Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

Vapor Renu liquids it appears. I have seen them mentioned a few times on e-cigaretteforum they seem quite popular, they caught my interest in the past, but never bothered ordering off them (the vaporrenu site that is).

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭craiclad

Anyone know of an irish vendor who has AW IMR 18650s in stock? In decided I'm gonna push my coils under .5 ohms and I want to make absolutely certain that a battery doesn't explode in my face...

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Rattleshakes

craiclad wrote: »
    Anyone know of an irish vendor who has AW IMR 18650s in stock? In decided I'm gonna push my coils under .5 ohms and I want to make absolutely certain that a battery doesn't explode in my face...

http://www.vaperus.ie/batteries-passthroughs/128-aw-imr-18650.html

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭craiclad

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Just realised.....its 8 months today since I had a cigarette. I genuinely never thought I would be ever able to stop.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Got my MVP today. Much more compact than I feared it might be. About the same size as a 10 pack of fags I'd say. Fits neat in the pocket.

The build quality seems to be pretty damn good too and the screen and buttons are made to last. Really easy to read and adjust the voltage too.

Fits nice in the hand too.

Think the 2600 mAh charges from empty to full in about 4.5 hours but it can be charged at any stage without affecting the battery life and can also be used as a passthru.

Still getting used to the fact that I don't have to worry about charging spare batteries. I used ego Twists until now so I always needed to have one on charge. I should get about 2.5 days out of this if I let it run down without charging, which I won't.

Still acclimatising to the shape of the atomiser on top of the box rather than a tube format but I suppose that'll come.

So far so good...

I flamed my wick before making yet another spheroid coil this morning. For some reason I only get a day or two from a coil. Sometimes the wick itself seems to stop wicking well too.

Flaming it made some difference to the 'softness' of it.......whiter looking too. Seems to be wicking better as well using the same filler.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

I think I've figured out why clearos leak on me sometimes and get gurgly, it's to do with heat. When I leave them in a car on a warm day or loose in a jeans pocket for awhile that's when they gurgle.

Just occurred to me there:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭Ionised

rickyjb wrote: »
    I think I've figured out why clearos leak on me sometimes and get gurgly, it's to do with heat. When I leave them in a car on a warm day or loose in a jeans pocket for awhile that's when they gurgle.

I'm guessing the liquid gets thinner when warmed...hence more likely to leak and/or overwick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

I flamed my wick before making yet another spheroid coil this morning. For some reason I only get a day or two from a coil. Sometimes the wick itself seems to stop wicking well too.

Flaming it made some difference to the 'softness' of it.......whiter looking too. Seems to be wicking better as well using the same filler.
    I torch the hell out of my coil and wick. When I started rebuilding a guy(not here) was giving me a few tips, and he used a blow torch on the wick and wire before he made the coil, and then again once he made the coil while on the device taking care not to melt anything. So thats what I do.
    Might be overkill but I think it makes a difference. I was away a few weeks ago, no blowtorch, all I had was a crappy lighter with a low flame, made a wick and coil, used the low flame and there was a nasty taste which lasted almost a day.
    Not sure if the wick lasts any longer though, I still have to replace it every 2 or 3 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

I get a week out of a coil, 5ml a day of 50/50 vg/pg juice.
    Never tried flaming the coil before use just the wire to get the springiness out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

I use 7 or 8ml a day of 70/30, coil gunks up and wick goes almost black, the flavour gets real smokey, I could probably eek a few extra days out of it but I just replace it. I make the coils about 1.2ish ohms.

rickyjb wrote: »

Are you using an array of clearos or just the one type?

I'm getting 2 days from my coil in the IGO-L thanks to Virginia Prime's(50/50) supreme gunkiness.
    Don't bother trying to wash it out,it's too much bother,just recoil it.
    I think ebaron is working on a filtering system to at least cut down on all the funky gunkiness.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

I think the current bottles are a result of the new filtering system. Has he said he's trying again?

grindle wrote: »
    I think the current bottles are a result of the new filtering system. Has he said he's trying again?

I would have heard this about 2 months ago so I would imagine its the current batch.Obviously VP is a particularly difficult juice to filter and achieve good results.I remember you saying it had tiny people living in it on a microscopic level.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

I would have heard this about 2 months ago so I would imagine its the current batch.Obviously VP is a particularly difficult juice to filter and achieve good results.I remember you saying it had tiny people living in it on a microscopic level.

Mmm... Tiny people with feather dusters tickling your tastebuds. Thin brittle leaves seem to let themselves go on contact with moisture, nature of the game I suppose. If only it weren't supremely tasty...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Are you using an array of clearos or just the one type?
    At the moment I'm just using an evod and a protank but I think it used to happen with T3s as well. Very noticeable over the weekend with the good weather.

Jesus H C......does anybody know how to get your address saved on that godforsaken Vaperus website????

That's strange.When you register it automatically saves your address so when you order,it should appear for you to acknowledge it's yours.
    The site could do with an update alright but I've never had any major issues with it and I'm loving all the new stock.

• Advertisement

Yeah, they have good stock alright. Flipping thing just won't save the address though. Maybe I need to fill that number thing up top or something? What the heck is that field anyway? The Identification Number one?

Yeah, they have good stock alright. Flipping thing just won't save the address though. Maybe I need to fill that number thing up top or something? What the heck is that field anyway? The Identification Number one?

That would be head wrecking alright.Dont know what that is Green.Can't see it on the mobile and I'm nowhere near a pc.Maybe they've become real snobbish and won't accept certain addresses!

I'm on an iPhone but might try on PC tomorrow.....

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

I'm on an iPhone but might try on PC tomorrow.....

from what i remember, you need to select it from the drop down menu.
    it might not work with ios!

Try the 'add a new address' option and just put down your current one...?

Tried adding new addresses, no drop downs showing up.....

You might be right though, the website is very clunky altogether on the iPhone. Might work on the PC.

Yep - it's iOS.....no problem on the PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 wickerman07

Really considering giving this e cigarette thing a go.

Does anyone have any preference as to the best brand?

I currently smoke Marlboro lights/Camel blue.

Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

I suggest you get one of these and as part of the kit you get to pick 5 flavored juices with it , i suggest you get 1 24 mg strength and some 18mg , RY4 is a good juice to statt with but give the fruit ones a go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 wickerman07

Great thanks Brendan....will give it a look

Advertisement