Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭tonyotonyo

The undercover cops board I have is the world version but I converted it to alpha renewal.

I saw an original factory alpha renewal sell recently for like 2000, can't find the link now.

Those little irem stickers can make all the difference. About the size of a postage stamp for those who don't know

• Registered Users Posts: 34,430 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I see Ronnie has something listed for sale a little different to the NNCs he's had up the last while, a Neo Candy 25.

Never seen one with a marquee like that before though, usually they've a much smaller light box with a place for 4 mini marquees.

2295 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭dav09

I see, I would absolutely love a Neo Geo Candy, either a U4 or SC19, but can't justify prices now. I was thinking about getting those SC19 repro as they are nice and only about 6-700 quid shipped apparently.

Master of the Universe

I can't understand the prices on them at all now. They're great but they're not exactly rare. Loads of them floating about. When I bought my one it was selling for the same price as an Astro/Aero. For some reason now though it's worth four times the price?

Was that one of those Sc19 repros on ali express? they looked really nicely made. Didn't realise they were so cheap shipped.

I see there's a Capcom Cute repro doing the rounds now on some of the arcade forums too.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭dav09

Yep it seems they way. I know you could probably pick up the Mini Cute, Sc19 and a repro Vewlix for the price of that shipped, I don't understand it either but from my last discussions with container distributors they blamed a huge home collector marking spawning in Japan when arcades closed during covid for nearly 2 years.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Has anyone seen this guy over on arcade-projects making high quality home made convergence strips?

They're only a dollar each, can get a ten pack for ten dollars. Fairly cheap.

Was thinking about getting some and fine tuning the edges of my monitors. Anyone interested in a bit of a group order maybe to save on ye olde postage from the US? Would be super handy for tweaking CRT TVs too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Those magnetic strips used with the robot vacuums work just as well and a lot easier to get hold of.

Master of the Universe

Well that's a really smart idea! Will give that a go instead first, thanks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Saw this on Adverts, a very cheap €250 Namco Air Combat can.

It's one of my favourite games on the PS1 as well.

But I've zero room for this in my home, so I can't buy it :(

http://www.adverts.ie/31529399

Master of the Universe

Wow that's a bit of a steal.

Have to say, ads like that kill me. The amount of great deals I've seen over the years, if I'd had somewhere to actually put the things I'd probably have a full arcade at this point!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Its a Namco System 21 machine/board for anyone interested;

Guess no one wants a lump of a machine, the one on adverts is the more compact version though. Pity the CRT was swapped for a flatscreen (thats too small)

I see a Naomi stand up cab on adverts; https://www.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/arcade/31538909

Expensive but nice project, could be cut down to a sitdown cab - keep it a Naomi system or MiSTer/Pi/other.

Master of the Universe

I see the same person has a Naomi driver up too for a little cheaper.

Yeah it's pricey but at the same time with the way things have gone price wise, its hard to know what's a good/bad deal anymore!

Someone just listed a Neo Geo SC19 over on arcade otaku this morning, 3,100 euro. I actually said to myself 'woah, that's a good deal!' - and then realised the utter madness of my statement 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

going to need a chassis recap. Top is first power in. Bottom after 10 - 20 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

What machine is that out of curiosity? I see the Sega logo but don't recognise it as a New Net or Blast City but it looks candy shaped.

I can't recommend gunblade over on UkVac enough for chassis repair by the way... dude does top quality work and helped me to revive the CRT in my Blast City for a fairly reasonable price all things considered. He has easily breathed another 20 years or so of life into my machine.

Master of the Universe

Sega Aero city. Full metal beast of a machine, weighs about 120kg. It's the 80s version of your blast :D

Had one for a while myself, still regret selling it!

How's your blast monitor looking these days after he worked on it? I think he did the service on my Pony in 2013, image still looks like it just rolled out of th factory.

Master of the Universe

Have you removed a chassis before?

If you want a lend of my HV probe to discharge it let me know.

Ah cool, I'll get in touch with him!

Thanks man, I'll take you up on that when the time comes. I've never removed a chassis before so need to do some research!

Master of the Universe

No worries! It's actually a lot simpler than you'd think. Main thing I found after discharging was just to make sure you take lots of photos as you disconnect all the wiring so you know where to put it back and make sure to note the orientation of connectors too if any have more than one pin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭geotrig

It probably auto discharges but worth doing the discharge procedure anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

what's the process on the postage and customs sending to gunblade now? Did you have to pay customs on the way over and back? An post or UPS

Remember the good old days of sending boxes over and back to him with parcel motel

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I think I paid about €35-45 VAT/Fees for my last chassis repair in November 2022(that was on the way back from the UK to me). Repair itself was £75 sterling+£18 shipping. That was all with DPD, not An Post. Cant remember what I paid to send it over with DPD, but it wasn't very cheap.

Master of the Universe

Excellent! Amazing what a cap kit can do. Shame some of our bigger candy cabinet sellers don't offer it as a service before cabinets are shipped out.

I saw Ronnie list a Blast today for almost 2k. :eek:

Master of the Universe

Do any of you guys use the coin mechs in your candy cabinets?

I've never really bothered over the years, just had all my PCBs on freeplay. After spending a bit of time dropping 100 yen coins into machines though I'd forgotten how enjoyable it was as part of the experience. Really makes you appreciate each individual credit.

Brought home 50 X 100 yen coins and changed the dip settings on my vertical PCBs installed at the moment back to running on coins.

First time I've actually tried the coin mech since owning my Pony actually believe it or not, works perfectly.

Something really nice about using coins that I actually picked up in Japan. Finally a decent use for my Taito Station bucket too. Wish I'd bought twice as many though!

I picked up a bunch of 100yen 'MVS' like coins from AliExpress for that coin mech experiance :)

Just needed the magnet from the coin mech to be removed as the fake coins are steel

I did t have a candy cab when I visited Japan so the only coin I held on to was a 500¥ but I have been meaning to get some of those fake steel coins Kerbdog mentioned.

Anyone going to BaseArcade in Belfast this December? Tickets on sale now https://basearcade.com/#tickets

I'm heading up with a mate for the afternoon on Saturday 2nd so maybe see some of you there!

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Well that flew under the radar, hadn't heard of it at all!

They've a few candy cabinets in the video:

Looks like a Blast City, Astro, Jaleco Pony IV and an Aero.

Advertisement