Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Rattleshakes

I have a lipo guard for when I'm charging my batteries.I'll either leave it charging sitting on top or inside the bag.
    The reason I don't leave charger inside all the time is because it generates too much heat and of late I've noticed the charger getting even warmer to the point of being hot.
    Surely that defeats the purpose of having the lipo guard in the first place?!

Great thanks Brendan....will give it a look

The kanger kits look decent enough

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/6-electronic-cigarettes-starter-kits?ps_full_site=1

Few more here

http://www.vaperus.ie/55-starter-vaping-kits

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭glicster

I have a lipo guard for when I'm charging my batteries.I'll either leave it charging sitting on top or inside the bag.
    The reason I don't leave charger inside all the time is because it generates too much heat and of late I've noticed the charger getting even warmer to the point of being hot.

If your chargers getting hot id be putting inside the bag. The bag contains the explosion/flare up if anything were to go wrong saving your gaf from burning down;-) lipos can be extremely dangerous and are very flamable.they swell up before going bang and being confined in the battery housing would add to the bang

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

Don't put a multi bay charger in bag; they are air cooled and will overheat if confined!
    i guess ecigs would be ok but if their getting hotter in the bag then maybe not.
    if you notice a change, like the battery getting hotter than usual while charging, then it might be time to replace them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Was just shown today how to do a dry burn with silica. Never realised how easy it is and how clean the coil and wick gets. Its like brand new!!
    Just wondering how many times this can be done on the same wick and coil?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭glicster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=z3o_2mwRPdw

this video shows the benefit of your lipo bag. its a poor quality video but sure gets the point across.
    i would be thinking of replacing the charger and or batteries if their starting to get hot during charging.leave nothing to chance when charging lipo batteries

two or three, then the taste is just not the same :)
    Just my opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    Was just shown today how to do a dry burn with silica. Never realised how easy it is and how clean the coil and wick gets. Its like brand new!!
    Just wondering how many times this can be done on the same wick and coil?

IMO.....none..,.,it improves for a short while but never recovers really. I'd continue with what I had or throw in a new one. I used to dry burn but never do now.

Its amazing though how clean it gets, wick is pure white and wire looks like new!!
    AMAZEBALLS as the kids would say :-)
    As the guy who showed me today said, its handy if your in a rush or dont have wick or wire to hand, it gets you out of a fix!

glicster wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=z3o_2mwRPdw

this video shows the benefit of your lipo bag. its a poor quality video but sure gets the point across.
    i would be thinking of replacing the charger and or batteries if their starting to get hot during charging.leave nothing to chance when charging lipo batteries

I knew they were dangerous but that's just downright scary!Interesting what heli was saying,I'm VERY glad I asked now :)

• Advertisement

Innokin svd vs segelei zmax v3? Any thoughts?(besides the OLED screen)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Got some 2mm wick from Andrei yesterday and its excellent as usual. Think he's giving up selling wick though. I noticed that a good few vendors are supplying wick too though anyway now.

The ESI stuff looks a bit like ekowool:

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/silica.htm

That's supposed to be very good stuff. It it ekowool I wonder? Don't need any but if it was ekowool I might try it out.

I thought ekowool was kinda flat or square or something.
    Just googled it, its hollow so it can flatten. Some people recommend putting a needle or something trough it while making a coil, the 1mm doesnt flatten as much though, apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

Guys do you think it's bad form holding off on ordering from e-smokeireland.eu until the holiday discount offer kicks in?

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

Did that not kick in today ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

jamie72 wrote: »
    Guys do you think it's bad form holding off on ordering from e-smokeireland.eu until the holiday discount offer kicks in?

The way i see it is that if i'm strapped for cash i use the discount, if i'm not i dont.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

It has kicked in, but I didn't order last week knowing that I could get the discount this week.

OMG :eek: You're going straight to hell :)

jamie72 wrote: »

I don't think it is as the discount is there to entice people to order knowing they'll have to wait longer on delivery.They'll be well happy with your order :)

Got some 2mm wick from Andrei yesterday and its excellent as usual. Think he's giving up selling wick though. I noticed that a good few vendors are supplying wick too though anyway now.

The ESI stuff looks a bit like ekowool:

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/silica.htm

That's supposed to be very good stuff. It it ekowool I wonder? Don't need any but if it was ekowool I might try it out.

I reckon if we all sent emails to ESI or TBS or Vaperus or...asking would they order some ekowool,they'd tell us all to go and shiite:) and then change their minds and consider our request :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Had to post this spotted on reddit. Vaping outlawed at this guys workplace.
    So he made this: http://imgur.com/a/49Dbb :D.

Hal1 wrote: »

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

Yup the ESI holiday discount is to entice some orders in while they are away on holiday, so they have some money to come back to while they are away.

Like.. if they're away, chances are you'll just order from another vendor. So NO I don't think you should feel guilty for using the holiday discount code. Use away! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭redkid

Hal1 wrote: »

Lol, but what are they going to do about the clouds?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Stealth-mode.

Vapourless, visually disappointing, constipated looking stealth-mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭redkid

grindle wrote: »
    Stealth-mode.

Vapourless, visually disappointing, constipated looking stealth-mode.

Lol. What else can ya expect from a McVape

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

Just wondering if anyone can recommend this

ego-ce4-kit-with-carry-case.jpg

I'm new to vaping and bought this kit below ata car boot sale, :rolleyes:, works ok mostly but battery life has waned from 2 and half days down to one, in about a week.

x6-e-cigarette-2.jpg

I'd like to have the CE4 one as back up though to keep me from going back to the smokey ones!

Any help appreciated.

Just wondering if anyone can recommend this

ego-ce4-kit-with-carry-case.jpg

I'm new to vaping and bought this kit below ata car boot sale, :rolleyes:, works ok mostly but battery life has waned from 2 and half days down to one, in about a week.

x6-e-cigarette-2.jpg

I'd like to have the CE4 one as back up though to keep me from going back to the smokey ones!

Any help appreciated.
    ]

That ce4 ego kit will serve you well, lots of people started with them including myself.
    Check and see if the car boot sale one opens as you might be able to fit good batteries if it does, not seen it before but it does have that look about it :)

Got one of those terminator v2 tank jobbies along with some other stuff today from vaperus. Crackin little yoke, just using the stock wick and coil. Started messing around with the juice control and now the ohms have gone nuts, I must have moved the coil. Im just wondering if anyone has rebuilt one of these? Do you have to use NR wire etc.?

• Advertisement

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    Got one of those terminator v2 tank jobbies along with some other stuff today from vaperus. Crackin little yoke, just using the stock wick and coil. Started messing around with the juice control and now the ohms have gone nuts, I must have moved the coil. Im just wondering if anyone has rebuilt one of these? Do you have to use NR wire etc.?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RkyBQa3x7jA :eek:

Advertisement