Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Heh heh.....I was wondering who would crack.....I knew somebody would be the guinea pig.

It costs less than a fiver! The typing people have done about it cost them more than a fiver in wasted time so I had to do it... Because nobody else would.
    And I ended up spending an extra €40 somehow. Big vape-spending today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I know, I know but its 13 euro or so I think? I think you need to buy the tank as well. Chromie bought the cart alone but it doesn't fit a normal tank....

Hmmm. I'll be using it with the AGR so still not really a normal tank, but there're plenty of testimonials from ECF and UKV that it works in normal carto tanks?

I guess I'll see with the AGR, but I'm not buying a Siam tank just to try that shít!

Wallet closed!*

*right after I get some steel rope and ekowool from TBS.

I know. I was going to buy the cart for my petra tank until Chromie said that it wouldn't fit his tank. Thought that was strange alright because I thought it would fit any tank too.

Thinking of getting ekowool next time I buy from TBS to see if it holds up better than silica in the spheroid.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Rattleshakes

I dunno,its more of a bad feeling rather than any review that has me wary about the 'Terminator'(theres logic for you)
    But who knows,it might work a treat and grindle is only out of pocket,what?53e?

I cant just go to a poxy site and buy what I actually need.I think this is how women shop.Good intentions are thrown out the window when confronted with choice.There needs to be sites for specific items,eg a juice site,a cartomizer site,a nice shiny thing site,a site where you buy more than intended so you dont look tight,site:o

That last one gets me,gets me right in the groin.

EDIT;Definitely getting me some of that ekowool:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

I know. I was going to buy the cart for my petra tank until Chromie said that it wouldn't fit his tank. Thought that was strange alright because I thought it would fit any tank too.

Thinking of getting ekowool next time I buy from TBS to see if it holds up better than silica in the spheroid.

Got some today and I'm just about to put it in the spheroid now.
    I will update on how it goes.

I guess we'll see!
    I like silica's vapoury ways so I'm getting ekowool to try it out in the Chorge for some relaxing shisha-style vaping. If it manages not to have that silica undertone I always seemed to get then I guess I'll have another great choice of wick in the ever-expanding arsenal (so...much...mesh...).
    I'm a bit non-plussed about having to recoil when it needs to be replaced, my brain magnifies that into a job akin to dragging a couch up five flights of stairs.

I'm the very same and I cant get my head around it.I mean recoiling takes 10-15mins? and yet I constantly put it off,assuring myself my current coil with its ever increasing mound of tarmac like gick,is good for another day or so:eek:

first impressions.

wicking away now; took a few minutes and priming to get get it going.

taste wise defo has a stronger silica taste than I'm used to, but i expect that will dissipate as it breaks in.

it's easier to work with, stiffer and holds it's shape well.

Looks like it has potential then?

• Advertisement

...defo has a stronger silica taste than I'm used to...

pissflaps

Just snapped my last drill bit,so I'm left with an IGO-W with one 1.5mm hole and one stock hole.A lot harder to drill than the 'L'.Not that impressed with it anyway.

Really? You're better off with one being smaller I think, unless you were going for 'Ultimate Cloud Machine' status.

What's wrong with it anyway?

Im getting a better vape from the IGO-L.I find it gets far too hot,far too quickly,even more than the 'L'.Thats not much of a concern on a mech,but on a VV device I worry about the electrics getting fried or a grommet swelling or all kinds of stuff.I think having just the one hole drilled concentrates too much air on that side.I dunno,I have it at 1.5ohms and it feels more like 3.5.

Was thinking of getting the 'Zeus'.It has a nice design on it:o

Well don't pay too much for the logo, it looks just like a standard Phoenix to me.

What kind of setup have you got going in the iGO-W, on what device?

ok a single loop is not keeping up with me so have re wicked with a double loop.
    here we go again

Btw the wick taste is all but gone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

I know, I know but its 13 euro or so I think? I think you need to buy the tank as well. Chromie bought the cart alone but it doesn't fit a normal tank....

I bought the kit cause you couldnt buy the cart separate then. Its just a dct tank. I filled it up and it worked pretty well tbh, then I started messing with the juice control and thats when it went tits up. The dome part started to unscrew and the chamber flooded. The dome(egg) part where the coil and wick live needs to be very tight so it doesnt unscrew when adjusting the juice control.
    Kinda obvious after the fact :-)
    Then Mark said it worked well with the agr so I stuck it in the agr, filled it up and it pissed out juice.
    Couldnt figure out why until I took it apart and checked it with a boge carto.

The boge carto sits tight in the agr base and the terminator adaptor/juice control is loose.
    Could be just the early ones, I dunno.
    At this stage I just gave up on it.
    I have only gave up on two devices and both are made by smok!! The r tank and the terminator, coincidence??? I havent the time or patience to go at it anytime soon.
    Very interested to see how you get on with it Grindle.
    Oh btw, the adaptor and dome are plated brass afaik. Im sorry I didnt get that dream bt thingy from ESI instead.

grindle wrote: »
    Well don't pay too much for the logo, it looks just like a standard Phoenix to me.

What kind of setup have you got going in the iGO-W, on what device?

