Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - General discussion & technical queries

Options

Comments

I take it the only way to do this on PC is VPN tunneling?

I've taken the week trial with unlock-US.

Will decide then if it's worth keeping. Is there any non paying way to get the US version.

Also - using unblock-us, how does it work and when I changed by IP settings is this something that has to stay changed? Will it effect my normal internet usage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Any change yet for Ulster Bank debit card users? I'm having serious withdrawals.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭dMaN24

AFAIK you don't need to use Unblock-us.
    I've tried with UUnet's dns, and it works just as good. And is free. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭jc84

Any change yet for Ulster Bank debit card users? I'm having serious withdrawals.

No issue with my ub debit card, being charged as normal after the month trial ended, have you contacted the bank?

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭patrickpc

dMaN24 wrote: »
    AFAIK you don't need to use Unblock-us.
    I've tried with UUnet's dns, and it works just as good. And is free. :)

Are your sure this gives the US Content?

Just tried on my iPad and it reverted to the Irish selection :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

This Film Is Not Yet Rated: decent documentary analysing (well, "criticising" might be a better term) the MPAA and their flawed ratings system.

Interesting but the depths in which the film-makers went to uncover the
    secret MPAA panel of raters
    was a tad creepy (i.e
    hiring a lesbian private investigator to follow them - park outside their houses etc).

Worth a look though!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Basq wrote: »
    This Film Is Not Yet Rated: decent documentary analysing (well, "criticising" might be a better term) the MPAA and their flawed ratings system.

Interesting but the depths in which the film-makers went to uncover the
    secret MPAA panel of raters
    was a tad creepy (i.e
    hiring a lesbian private investigator to follow them - park outside their houses etc).

Worth a look though!

Very good docu. with some great points about the way big studios get away with stuff that indies don't and that straight and gay sex is treated differently when it comes to ratings, re: your spoiler I thought that was hilarious as opposed to creepy!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭The boarder

Hey Guys,

Has anyone else had trouble using a visa debit card or lazer with netflix. It took my visa debit for the trial but wont take a payment from it.

Apparently its an issue with their system, what one of their reps told me.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CrazyFish

Hey Guys,

Has anyone else had trouble using a visa debit card or lazer with netflix. It took my visa debit for the trial but wont take a payment from it.

Apparently its an issue with their system, what one of their reps told me.

:confused:

I used a visa debit card for my renewal this month and it worked fine.

that straight and gay sex is treated differently when it comes to ratings
    Yep, the split screen of Gay Sex Scenes (NC-17) Vs Straight Sex Scenes (R) was particularly eye-opening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Just hooked up my Wii to US Netflix. One word: Damn.

Shoulda done this weeks ago. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

theres alot of reading,is there a way to get the us content on a smart phone?
    How do you do it on the ps3 aswell?

theres alot of reading,is there a way to get the us content on a smart phone?
    How do you do it on the ps3 aswell?
    Instructions Here!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭catthinkin

Mr E wrote: »
    Just hooked up my Wii to US Netflix. One word: Damn.

Shoulda done this weeks ago. :)

How do you do that ? I tried but i have a wireless router think i must be doing something wrong ? Help would be appreciated thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

catthinkin wrote: »
    How do you do that ? I tried but i have a wireless router think i must be doing something wrong ? Help would be appreciated thanks

Change WII DNS settings

Just change primary and secondary to 208.122.23.22 / 208.122.23.23

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Skinfull wrote: »
    Change WII DNS settings

Might be a silly question but does this also work for laptops etc or do you hav to sign up for playmo or unblockus

is there no other way to watch usa content on the ps without playmo or unblockus?
    Have to wait till I get signed up on playmo and im thinking thatll be a while going by there fb page!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

campo wrote: »
    Might be a silly question but does this also work for laptops etc or do you hav to sign up for playmo or unblockus

Wont work for laptops no :(

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Nyan Cat

I've been reading the thread and there isn't a specif answer to this: has anyone noticed if changing your DNS affects your phone 3G costs or sending texts (does your network think youre in the states)? I'm not techy enough to know how that stuff works!

Nyan Cat wrote: »
    I've been reading the thread and there isn't a specif answer to this: has anyone noticed if changing your DNS affects your phone 3G costs or sending texts (does your network think youre in the states)? I'm not techy enough to know how that stuff works!
    No to both..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Nyan Cat

Basq wrote: »
    Nyan Cat wrote: »
    No to both..
    Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

what's the procedure for paying unblock -us? how do they identify you?

is there any free ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

M cebee wrote: »
    what's the procedure for paying unblock -us? how do they identify you?

is there any free ones?

I pay them via paypal comes out monthly from my account

Playmo and unblock is not working for me on my ps3,I change the dns settings in the ps3 but i still get the irish store.Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭bullpost

Thought for Wii you also needed to change the region to US?
    Change WII DNS settings

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Okay, in an attempt to cut down on some of the technical questions that keep getting asked, I've added an FAQ to the first post which I'll improve over time. I may just rob from some of the answers already posted here.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Okay, in an attempt to cut down on some of the technical questions that keep getting asked, I've added an FAQ to the first post which I'll improve over time. I may just rob from some of the answers already posted here.

Thank god. I can only read instructions to change a dns so many times :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

Playmo and unblock is not working for me on my ps3,I change the dns settings in the ps3 but i still get the irish store.Any ideas?

When you change your DNS settings, log out of netflix, power off and power back on your device. Then log back into netflix again. You should now have the US catalouge.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

never tried it with the wii. Just about to try it on xbox but by all accounts it should work.

Do you have an Xbox Live Gold account? If you don't you have to start paying for that after a month's free trial and it's roughly another 7 quid a month. I'd set mine up on Xbox initially but paying to be allowed view a service I'm already paying for seemed ridiculous so I blew the dust off the Wii and set it up on that instead as it's free. The only problem is if I want to use US Netflix I can't use the BBC IPlayer channel too, which would have been a bonus.

• Advertisement

I done that allready,I quit netflix and restart the ps and im still on the irish one.

I do exactly what it says on the playmo setup,which from what i can see is just enter the dns settings on the ps3,quit netflix and restart the ps.Am I missing something?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement