Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 5 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Frisbee wrote: »
    A real high scoring affair between myself and The Terrible Towels as he wins 66-64 :o

77-46 in mine, high quality stuff! I'm back to 2-2 (unless the Chiefs D hits 30+), I'd like to think my trade made all the difference but I'm really just coasting on QB and defense showing.

Happy with my Clay pickup this week though.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭kopite davo

had some comeback last night thanks to ertz and wentz.i wouldn't have been happy losing that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭fatgav

To the person who tried to trade me for Antonio Brown, apologies for not responding with a note when I said no. But last night shows why I did just that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

4th quarter Julio catch nabs me a win by less that a point by the looks of things, and now the worse divisional leader in the league :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

hots wrote: »
    4th quarter Julio catch nabs me a win by less that a point by the looks of things, and now the worse divisional leader in the league :o

Heh thats ff for you this time being kind! I'm third in my group with a 7-4! a score I would of killed for last season. The Eagles D won me my game this week after some very poor streaming choices, damn you Cutler back on the sh*t heap from wence you came!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,033 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Heh thats ff for you this time being kind! I'm third in my group with a 7-4! a score I would of killed for last season. The Eagles D won me my game this week after some very poor streaming choices, damn you Cutler back on the sh*t heap from wence you came!

I thought I had that matchup won being ahead by 26 plus with you only having the Eagles D and Baldwin left so I focused on the other leagues I’m in until yesterday evening. Still had hope watching the game with Baldwin’s quiet game until that TD in the 4th. Standard FF emotional rollercoaster.

A lot more high scoring teams than I expected when I look through the standings. After a strong start to the season there’s a small risk of tumbling down the rankings late in the season.

Anyone any idea on the playoffs this week? Teams in it don't make sense. Reckon I missed by 1 game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

It works like the regular NFL where each division winner gets in and are seeded 1-4 based on record. So Stickmen (#1 10-3), Phat Boys (#2 10-3), Okoye's Parking Space (#3 10-3) and Supplemental Draft Kings (# 7-6). Then the next two teams with the highest overall record are in at #5 and #6 and those were The Terrible Towels (9-4) and Lithe Lions (9-4).

So everyone is as expected except for Supplemental Draft Kings who get through due to being a weaker division by winning tiebreaker over the other 7-6 team in their division.

couldn't see it on phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

One and done in the playoffs with an awful performance, I nearly had as many points on the bench as I did in my starting line up :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭tripperman

Hi guy's new to division five this year, looking forward to it

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Paladonia

Likewise. Hoping for plenty of activity :)

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭billr67

Welcome lads anyone know when we'll be polling for a draft?

Think we need a volunteer for Commish first.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

Didn't realise I got promoted. I guess I'm in Division 5 now?

I think some were promoted by default. I was some way off the top in Div 6 last year and I'm in Div 5 now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

Welcome folks. Hopefully it'll be a close battle like last year, except I'll do better! Depth is so tough in a 16 man league

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Promoted to Div 5 this year, hope it's a good one!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 YosySheridan

Really looking forward to this season! Was wondering is it possible to set up a Whats App or a Slack for our league. It will make it way easier for us to keep active (trades, game day, etc) throughout the season.

I'm literally only on boards to join this fantasy league!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

I just about snuck into Division 5.

Looking forward to the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭billr67

Well looks like I've been promoted to Div 4! Have a great season lads good luck to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

Really looking forward to this season! Was wondering is it possible to set up a Whats App or a Slack for our league. It will make it way easier for us to keep active (trades, game day, etc) throughout the season.

I'm literally only on boards to join this fantasy league!

I'd be in for this, hate leagues with zero activity.

DDC1990 wrote: »
    I just about snuck into Division 5.

Looking forward to the season.

Hey ddc how are you mate, didn't realize we where in the same division

Welcome all. Just waiting for last season's Commish to pass on the baton and then I'll get the invites out. When everyone is in we'll vote on a draft date.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 YosySheridan

Once we have the draft date, can we set up a Slack group? I'm in one for a American league and it's great for keeping the league active and easy to chat to people when trading.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

tripperman wrote:
    Hey ddc how are you mate, didn't realize we where in the same division

Hey man. All good. Hope the League is ready for the next edition of Madden.

Crazy busy few months but may get a chance to get back to the league in September if I get broadband in my new house!

I've sent invites via PM to anyone not already in the league. If you didn't get an invite, check to make sure you are in the right league.

Any issues or if I missed anyone let me know.

I'll get a poll going soon for the draft once everyone has joined.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭mbradso2003

Thanks Paladonia got PM but league is full.

Thanks Paladonia got PM but league is full.

Apologies. Should be ok now if you try again.

• Advertisement

Thanks mate I'm in now team is Gordon's Chargers

Advertisement