How much more elaboration do you require? Or are you really that blinkered?:confused:
    Nope, this is not because of my disagreement. it's because unless they've been living under a rock, how could they possibly be "shocked" that gay people exist. are the also shocked that black people are no longer slaves in the US?

Read my post. People aren't 'shocked' as you put it. They simply don't agree with it. As is their right.

What?

Spunge wrote: »
    Clearly there is something ethically wrong with criminals. They are causing harm to others. What exactly are effeminate men or masculine women doing that is wrong ?

well to start with their hurting the ability for ireland and the world as a whole to accept gay people.

that and they ruin nights out for countless people, theyre always the loudest most annoying people shouting all the way accross a smoking area or pub , basically being assholes in an attempt to be noticed by everyone, then theyre the first ones to call joe duffy when some lad gets fed up and smacks them

your born gay , being a queen is a choice, and one i wish nobody would make

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭CageWager

I dont get why people care what goes on in people's sex lives as if it affects their abilities in other areas. Like taking it up the arse makes you unfit to be presidant for some reason?

if we only know the half of what kinky **** goes on in the bedrooms of some really clean cut politicians we'd be shocked.. its like those "cure the gays" preachers from the states who curse homosexuality and then it turns out they're riding 13 year old boys on the QT..

at the end out the day, ive been raised in a society where we're programmed to think normality for the family is a mother and father but all the scumbags/rapists/murderers/ etc we have to put up with in society came from a mother and a father originally... with so many kids in the world totally fcuked without even 1 loving parent, isnt it better to let 2 lads (or girls) who are in a happy loving relationship have a crack at raising them than just leaving them unloved and unhappy, probally emotionally stunted and fcuked for life?

• Advertisement

People shouldn't really look at 'Mams' and 'Dads' as entities which instill two different and separate sets of values in a child. The overall influence that functional parents instill in their kids has nothing to do with gender. It's about stability and ethics, which can be passed on from parent to child regardless of the gender of the parent.

I wouldn't agree. Having reared three children, I would feel strongly that a gender balance HAS to be achieved. Do you have children yourself?

Yes there are instances where only on gender is left when one partner dies. And i can tell you for a fact that the remaining partner would testify to this (my own late brother died at 42 and I have often had this conversation with his widow, who has done a magnificent job of rearing her children).

What?

What don't you understand now?:confused:

Ok. Care to explain why you think the family should be this way exclusively?

Care to explain why it shouldn't?

Newsite wrote: »
    Why is expressing an opinion against anything gay immediately 'homophobic'? Do you know what 'homophobic' actually means, and do you know if the journalist is homophobic?
    Yes I know what homophobic means. It was a homophobic article because it made negative generalisations about an entire section of the population.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Having reared three children, I would feel strongly that a fender balance HAS to be achieved.

Prefer a Gibson myself.

How much more elaboration do you require? Or are you really that blinkered?:confused:

Well, any would be nice. So far you haven't given ANY reasons. You've just said you don't agree but not why.

Read my post. People aren't 'shocked' as you put it. They simply don't agree with it. As is their right.

As I put it? I think you'll find it was you who said shocked.

This is life people. Others are entitled to an opinin. Many people - believe it or not - are indeed shocked by the behaviour of many LGBT people.

If the rest of a conversation with you will be like this, I don't think I should waste my time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

well to start with their hurting the ability for ireland and the world as a whole to accept gay people.

that and they ruin nights out for countless people, theyre always the loudest most annoying people shouting all the way accross a smoking area or pub , basically being assholes in an attempt to be noticed by everyone, then theyre the first ones to call joe duffy when some lad gets fed up and smacks them

I can understand you disliking OTT campness, fair enough.

But the idea that camp gay men ruin nights out for people is a strange one. unless your night out happens to be a gay bar, in which case it's your fault, not theirs.Can't say it's ever happened to me in any pub I've been in anyway! No one should EVER be going around smacking other people either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

Wouldn't things be a bit boring if we made everyone rigidly fit into defined social norms? The fabulous darlings may aggrieve you, but I'm sure they amuse others, and at the least themselves. Vive le difference.

I get you point Eric and I wouldnt say its homophobic.

• Advertisement

Care to explain why it shouldn't?

Seriously? You seriously need me to tell you why people should be treated equally?

Seriously? I will if you really want but I want to know if this is a serious question!

Advertisement