Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - General discussion & technical queries

Options
1323334353638»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 495 Mod ✭✭✭✭TheKBizzle

How did you get US site working again? I changed the DNS settings and still nothing on Ps3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

No need to mess about with the DNS on your router if you're accessing Netflix through a console and Unblock US won't work anymore.Simply change the old Unblock DNS settings to the Playmo DNS settings on your console.

Primary DNS: 190.14.36.90
    Secondary DNS: 109.123.111.24

Once you've done that,re-start your console to make sure the changes have been applied,then enjoy US Netflix again!

*If you still can't access the US version even after you've changed the DNS to the above,then delete Netflix,re-download it,sign into Netflix,and you should have the US version again.

I just stuck in playmo dns settings instead of unblock ones on ps3 and saved them,it worked straight away, no restart needed, no need as you say to mess around with router settings, which may lead to compromising your computer anyway. I wouldn't risk touching router.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

TheKBizzle wrote: »
    How did you get US site working again? I changed the DNS settings and still nothing on Ps3

Changed to the Playmo tv settings. Had to delete and re install the Netflix app and then sign in to my account again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭gremha

been having problems with this all day. Finally came back tonight, think it might be something on netflix's side rather than unlock-us

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

Mine hasnt worked on PS3 all day but worked fine on Xbox. Tried all the many different combos. Was out all evening and just got back and US netflix loaded up fine, but no sows would actually play. :( Teasing B'Astards!
    No need to mess about with the DNS on your router if you're accessing Netflix through a console and Unblock US won't work anymore.Simply change the old Unblock DNS settings to the Playmo DNS settings on your console.

Primary DNS: 190.14.36.90
    Secondary DNS: 109.123.111.24

Once you've done that,re-start your console to make sure the changes have been applied,then enjoy US Netflix again!

*If you still can't access the US version even after you've changed the DNS to the above,then delete Netflix,re-download it,sign into Netflix,and you should have the US version again.

Trying this now! Fingers crossed!

EDIT: WORKED. Took a few go's, crashed my console, had to sign in a few times but when it opened it was USA and shows were loading. :) Thank you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

adox wrote: »
    On a side note, just finished the last 3 episodes of Friday Night Lights after getting the US site working again.

What an incredible show. I'm gonna miss em.

I'm not ashamed to admit I teared up watching the last episode
    as everyone is watching the last play when the ball is flying through the air in slow motion, great stuff
    it really is one of the best dramas on tv in the past few years, there's a few characters who just kinda disappeared though
    like Landry, he goes to Chicago with Matt who appears a few times afterwards but Landry doesnt, and Lyla just vanishes as well, I like that they keep moving along and the kids change but theres a few characters it would have been good to see how they progress, Tim Riggins is officially one of my favourite tv show characters ever.
    theres a few hit and miss story arcs throughout but overall its fantastic. the movie is brilliant too if you've never seen it.

my US one is working again I used the playmo settings and reinstalled the netflix app, working now, although I did reset it cos I'm watching Its Always Sunny and its not on the US on for some wierd reason..

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,143 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

krudler wrote: »
    as everyone is watching the last play when the ball is flying through the air in slow motion, great stuff
    it really is one of the best dramas on tv in the past few years, there's a few characters who just kinda disappeared though
    like Landry, he goes to Chicago with Matt who appears a few times afterwards but Landry doesnt, and Lyla just vanishes as well, I like that they keep moving along and the kids change but theres a few characters it would have been good to see how they progress, Tim Riggins is officially one of my favourite tv show characters ever.
    theres a few hit and miss story arcs throughout but overall its fantastic. the movie is brilliant too if you've never seen it.

saw the film years ago and remember thinking it was great. do I need to re-watch it before i start on the show?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    saw the film years ago and remember thinking it was great. do I need to re-watch it before i start on the show?

no its a different town, its basically been adapted into the series by the movies director Peter Berg, its still a small Texas town and a few people from the movie are in it but playing slightly different characters, like Connie Britton who played Billy Bob Thorntons wife in the movie plays essentially the same character, the coaches wife, but with a more expanded role and a different person to the one in the movie. its shot the same way as the movie, lots of handheld camera, and the music is the same, lots of Explosions In The Sky tracks, but its not a direct follow up to the movie, its weird it was never a big ratings winner in the States given the subject matter and acclaim it got, I loved it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

I was using the unblock codes on my ps3 which had a wired internet connection..

Does anybody know if the playmo codes work with a ps3 with a wired internet connection or are the playmo codes only for wireless??

thanks in advance...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Never seen the movie so must find it and give it a watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

no its a different town, its basically been adapted into the series by the movies director Peter Berg, its still a small Texas town and a few people from the movie are in it but playing slightly different characters, like Connie Britton who played Billy Bob Thorntons wife in the movie plays essentially the same character, the coaches wife, but with a more expanded role and a different person to the one in the movie. its shot the same way as the movie, lots of handheld camera, and the music is the same, lots of Explosions In The Sky tracks, but its not a direct follow up to the movie, its weird it was never a big ratings winner in the States given the subject matter and acclaim it got, I loved it though.

You should really check out the documentary Go Tigers! on US Netflix if you like Friday Night Lights;)

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭bonoman66

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    I was using the unblock codes on my ps3 which had a wired internet connection..

Does anybody know if the playmo codes work with a ps3 with a wired internet connection or are the playmo codes only for wireless??

thanks in advance...

My USA Netflix stopped working on my PS3 last night.

