Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - General discussion & technical queries

Options

Comments

Yeah they were the numbers I put in mate.

Ill give it another go in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Macronelf wrote: »
    Crap, the American Netflix isn't working for me either on PS3.

Not going back to the Irish version, will just cancel

Why not just pay $5 for Unblock US or use Paymo which is currently free?

To be fair we`ve had a good run with Unblock US considering it was supposed to be a weeks trial. I signed up to them the day after Netflix as released over here and as up to last night was still getting the service for free. I`m using Playmo on my ipad, which is in beta stage and will remain free as long as it is.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,173 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

adox wrote: »
    Why not just pay $5 for Unblock US or use Paymo which is currently free?

To be fair we`ve had a good run with Unblock US considering it was supposed to be a weeks trial. I signed up to them the day after Netflix as released over here and as up to last night was still getting the service for free. I`m using Playmo on my ipad, which is in beta stage and will remain free as long as it is.

If you pay for the whole year off the bat it works out ten dollars cheaper too just so everyone knows.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

krudler wrote: »
    anyone know if setting up a US ps3 account (easily done) means you have have two profiles with different dns addresses? its be handy to be able to just log in and out of the US and Irish one instead of having to reset the servers, its wierd how Its Always Sunny is on the Irish one but not the Irish one, I think the Irish one actually has a better selection of movies, the US one has better tv

Depends, if you like older or classic movies US is much better and for great documentaries its at least 10 times better.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Depends, if you like older or classic movies US is much better and for great documentaries its at least 10 times better.

oh yeah the docs, standup and tv is fantastic on the us one, maybe its just the way its displaying the choices of movies to me, its one of those things that theres probably tons of stuff id watch but dont know about as the search function is sh1te

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

US version still won't work for me on Xbox using Unblock US DNS,changed my DNS back to automatic and I can open the crappy UK/Ireland version fine though.

Will try using the Playmo DNS now so hopefully I can get the US version back,if I can't then I'll just cancel Netflix.

Edit: Panic over,have the US version back now through Playmo.That was a scary few hours!

oh yeah the docs, standup and tv is fantastic on the us one, maybe its just the way its displaying the choices of movies to me, its one of those things that theres probably tons of stuff id watch but dont know about as the search function is sh1te

US version still won't work for me on Xbox using Unblock US DNS,changed my DNS back to automatic and I can open the crappy UK/Ireland version fine though.

Will try using the Playmo DNS now so hopefully I can get the US version back,if I can't then I'll just cancel Netflix.

Odd that Us Unblock (just numbers, I didn't subscribe to them) is working on Ps3 but not xbox, same theory I would have thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Kamjana

Same thing for me the unblock us DNS are not working,so i just tried the playmo ones and they are grand.

Primary: 190.14.36.90
    Secondary: 109.123.111.24

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

Kamjana wrote: »
    Same thing for me the unblock us DNS are not working,so i just tried the playmo ones and they are grand.

Primary: 190.14.36.90
    Secondary: 109.123.111.24

I reverted my network to normal auto settings and it gives me irish Netflix.
    I changed it to
    Primary: 208.122.23.22
    Secondary: 208.122.23.23
    And it won't load.

I changed DNS as stated above in Kamjana's post... and it gives me Irish netflix :(

Everything working perfectly and US style on the Xbox

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Macronelf

Just to make sure, the Irish Netflix doesn't have X-Files, does it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Do a serch for IP Man, that isn't on the Irish netflix but is on the US.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

Unblock US has finally stopped working for me. For Playmo TV do you have to sign up on the PS3 web browser and then enter the DNS settings. Tried entering the DNS settings on their own and was logged in to the Irish store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Kamjana

Skinfull wrote: »

I changed DNS as stated above in Kamjana's post... and it gives me Irish netflix :(

Everything working perfectly and US style on the Xbox
    adox wrote: »
    Unblock US has finally stopped working for me. For Playmo TV do you have to sign up on the PS3 web browser and then enter the DNS settings. Tried entering the DNS settings on their own and was logged in to the Irish store.

I just used the DNS settings on their website and its working fine,im watching Lost on it now.

Did you turn the PS3 off after you saved the settings?

