Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

I just get a very strong chemical after taste off them,it's kind of like the smell you get walking past a hairdressers,but it's a taste.

I hate that, kind of reminds me of talcum powder. You get that in very many high end brands too i have discovered to my chagrin. One juice in particular i was really looking forward to, described as coconutty tobacco if i remember correctly. :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

mrplop wrote: »
    Cartomizers are so 2 years ago!

Mr Smunt is on the money with his recommendation.
    You can't go wrong with E-Smokeireland's products and their after sales service.

With this kit, I believe they're offering 5 samples of their own brand of eliquid plus a 30ml bottle of Mom and Pops liquid - a great deal.

Ehm, the person might very much like carto tanks, if all i knew of was clearos id be back on fags right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

I want to try cotton wicks; would this work?
    http://tinyurl.com/ptksem6

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

BeansBeans wrote: »
    Ehm, the person might very much like carto tanks, if all i knew of was clearos id be back on fags right now.

I'm using cartos in an AGR and it's one of the most consistent vapes I have. Never leaks never gurgles, fill it up for the day and I'm off and I don't have to worry about anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

I want to try cotton wicks; would this work?
    http://tinyurl.com/ptksem6

How odd, Sticky asked me the exact same question about the exact same wick... Are you outsourcing your pondering to other people?

Anyway:
    It would work but depending on how tightly braided it is you may need to pick it apart. Unbleached cotton cheesecloth is very hard to find around the UK and Ireland, eh? But here's some:
    http://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/126427108/natural-extra-fine-weave-cheesecloth
    That's more expensive but won't need to be pre-soaked overnight (tightly braided cotton wick needs to get it's saturation on to wick efficiently). It'd equate to ~70+ feet of wick. Vape budget hands have to balance with vape ****ing-around-prepping-wick hands... the extra 4 quid would be worth not screwing around with/mollycoddling the wick in my eyes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

Something him and I were co-pondering. I knew you were one of the known experts on the matter so pmd you directly. Didn't know he'd posted about it :-) there you are now

StickyIcky wrote: »
    Something him and I were co-pondering. I knew you were one of the known experts on the matter so pmd you directly. Didn't know he'd posted about it :-) there you are now

CONSPIRACY

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

grindle wrote: »
    that etsy link

chriiiist that's a fair mark-up there :eek:

artyeva wrote: »
    chriiiist that's a fair mark-up there :eek:

Etsy...

Anywhere local that sells unbleached?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

ebay? any kitchen speciality shop [is there one in the english market in cork maybe]? hickeys or murphy sheedys in dublin? [you'd have to ask to see the bolt label though, some fabric shops say it's unbleached but if it's pure white you'll know it's not]

a local shop here was closing down a few years ago and i bought a few metres of it for kitchen use. i'll see how much i've left tomorrow and who ever wants it is more than welcome to it.

• Advertisement

artyeva wrote: »
    ebay? any kitchen speciality shop [is there one in the english market in cork maybe]? hickeys or murphy sheedys in dublin? [you'd have to ask to see the bolt label though, some fabric shops say it's unbleached but if it's pure white you'll know it's not]

a local shop here was closing down a few years ago and i bought a few metres of it for kitchen use. i'll see how much i've left tomorrow and who ever wants it is more than welcome to it.

When I went through the English Market and then Delia's Kitchen I could only find bleached. I'm not so bothered about it but I'd say Sticky and/or heli might want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Has anyone noticed the black 'gunk' that comes off the a7. Everytime I change a battery I give the 510 threads on the a7 and battery a wipe with tissue and there is black stuff on it.

At first I thought it was the coating coming off the threads but Ive been using the same a7 for over 4 months and it is still coming off so now Im wondering if its the varnish/plating (not sure which) been broken down by juice on the inside.

Im using it in oid form so most of the inside is constantly in contact with juice. I sanded the coating off the outside a while back but I cant sand down the inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed the black 'gunk' that comes off the a7. Everytime I change a battery I give the 510 threads on the a7 and battery a wipe with tissue and there is black stuff on it.

At first I thought it was the coating coming off the threads but Ive been using the same a7 for over 4 months and it is still coming off so now Im wondering if its the varnish/plating (not sure which) been broken down by juice on the inside.

Im using it in oid form so most of the inside is constantly in contact with juice. I sanded the coating off the outside a while back but I cant sand down the inside.
    I always find a bit of black stuff between battery and tank/clearo connection on my 510,i think its just burnt liquid it takes only small drop of it to cook onto the bottom of battery or around threads,there might be no leaks but once used for a while condensation builds up and i imagine some of that ends up down the bottom.