My first step was to try again a few times but it still wouldn't work. I then checked these forums & established my issue wasn't isolated & realised I could try alternative DNS IP addresses.

I had been using the UnblockUS DNS IP addresses.

I logged out of the Netflix App on the PS3.

I changed the DNS IP settings to the Playmo ones (didn't need to reboot my PS3 or Uninstall the Netflix App on the PS3)

I restarted the Netflix App. It did prompt me to manually login again (in normal daily use up to this point it would autologin).

All access fully restored to USA Netflix on the PS3 using the Playmo DNS IP addresses.

I have my PS3 connected into my modem via a physical cable & I'm not connected wirelessly.

Hopefully that helps answer your question.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

bonoman66 wrote: »
    My USA Netflix stopped working on my PS3 last night.

My first step was to try again a few times but it still wouldn't work. I then checked these forums & established my issue wasn't isolated & realised I could try alternative DNS IP addresses.

I had been using the UnblockUS DNS IP addresses.

I logged out of the Netflix App on the PS3.

I changed the DNS IP settings to the Playmo ones (didn't need to reboot my PS3 or Uninstall the Netflix App on the PS3)

I restarted the Netflix App. It did prompt me to manually login again (in normal daily use up to this point it would autologin).

All access fully restored to USA Netflix on the PS3 using the Playmo DNS IP addresses.

I have my PS3 connected into my modem via a physical cable & I'm not connected wirelessly.

Hopefully that helps answer your question.

Here's the kicker on this- i could not get it to work on my main PS3 yesterday using the UnblockUS DNS (i have subscribed to it, and payment has been taken), this is over a wireless connection, roughly 10ft away from the router.

However, it worked on the alternate PS3 i have which is approx the same distance but through 2 walls.

It also worked no problems at all on my xbox which is wired through homeplugs.

I tried resetting the router to see if it made any difference, and then neither PS3 would connect (error message saying Netflix cannot be reached or something to that effect). It did still connect on my Xbox though, however Syfy & demand5 would not, last-fm would.

I am with Eircom, on a 3mb connection of which i get on average 50ms ping, 2.67dl & .31ul. I had no problems with anything up to yesterday, and i am wondering is it possibly a problem with UnblockUS, or is it something on Sony's side for the PS3? Although i am leaning toward the problem being with either Eircom or UnblockUS, considering Syfy etc wouldn't load videos either.

Anyway, just though i'd throw this up,see if anyone else has had any issues with any other content.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

I couldn't log into Netflix through unblockus today either but there is a topic on unblockus' forums about it. They had server trouble and to get the service going again you should sign into their website and click Check Service. This worked for me and now Netflix is working on the console again.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    I couldn't log into Netflix through unblockus today either but there is a topic on unblockus' forums about it. They had server trouble and to get the service going again you should sign into their website and click Check Service. This worked for me and now Netflix is working on the console again.

Same here. Worked perfectly after that

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭mathproblem

I had never signed up for us unblock but was using their dns numbers for about a week/10 days until it slowed down(let me in after numerous tries) and eventually stopped completely.

I entered the playmo settings as listed on the previous page of this thread... the trick after entering the playmo settings is to delete netflix & then re-upload it and sign in again.. this got me onto the american settings

I also deleted Netflix from the game data utility folder for good luck when i was deleting netflix & also I triangle->deleted the bd data utility folder under the video heading even though the folder was empty... maybe i didn't need to bother but its just something i picked up from some guys youtube instructional to do with another netflix problem on Ps3

and hey it worked so happy days

1. Enter playmo Dns numbers into network settings (190.14.36.90 & 109.123.111.24)
    2. turn ps3 off & on again
    3. delete netflix, netflix in the game data utility folder under game & the bd data utility folder under video
    4. Reclick the netflix icon & load it up & then re-enter your e.mail & password
    5. You should be back into your us version with all your recently watched etc still there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

I had never signed up for us unblock but was using their dns numbers for about a week/10 days until it slowed down(let me in after numerous tries) and eventually stopped completely.

I entered the playmo settings as listed on the previous page of this thread... the trick after entering the playmo settings is to delete netflix & then re-upload it and sign in again.. this got me onto the american settings

I also deleted Netflix from the game data utility folder for good luck when i was deleting netflix & also I triangle->deleted the bd data utility folder under the video heading even though the folder was empty... maybe i didn't need to bother but its just something i picked up from some guys youtube instructional to do with another netflix problem on Ps3

and hey it worked so happy days

1. Enter playmo Dns numbers into network settings (190.14.36.90 & 109.123.111.24)
    2. turn ps3 off & on again
    3. delete netflix, netflix in the game data utility folder under game & the bd data utility folder under video
    4. Reclick the netflix icon & load it up & then re-enter your e.mail & password
    5. You should be back into your us version with all your recently watched etc still there

excellent.. worked pefectly.. I wonder if I change my setting back so I can watch shows on the Irish netflix and then change back to us netfilx, will I have to do all that deleting again ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Mr Bloat wrote: »

Did you log in through your pc browser or on the PS3 browser? If through your pc did you have your router settings changed? Or had you just changed your DNS settings on your PS3?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Sorry, folks, but in light of Sean Sherlock's recently signed into law "Irish SOPA" legislation, discussion of how to circumvent Netflix's geographic restrictions can no longer be allowed. If you need guidance or advice in setting up a VPN service on your computer for other legitimate reasons take it to the Nets & Comms forum as any discussion of it here will be deleted as off-topic.

I'm locking this thread for the time being until we decide what to do with it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement