Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - General discussion & technical queries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I think it's doing that for a while? Meant I ended up watching more Arrested Development than I should have :/
    Thats what i thought too but I remember someone complaining that it didn't do it. I'm pretty sure it stopped doing it for a while on me though, might be when I'm on the american one only though.

Doesn't happen for me :( It goes back to the dash and has the next ep ready to play but I need to "press X" to make it play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭gremha

Has anyone using that 208.122.23.22 DNS on an apple TV been cut off ?
    When I signed up for it, it only asked me for an email address, no other detail & I got the same DNS as that so how do they know when to cut me off ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Ambersky

Using Easy Hide Ip I signed up for a free trial on the US Netflix site.
    They gave a choice of entering my credit card details or using PayPal.
    When I chose PayPal I a message came up that my account had been limited and I had to contact them to get it unblocked.
    PayPals rep said it happened because I was using a proxy server or something and this was their way of helping me with the security of my account and making sure it was really me making transactions.

I felt a bit nervous about using my credit card details but they were accepted and there was no problem apparently with using an Irish credit card on the american site.
    Later however I got a phone call from my credit card company asking me if I had given my details to Netflix today...Im beginning to feel like a criminal.....and they said they just wanted to check because internet companies sometimes say they are offering something for free and a little while later start making unauthorised withdrawals from your account:eek:

Anyone else had any experiences like this?
    Should I have signed up on the Irish site and given details there before using a proxy server and gaining access to the US site

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I used to have a pretty detailed front page (on Xbox) - would list all categories and all films / shows in each. Now, it's bare bones and just lists "Like...", "Popular on Facebook", "recently Watched", "New Releases" and "Top 10 for me". Why has this happened and how do I get back to a full listing?

Otherwise I have to know what I want and search every time.

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 daclem

Hello everyone,

Was wondering if anybody could help me.

Around three weeks ago now I successfully managed to get the US content on my uk ps3 with the unblock us dns settings. However for about the last week or so I have noticed the internet on my laptop has been extremely slow. Downloads now rarely go above 8kb/s when before I could get at least 1mb/s at some points.

I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced this and if it could be a side effect of me changing the dns settings on my ps3. Seeing as I have only changed the dns server settings on my ps3 I wasn't sure if this could possibly be conflicting with my internet overall?

Sorry if it's a bit of a stupid question!

Many thanks to anyone who can help me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

daclem wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

Was wondering if anybody could help me.

Around three weeks ago now I successfully managed to get the US content on my uk ps3 with the unblock us dns settings. However for about the last week or so I have noticed the internet on my laptop has been extremely slow. Downloads now rarely go above 8kb/s when before I could get at least 1mb/s at some points.

I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced this and if it could be a side effect of me changing the dns settings on my ps3. Seeing as I have only changed the dns server settings on my ps3 I wasn't sure if this could possibly be conflicting with my internet overall?

Sorry if it's a bit of a stupid question!

Many thanks to anyone who can help me.

I have UPC 25mb. I only changed DNS on my PS3 too not on my router and it has zero effect on the speed on my macs (how could it? That could only conceivably happen if I did it on router) My PS3 download speed after applying unblock is around 10 - 12 mps, on my macs its around 20 mps so it does slow the net on applied machines down by about 50%.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭dMaN24

I've given up on Playmo and Unblock US.

Playmo won't allow me to open the netflix-page unless i enter my userdetails.
    Which i haven't received. And they openly admit not to accept any more users until they feel confident about it.

Unblock US really hogs my computer, so i'm using Open dns instead.

AFAIK it's working great and it's free.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Does anyone know how often Netflix Ireland is updated with new content, and when?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭bullpost

There's a twitter feed which I've seen used to announce new stuff.
    Does anyone know how often Netflix Ireland is updated with new content, and when?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

dMaN24 wrote: »

Which i haven't received. And they openly admit not to accept any more users until they feel confident about it.

can I ask what open DNS you are using and does this work for a laptop ( sorry if silly question but very un tech savy )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

I changed my DNS settings and have the american netflix working fine but now all of a sudden it isnt working

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Not working for me either at the moment.

EDIT

Back now.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭beng128

Have the American version on the PS3, been trying to open it for the past half hour. Just getting "Unable to connect to Netflix."

Anybody know whats up?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

dMaN24 wrote: »

This makes absolutely no sense :confused:

beng128 wrote: »
    Have the American version on the PS3, been trying to open it for the past half hour. Just getting "Unable to connect to Netflix."

Anybody know whats up?

Was down last nite for about 20 mins (1 am) happens now and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

US version hasn't been working for me on the Xbox for the past hour or so,tried clearing cache and deleting/re-installing the app to no avail.

''Cannot connect error code R1207'' keeps frustratingly appearing!

US netflix on PS3 will not open for me either. Had the same issue yesterday and ended up watching a DVD. Tried later in the evening and it worked again. Now I've been trying for about 20 mins and I'm getting "Unable to connect to Netflix, please try again"

- network test all ok tried again - no joy
    - uninstalled and reinstalled app - no joy
    - reverted back to usual irish network settings - WORKING
    - manual input US DNS settings - PSN FAILED - tested network again - PASSED but then the netflix wont open because I cant get signed into PSN. BAck to dash to sign in again then back to Netflix and no joy.

Sigh...

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Macronelf

Crap, the American Netflix isn't working for me either on PS3.

Not going back to the Irish version, will just cancel

Macronelf wrote: »
    Crap, the American Netflix isn't working for me either on PS3.

Not going back to the Irish version, will just cancel

I'll go back to the irish one for a day or so but if it doesnt ceom back I'll cancel then.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

Sounds like the game is up folks. Same for me on the Logitech Revue ( but still fine on Ipad strangely enough )

• Advertisement

Was watching Us Flix at 2.30am and was ok, tried now and not connecting on PS3 hopefully just a temporary glitch?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

mine was on an off last night, cant sign into the US one now at all, hope it comes back I was just about to start season 3 of breaking bad

Could be just UNBLOCK US thing, anyone else on playmo or other DNS things?

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭patrickpc

Could be just UNBLOCK US thing, anyone else on playmo or other DNS things?

Same issue with Netflix US version via Unblock-US this morning on my PS3.

Can anyone confirm if BBC iPlayer is working using PS3 and Unblock-US ? Just want to see if Netflix is the only service affected. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭bullpost

Mine was down last night and I only use DNS entries - no ublock-us or other services.

Panic not my friends its back on PS3, my dns numbers were wiped put them in again and its fine!

Primary DNS 208.122.23.22
    Secondary DNS 208.122.23.23

Phew, I have so much unfinished business on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

anyone know if setting up a US ps3 account (easily done) means you have have two profiles with different dns addresses? its be handy to be able to just log in and out of the US and Irish one instead of having to reset the servers, its wierd how Its Always Sunny is on the Irish one but not the Irish one, I think the Irish one actually has a better selection of movies, the US one has better tv

My xbox down stairs will connect no problems to the American netflix but my PS3 upstairs wont.

Tried putting in the DNS and all again but no joy.

• Advertisement

My xbox down stairs will connect no problems to the American netflix but my PS3 upstairs wont.

Tried putting in the DNS and all again but no joy.

I think numbers are slightly different check my previous post

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement