Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gays want to take over the rest of Society?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

woodoo wrote: »
    He doesn't agree with gay marriage or gay adoption and there are alot of people out there that agree with him.

Yup and his arguments for these 2 points are just as flawed and downright stupid as everyone elses!

Ellis Dee wrote: »
    Some of the homophobes on here will have to change their tune when the Gaystapo comes knocking on their door.:D:D:D:D

You might not agree with their gaystapo agenda....... but they look FAAAAABulous in those leather suits!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I think the tagline does a good job on summing it up tbh
    "Increasingly, it seems as if the homosexual community has forgotten that it is the minority"

Tomorrow in the Irish Independent
    "WOMEN:Know your place!"

I think the tagline does a good job on summing it up tbh
    "Increasingly, it seems as if the homosexual community has forgotten that it is the minority"

Didn't the last census show that men are actually in the minority in Ireland now?

Next men will be wanting to be able to pilot planes and vote and such!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

As a card carrying **** wit what do you expect me to do?
    I dunno. Get on with your life when stuff doesn't affect you?
    So we need special liberal laws
    What's special and liberal about them?
    so gays can **** more
    Gays want the same rights as hetero people - let them to it. No skin off my nose. And how is it that they want the right to **** more?
    travellers can do well what they do so
    Who suggested that?
    Protestants can have more schools than Catholics
    Who suggested that?
    I think its obvious there is a serious case for making Polish the national language maybe we can have polskiachts with special massage parlours open 24-7 and protestant schools and open fist boxing arenas and **** it lets set up a stoneing arena for Nigerian muslims as well.
    Who suggested that? Putting words into people's mouths and making up stuff they didn't say doesn't do much for your argument. Just because non homophobic folks don't get affected by gay people having the same rights as hetero people, doesn't mean they want all these mythical "liberal" scenarios to be honoured.
    Ellis Dee wrote: »
    Some of the homophobes on here will have to change their tune when the Gaystapo comes knocking on their door.:D:D:D:D
    "House does not contain obligatory amount of feather boas - court summons"...

• Advertisement

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Didn't the last census show that men are actually in the minority in Ireland now?

Next men will be wanting to be able to pilot planes and vote and such!

Hey, more variety for us, screw the planes

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭average hero

Good evening all.

I would like to stir up some debate here if allowed. If I get accused of being a homophobe, or anti-homosexual once, I'm leaving the thread because I am anti-discrimination, whatever it may be.

With regards to gay adoption, why do homosexual people believe that they should be allowed to adopt? I ask this because, rightly or wrongly, it contradicts natures law of having a maternal and paternal figure in the child's life. It MAY (I don't know) impact negatively on the child's life.

If two gay men adopt a child, what would be the difference of two male best friends who have been best friends since childhood, and live together, but are heterosexual adopting a child?

Please keep responses discrimination free.

So we need special liberal laws so gays can **** more, travellers can do well what they do so ,Protestants can have more schools than Catholics I think its obvious there is a serious case for making Polish the national language maybe we can have polskiachts with special massage parlours open 24-7 and protestant schools and open fist boxing arenas and **** it lets set up a stoneing arena for Nigerian muslims as well.Tell me.as apoor **** wit woould u be happy with that

This post makes the article in the OP look like it was written by Stephen Fry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

So we need special liberal laws so gays can **** more, travellers can do well what they do so ,Protestants can have more schools than Catholics I think its obvious there is a serious case for making Polish the national language maybe we can have polskiachts with special massage parlours open 24-7 and protestant schools and open fist boxing arenas and **** it lets set up a stoneing arena for Nigerian muslims as well.Tell me.as apoor **** wit woould u be happy with that

I can see it now, little passarellaie on his first day at school. He drops his lunch box on the ground, he bends over to pick it up and notices a shadow looming over him. Assuming it's some kind stranger come to his aid, he looks up with an innocent smile on his face. That's when the Polish Nigerian Liberal Muslim who lives with travellers and attends the local protestant school said, "Ha Ha". And he hated them all ever since :(

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me to see that in the Indo. Absolute rag, and this piece of homophobic and biphobic crap further confirms that. Also, David Quinn retweeted a link to this article today, and if he's recommending that people read something then it's generally not worth a ****e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

heres a hard lesson , facts, real stories or lighthearted things that everyone agrees with dont sell papers, bullshít articles like this sells papers
    Ah I know that. You need to feed the mob what they're hungry for! But in fairness, besides the content I didn't find it a particularly well written article.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭4leto

The article is a big generalisation and totally flawed.

It has to be realised gay rights in itself is new, in Ireland its very new it was only decriminalised in 1993. As with women's rights and minority rights you will always get the cro magnum pining about the good ould days when everything was fine but now they are taking over.

My experience with gay people (of course not all) they tend to be intelligent, well educated, they work hard and play very hard so if society was truly equal we should see a lot more of them in higher positions. I think we are now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Good evening all.

I would like to stir up some debate here if allowed. If I get accused of being a homophobe, or anti-homosexual once, I'm leaving the thread because I am anti-discrimination, whatever it may be.

With regards to gay adoption, why do homosexual people believe that they should be allowed to adopt? I ask this because, rightly or wrongly, it contradicts natures law of having a maternal and paternal figure in the child's life. It MAY (I don't know) impact negatively on the child's life.

If two gay men adopt a child, what would be the difference of two male best friends who have been best friends since childhood, and live together, but are heterosexual adopting a child?

Biology has little to do with raising a a child.

