Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gays want to take over the rest of Society?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,166 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

woodoo wrote: »
    Not being natural.

Amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Not being natural.

Expand please, i am merely curious and neither trying to change your mind or belittle a point. I'm just having a hard time fully understanding the point you are trying to make between the obvious limitations on the procreational act and the reason for hoisting these limitations on the possibility of the child having a caring home.

I just find it interesting that people would rather see a child homeless through tragedy when the opportunity is there to have them living in a loving and caring environment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    My nephew is 12. He doesnt have any problems with gay people and certainly never said he was repulsed by a gay person or any other human for that matter. Maybe its the way he was raised.

No not the way he is raised. Never a homophobic word has come out of my mouth. And i have never discussed gay marriage and gay adoption with my 12 year old son.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Squall19

Yeah.. in a social housing estate with no income to support them! :rolleyes:

Money huh, who cares.

At least its nature

Two loved up guys holding a new born, sorry but that's just wrong.

Poor child, imagine growing up like that:o

Parent teacher day, who's mammy?

Imagine the embarrassment for that poor child.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Gorteenman

No not the way he is raised. Never a homophobic word has come out of my mouth. And i have never discussed gay marriage and gay adoption with my 12 year old son.

Why not?? Is it such an alien concept?/

• Advertisement

Squall19 wrote: »
    ]Imagine the embarrassment for that poor child.

Indeed, better to have the child in an orphanage or some large and impersonal care home.

Money huh, who cares.

At least its nature

Gay people are nature too you know. Do you think they were created in some lab?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Money huh, who cares.

At least its nature

What embarrassment?

Money huh, who cares.

At least its nature

Also, is that the best argument you've got? Parent teacher day? it's pretty poor!

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Some people don't seem to realise that gay people were created inside nature the same way they were.

But seriously, this guy has put absolutely no thinking into his views and opinions. He just thinks this way because he always has. he has at no point given any reason as to why he believes what he does.

I seriously think there's no point addressing him anymore.

Yeah invalidate anyone who doesn't agree with you. Where have we seen that before. I've given you my reasons. And its not just because things have always been like that. I prefer male and female influence raising a child under the one roof. I'm amazed i have to justify believing in the nuclear family.

You continue on wishing the world was a fairly-tail or even a fair place. Its not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Money huh, who cares.

At least its nature

there was a time, not so many years ago when children born out of wedlock were considered in exactly the same way

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

I wasnt talking about your kid. I was talking about my nephew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Squall19

What embarrassment?

Would you like to be that child?

Would you like to swap your mother for a man?

Yeah invalidate anyone who doesn't agree with you. Where have we seen that before. I've given you my reasons. And its not just because things have always been like that. I prefer male and female influence raising a child under the one roof. I'm amazed i have to justify believing in the nuclear family.

You continue on wishing the world was a fairly-tail or even a fair place. Its not.

Can you please expand upon your personal view on the divide between natural and unnatural and why the limitations of species procreation should be applied to the care of the resultant children?

I'd really like to learn more about this view.

No you havent! You blankly refused to tell me the reasons behind your opinions earlier in the thread.

You have shown NO critical thinking at all.

I believe in the nuclear family too. But I also believe gay couples can be a family too. You don't but refuse to explain why.

THis is because you HAVE no opinion. You don't seem to be able to think for yourself. it's sad really.

Ah, so now you are saying that it's not fair that gay couples should be able to adopt? We're making a breakthrough.

People can be fair. People can see what is right and wrong because they can make reasoned decisions.

Other people can not and end up having opinions based on clichés and worn out rhetoric... like yourself really.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Gorteenman

Don't think your arguments have beem invalidated by anyone but have you ever met someone raised by 2 men or 2 women? Is a single parent a better option? Single parenthood is part of the norm for a lot of people in this country and you don't read a lot any more about how awful this is!! It really isn't so awful to be raised by two people of any gender who want a child so much they would do anything to have one...Just Saying!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Can you please expand upon your personal view on the divide between natural and unnatural and why the limitations of species procreation should be applied to the care of the resultant children?

He can't. He hasn't thought it through.

Dude, he will refuse. he continues to do so.

He believes what he does but doesn't know why other than "the nuclear family is natural" and other worn out non arguments.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I wouldn't be ashamed of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I was that child, except I was raised by two women.

I was never embarrassed about it, my friends growing up didn't care.

I was raised by two parents who loved me and took care for me, provided me for me and treated me exactly the same as my cousin was treated by his straight parents.

Problem?

• Advertisement

Sonics2k wrote: »

I was raised by two parents who loved me and took care for me, provided me for me and treated me exactly the same as my cousin was treated by his straight parents.

Problem?

But but but but but............................

What about Parent Teacher Day? How did they know who was mammy and who was daddy? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Problem?

Yeh, but did the crippling shame of parent teacher meetings not make you want to ditch your loving parents for a "normal" couple?

Do kids even attend parent teacher meetings? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Money huh, who cares.

At least its nature

Banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Yeh, but did the crippling shame of parent teacher meetings not make you want to ditch your loving parents for a "normal" couple?

Oh yeah totally.

Back in the 90's we a "Dial a parent" system where they send around temporary parent's do for such events.

Ah who am I kidding, like most other kids I avoided parent/teacher meeting with all the effort I could muster!

LeixlipRed wrote: »

Only when you're a master of disguise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Oh yeah totally.

Back in the 90's we a "Dial a parent" system where they send around temporary parent's do for such events.

Ah who am I kidding, like most other kids I avoided parent/teacher meeting with all the effort I could muster!

Yeh, feel for you. Can't imagine how your teacher must have felt being faced with two mothers. I'm sure the teacher probably beat you in class and made you say ten decades of the rosary for being a freak. You know, cause it's unnatural.

No Mr Muffins i mean not fair as in you can't always get what you want in life.

BTW is there any countries that have successfully brought in Gay Marriage and Adoption. Is it working?

paddyandy wrote: »
    Not everything in life lends itself to MERE words.....More like put this around your neck 'till i hang you for arguing with my wonderfully updated media approved latest enlightened social tripwire of an idea.The Latest in PC click slick talk.

No Mr Muffins i mean not fair as in you can't always get what you want in life.

BTW is there any countries that have successfully brought in Gay Marriage and Adoption. Is it working?

Jesus!!

So you've been talking all this rubbish without having a clue what you're on about? Why am I not surprised?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_adoption#Legal_status_around_the_world

• Advertisement

Money huh, who cares.

At least its nature

Banned for this post??? I can't see anything in this post that breaks the AH charter.

Just proves that if you are on the wrong side of the argument your finished. Nice health debate :rolleyes:

Advertisement