I dunno, I get a tiny bit of juice in the battery connector with other attys and carts but its never black. I change batteries a couple of times a day and I always give it a wipe, Im kinda anal like that:-)
    I just dont fancy vaping nickel plating if thats what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭dball

They'll work but depending on whether the eGo's are VV or not you might have to go lower resistance.
    You know those things are clearos too? Their head/s will need changing as often depending on heat used and juice vaped, etc etc.
    Get 1.8ohm head for your clearos or whatever clearo you might buy. The head of a clearo just needs to be screwed off/on when replacing. Cheaper than buying whole clearos (if that's what you've been doing) and no work involved. Just unscrew, rinse tank, screw new head on, fill, vape.
    get one of each; see which u like and some low resistance heads.

Wouldn't it be a good idea if vendors offered a selection of clearos, cartomizers in a starter bundle?

ok so i got some 1.8 ohm heads and im impressed - i am now trying to figues out what to do next -

dball wrote: »
    one of these:
    Kanger EVod
    Kanger Protank
    Kanger T5
    and especially the Vision SSTV Nova.

Can someone tell me that all of these are suitable for an ego battery.
    I purchased the ego starter kit a few weeks ago and find the clearomisers burn out fair quickly - im loving this vaping in the house:D and in the car:D:D and not having to go outside for a smoke:pac::pac::pac:.
    So i just wanna be sure that these are the right job for me - i have some juice and a charger etc. I dont want to be messing with wicks and all that (yet) i just want to refill and vape away.
    Are these the job for me?

Thanks in advance

Do i go ahead with my original plan to order different clearomisers - do i upgrade to a vv battery or do i sample some cartos or do i have to go through all 3 options to find that perfect vape for me?

Im leaning towards the upgrade to the battery then new clearos for the next month and then look at the move to cartomisers.
    Im happy vaping clearomisers for the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Does anyone know where I could find Highbrow Vapour Orange De Sangre in stock with reasonable delivery? I've tried all the irish sites I know of but no-one has it except for ESI and it's out of stock.

dball wrote: »
    Do i go ahead with my original plan to order different clearomisers - do i upgrade to a vv battery or do i sample some cartos or do i have to go through all 3 options to find that perfect vape for me?
    VV battery. The easiest way to get closest to the exact hit you want
    You can buy a single Boge carto to go along with your battery (if the battery is a Twist, make it a 2ohm, 4.8v maximum won't give the full range for a 3ohm Boge).
    Don't fire the 2ohm past 4.2-4.3v unless you vape high PG juice or it mightn't wick fast enough and then it'll burrrrrrrn.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    I dunno, I get a tiny bit of juice in the battery connector with other attys and carts but its never black. I change batteries a couple of times a day and I always give it a wipe, Im kinda anal like that:-)
    I just dont fancy vaping nickel plating if thats what it is.

I've wondered what that stuff is too.
    Bit like grey / black watery dirty looking stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

EGriff wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I could find Highbrow Vapour Orange De Sangre in stock with reasonable delivery? I've tried all the irish sites I know of but no-one has it except for ESI and it's out of stock.

It will be back in stock this week I was told from ESI.
    I'm looking forward to trying it.

I've wondered what that stuff is too.
    Bit like grey / black watery dirty looking stuff.

Yep, thats the stuff, definatly something to do with the coating I reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭cordni

Look no further than this

Thanks for the recommendation. One question as the liquid container is clear does it not get very dirty looking?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Karl_c

Depends what you put in it and how you maintain and clean it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

cordni wrote: »
    Thanks for the recommendation. One question as the liquid container is clear does it not get very dirty looking?
    i have iclear30 tank on mine,it does get bit messy after weeks use,but good thing about it you can take it all apart and blast with water :D i try to do that once a week when changing wicks on it.Also if you mix juices in the same tank i noticed it might get a bit gooey in time.But as someone said you have to keep general maintenance on your equipment,i always clean threads around top and bottom,battery threads with a bit of toilet paper :) when topping up liquid,might seem a lot of work but its only 2 min to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I'm looking for a strong but sweet tobacco flavour, kind of a good RY-4 with extra sweetness.

I was even thinking of mixing a strong RY-4 with a low nic caramel.

Anyone have any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Gillian72

I'm dying to try RY-4! It sounds exactly like the kind'a e-liquid that I like! :)

There seems to be loads of different brands of RY-4. Is there any one in particular that you would recommend? I use the strongest nicotine, does that effect the flavour much?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

el toro eden maybe
    it's a nice tobacco with apple

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭cordni

Look no further than this

Thanks to everyone who gave their input and suggestions. I am going to go with the kanger twist recommendation (e-vod). Will be ordering on Friday so will let you know how I get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭redkid

el toro eden maybe
    it's a nice tobacco with apple

Have to second this, a nice tobacco with the sweetness of a Granny Smith. My all day vape.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Anyone order grants vanilla custard from last week?
    How long does delivery usually take.
    Still haven't received it although it said it was shipped on the 11th July.
    Hope it's not gone missing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

iggy wrote: »
    It will be back in stock this week I was told from ESI.
    I'm looking forward to trying it.

Orange De Sangre is back in stock now at ESI: http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/orangesan.htm

Just ordered some myself, along with another mini protank, definitely the best clearo (or whatever) I've tried so far.

Advertisement