Dual coil setup.Used it on both the SVD and the Zmax.
    Before I drilled it,it had a very tight draw and decent throat hit.Wasn't much in the way of vapour,just an average cigarette amount.After,less of a throat hit and only slightly more vapour...feels sluggish.I need to do the other side to see if it improves and seeing as I've no drill bits in that size,it will probably take me a week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

anyone with a t3s.. does it take a while to break in or something?

or is this just... another clearo in the long line of clearos I hate

I can't believe you've tried another clearo!! I've stopped trying them even.

Have to admit that I was actually thinking of trying the t3s too though but looks like they're the same as all the others....

• Advertisement

There is one more clearo that looks slightly more hopeful than the rest over on Bargain Vapour, the Drunker Tank. Gets fantastic reviews over on ECF but seems to be made out of chromed plastic?

Top-coil, chamber in the cap which should mean good flavour. Meant to be quite airy and a bit of a whistler. If the Terminator wasn't so cheap I would've bought that to try it.

Ok this is rank, going back to my regular wick :(
    note: this ekowool is from wire and stuff so others may be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

roast wrote: »
    Anyone know the procedure to get something returned to thebestshop.eu?
    I emailed them on Monday about a dodgy battery I got, and then again yesterday, but I haven't received any response from them yet. :(

Despite sending two emails, and also noting the issue in the "Comments" section on the next order I made with them, I still haven't received any word back from thebestshop.

I got the problem sorted (pin was pushed in on the battery... strange, because I hadn't even used it yet) after a bit, but I'm still disappointed that they didn't bother to return contact. Shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

anyone with a t3s.. does it take a while to break in or something?

or is this just... another clearo in the long line of clearos I hate

Only being a noob at this I can't really say, but mine is vaping really well a week after buying it, much better than my T5, CE4 and Evod anyway.

Once you're here a while you'll know that that was a rhetorical question from Digby, ever destined to be tied to rebuildable drippers.

I see TBS have some new stock. This little thing looks decent?

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/vv-mods/314-vision-slip-18350-mini-mod.html

I see TBS have some new stock. This little thing looks decent?

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/vv-mods/314-vision-slip-18350-mini-mod.html

Looks as if it would make a handy little mech.The Kamry KTS looks interesting, as does the price.

Ive been drawn to the BA GUA by YELLOWKISS of late.Looks stunning imo.

Well the IGO-W is working fine now,all on its own.Great throat hit and decent amount of vapour.Strange,but I'm not complaining.Probably something to do with the build.Still maintain it gets too hot far too quickly,especially with the dual coil setup,so I reckon I will be using a single setup in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Gillian72

Hi Everyone! :) A lot of the regular posters on here seem to be vaping a while and yous seem to have tested most of the stuff on the market.

I'm sure yous can all understand how confusing this all is to a beginner. I'm one week and one day off cigarettes today. I got off to a good start with vaping, but I'm beginning to feel totally overwhelmed with all the different products.

I'm using an eGo K with a Kanger MT3 tank, but already I wishing that I could get more of a throat hit and more flavour.

I like tobacco flavored e-liquid and from what I hear they destroy coils. So which e-cig and tank should I be using?

What do you guys find the best? Do you use Mods? Are they the best? Is this one any good:
    http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/itastsvd.htm

That Mod seem a good price. I couldn't afford any of the ones that are €300!!!

Plus what is the best tank to use? Which one is your favorite? Is a tank and a clearo the same thing?

I don't think I'm ready to start re-building tanks yet, so approx how often should I be changing my tank? (or am I using a clero??? UGH!) Is it ok to carefully wash it and re-use it? Or should I use a new one each time?

Any advice would be MUCH appreciated!!! :)

Thanx! :)

• Advertisement

Gillian72 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone! :) A lot of the regular posters on here seem to be vaping a while and yous seem to have tested most of the stuff on the market.

I'm sure yous can all understand how confusing this all is to a beginner. I'm one week and one day off cigarettes today. I got off to a good start with vaping, but I'm beginning to feel totally overwhelmed with all the different products.

I'm using an eGo K with a Kanger MT3 tank, but already I wishing that I could get more of a throat hit and more flavour.

I like tobacco flavored e-liquid and from what I hear they destroy coils. So which e-cig and tank should I be using?

What do you guys find the best? Do you use Mods? Are they the best? Is this one any good:
    http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/itastsvd.htm

That Mod seem a good price. I couldn't afford any of the ones that are €300!!!

Plus what is the best tank to use? Which one is your favorite? Is a tank and a clearo the same thing?

I don't think I'm ready to start re-building tanks yet, so approx how often should I be changing my tank? (or am I using a clero??? UGH!) Is it ok to carefully wash it and re-use it? Or should I use a new one each time?

Any advice would be MUCH appreciated!!! :)

Thanx! :)

Watch this it should answer a lot of your questions
    If you're still unsure of anything which you will be, you will at least have more specific questions.

There are lot of good tanks some prefer one over the other, IMO you can't go wrong with a carto tank and carto's others prefer clearomizers, the rebuildable stuff is many treads worth of discussion.

how long from a coil? depends on how many puffs a day you would take at what voltage and which liquid you use. as a guide 2-4 days however some get weeks, yes they can be cleaned not done it myself so will leave that to someone else.

Advertisement