For example, and as I've said before. I was raised by two women, I led a perfectly normal life and I treat them both as my mothers. I'm now in my late 20s, have two children of my own and for the most part, very happy with my life.

I've made quite a few friends over the years who were raised by gay parents, and are no more screwed up than my friends who were raised by straight parents.

edit:
    Marriage should not be restricted to specifically two straight people.
    If a gay couple, who are in love and wish to legalize their marriage, with full inheritance rights given to us straight people, I see no reason not to allow Gay Marriage.
    The problem in Ireland is that a lot of us associate Marriage with religion, whilst a lot of is also basic legal rights and so on.

Gay adoption is no different to straight adoption. A couple who may not be biologically capable of having a child, which is still common in straight couples, would want to adopt a child and raise it in a loving home.
    It's either that or they grow up in an Orphanage, and never have the "feeling" of family that so many of us take for granted.

You're making the silly mistake of humanising nature. It's not Nature's "Law" at all. If that were the case then we shouldn't be doing anything. Nature didn't intend for us to travel in cars, for us to be able to fight diseases and ailments, to be able to communicate through signals in the air across the entire world, nature didn't intend for us to do anything because we exist as a series of mutations.

What we DO have is civilisation and society. Why you think one of a two parent household needs to have a vagina is beyond me.

There's a massive difference. The same difference there would be between a male and female set of best friends trying to adopt a child. If you need this to be explained to you then you shouldn't be starting such debates :rolleyes:

Better for a kid to be raised in a loving, stable home by two people of the same gender rathern than to be abused/neglected by two people of the opposite gender, and in and out of care homes.

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me to see that in the Indo. Absolute rag, and this piece of homophobic and biphobic crap further confirms that. Also, David Quinn retweeted a link to this article today, and if he's recommending that people read something then it's generally not worth a ****e.

Well seeing as he has written for the Irish Daily Mail and has advocated Hetrosexual families it does not suprise me... honestly should be taken down and banished to a blog

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

=average hero;75213249

Do you think single people should be allowed to adopt?

It's possible for a gay person to adopt a child, but only if they do so as an individual. If it's a gay couple, then only one of them have any rights over the child. It's all kinds of absurd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

People have such a narrow view of history, the nuclear family has existed for one tiny proportion of the life of the human race. Some people are such sheep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Owww, the stupid. It stings.

Good evening all.

Does it matter, what about lone parents, I know a guy who raised 4 children very well on his own. How about grand parents becoming the child's father and mother. What matters most to a child is stability, you can get that when the parents are gay. These days there is no right family there are so many different types of family, they all have their problems, they all have their attributes.

• Advertisement

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    People have such a narrow view of history, the nuclear family has existed for one tiny proportion of the life of the human race. Some people are such sheep.

Wrong!

Adam and Eve were the first people. The Earth has only existed for 8000 years.

Show me where the Bible says "Adam and Steve" and i'll stop harrassing my gay neighbours by sh*tting on their doorsteps and with the occasional dead puppy through the letterbox!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

MrStuffins wrote: »

Adam and Eve were the first people.

And their son Cain killed their other son Abel..!
    Pretty ****ed up family there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Good evening all.

What is this natures law of which you speak? Is it the social convention with regard to humans, where a man and woman will have a child and care for it together? Because we are one of only a few species on the planet that do that. The vast majority of species you have one looking after the young while the other goes for food or you have only one parent on the scene at all.

As such, i don't understand this Nature's Law that you seem to feel exists.

Oranage2 wrote: »
    I think people have the right to express their opinion no matter how stupid it is
    Agreed, but don't people also have the right to dispute such opinions? They're just doing the same thing.

Dudess wrote: »
    Agreed, but don't people also have the right to dispute such opinions? They're just doing the same thing.

Also, just because people have their right to view their opinions, doesn't mean supposedly (or self claimed) reputable news sources should give them a soapbox!

There are still people who think black people should be treated as second class citizens just because their skin colour is different to the white man....... doesn't mean The Guardian are giving Nick Griffin his own column!

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

I do not care one bit about being Politically Correct and deep inside me i feel DISGUSTED by two men at it.It's a natural instinctive reaction as old as Man himself rooted in a sense of decency.No amount of Legislation can change that natural Revulsion.I make no concessions at all i have no tolerance whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Replace "the gays" with "the blacks" "the polish" "the travellers" or any other minority and there'd be uproar in fact the article never would've been published.

paddyandy wrote: »
    I do not care one bit about being Politically Correct and deep inside me i feel DISGUSTED by two men at it.It's a natural instinctive reaction as old as Man himself rooted in a sense of decency.No amount of Legislation can change that natural Revulsion.I make no concessions at all i have no tolerance whatsoever.

Then don't partake in it:rolleyes: you do have a choice you know, gay people don't.

Then don't be walking around thinking about dudes "at it".

It repulses me to think of my parents at it, so I tend not to create that mental image! If my parents never had sex I wouldn't exist. Just because I don't like the thought of it doesn't mean they shouldn't have been doing it in the privacy of their own home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I do not care one bit about being Politically Correct and deep inside me i feel DISGUSTED by two men at it. It's a natural instinctive reaction as old as Man himself rooted in a sense of decency. No amount of Legislation can change that natural Revulsion. I make no concessions at all i have no tolerance whatsoever.

No it isn't.. it's just your opinion on the subject. There's nothing instinctive about it. Don't blame human nature for your own personally held preferences.

Advertisement