Just home, its not working on my PS3 using UnBlock either, as has been said here all day, when I left house earlier (about 1pm) it was , word on UK forums is that PS3 unblock for free loophole is gone but that if you subscribe to them it works again, fair enough, its a great service they provide, was never going to be free forever.

Kamjana wrote: »
    I just used the DNS settings on their website and its working fine,im watching Lost on it now.

Did you turn the PS3 off after you saved the settings?

Yep did all f the above but sill getting the Irish store. I've tried to launch the PS3 browser to log on to one of ther sites but I can't get the browser to load. Playstation store etc won't load either. Yikes!

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭osheen

Mine wouldn't connect when i got home , checked dns and they had reset to all 0's . Re-entered the dns settings and no problems connecting now. (On ps3 )

To anyone that's on PS3 and their unblock DNS code stopped working.

I just followed the instructions on this page http://playmo.tv/setup/playstation-3/ and I got the US netflix working again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

ive been using my daughter's wii for us netflix- can anyone please help get me back viewing:confused:

used the playmo settings and can now access us netflix but service wont let me watch selected programmes :-(

now the irish one aint working either..

• Advertisement

Finally got up and running again, this time using playmo tv. I had changed the dns settings to playmos and rebooted the ps3 but kept getting the Irish store.

I was trying to log on to the playmo tv webpage through ps3 to activate the device but the browser wouldn't load for some reason. Disabled java and hey presto browser worked again. Logged in to playmo tv and pressed the activate device and that worked.

It was still bringing me to the Irish store so I deleted the Netflix app and re-installed it. When I opened the app I had to log in again and finally got on to the US store. :P

Going to use this til it's out of beta stage and then will probably subscribe to Unblock US. Has anyone subscribed yet? Do you need to subscribe under your specific device? I won't be changing the DNs settings on my router, just the individual devices so I'm to sure if once signed up, all devices will work with a dms change?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,331 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Just logged into the US store of Netflix on my PS3. Seems to be working fine at the minute anyway.

Hopefully they don't clamp down on this. I was about to get horsed into Friday Night Lights. If it's just the UK/Ireland store I'd probably cancel to be honest.

Just logged into the US store of Netflix on my PS3. Seems to be working fine at the minute anyway.

Hopefully they don't clamp down on this. I was about to get horsed into Friday Night Lights. If it's just the UK/Ireland store I'd probably cancel to be honest.

such a great show

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭gammon_steak

Mine stopped working on Ps3 so here's how I fixed it. I'm with Eircom.

Changed dns on router to "open dns"
    http://www.opendns.com/business-solutions/premium-dns/benefits/

which are

restarted ps3 and all was good again! I didn't make any changes on ps3, just left the unblock-us dns in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Macronelf

Seems to be working again now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

US Netflix wasn't working for me last night; "unable to connect" but I kept trying & got in on the 5th attempt. I didn't bother messing around with the DNS settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

unblock working for me now.. tried that playmo one, but it did'nt work, it says its for wireless, but my ps3 is connected with cable..

If netflix want to keep Irish customers, they will want to get the finger out and start giving us the same sort of content as the us gets.. If they don't they won't last long over here..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Mine stopped working on Ps3 so here's how I fixed it. I'm with Eircom.

Changed dns on router to "open dns"
    http://www.opendns.com/business-solutions/premium-dns/benefits/

which are

restarted ps3 and all was good again! I didn't make any changes on ps3, just left the unblock-us dns in there.

Used these codes- methinx this is the UK service

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

No need to mess about with the DNS on your router if you're accessing Netflix through a console and Unblock US won't work anymore.Simply change the old Unblock DNS settings to the Playmo DNS settings on your console.

Primary DNS: 190.14.36.90
    Secondary DNS: 109.123.111.24

Once you've done that,re-start your console to make sure the changes have been applied,then enjoy US Netflix again!

*If you still can't access the US version even after you've changed the DNS to the above,then delete Netflix,re-download it,sign into Netflix,and you should have the US version again.

• Advertisement

On a side note, just finished the last 3 episodes of Friday Night Lights after getting the US site working again.

What an incredible show. I'm gonna miss em.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement