Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 1 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

D3PO wrote: »
    Meh your record last season is irrelevant as is your record in other leagues. Frankly I don't give a crap how you did in them.

meh week 7 you didn't set a team week 8 you didn't set a team week 9 you didn't set a team that's a fact.

perhaps by the charter you aren't due for a kick but your on your last legs. I for one hope you slip up again im not interested in playing against players who aren't arsed setting a team during their bye weeks

Week 7 I did set a team. I just lined up one player short, as I've often done when I have players on bye weeks. And as I'm sure other people do.

I did two weeks in a row in another league this year and trounced my opponent both time as I felt I could win the matchup without losing a decent spot on the Waiver Wire for when I might really need it.

Week 8 I fúcked up, I thought I had swapped my QBs around but didn't. Made look even worse by both my starting RB scoring zeros.

Week 9 I hold my hands up I didn't set a team, it slipped my mind.

Regarding your hope for me slipping up again, I guess we'll just have to wait and see buddy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,796 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Meh your record last season is irrelevant as is your record in other leagues. Frankly I don't give a crap how you did in them.

meh week 7 you didn't set a team week 8 you didn't set a team week 9 you didn't set a team that's a fact.

perhaps by the charter you aren't due for a kick but your on your last legs. I for one hope you slip up again im not interested in playing against players who aren't arsed setting a team during their bye weeks
    You are wrong, he clearly set a team for week 7 because he had Rod Streater in for week 6 and he wasn't in his team for week 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,703 ✭✭✭Raoul

One more win and I will be in the playoffs. :)

Andre Brown may be up for trade for a WR. Anyone need an RB?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Anyone needing a QB?

Might be tempted to part with fantasy superstar Nick Foles :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Anyone needing a QB?

Might be tempted to part with fantasy superstar Nick Foles :)

Might help if you advise what your looking for ?

also when is the trade deadline does anybody know ?

I'm willing to trade Chris Ivory for anybody needing RB help but not until wk13 not sure if that's before the trade deadline

Also interested in hearing offers for Terrence TD Williams for those wanting WR help but not until after this weekend.

Available for trade

Chris Ivory & Brian Leonard (Two starting RB's available for trade to anybody needing RB help.

Looking for a top end TE or a WR2 in return.

PM me or send me an offer in the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Coby Fleener (who's production is trending upwards after the Wayne injury and is off two 10 target performances) available for a RB2 or WR2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Maurice Jones Drew and Ryan Matthews are on the trade block

Looking for a WR2

Before you dismiss the thought of trading for MJD I'll point out he has scored double digit points 3 out of the last 4 gameweeks aand has a handy schedule coming up

looks like everybody is looking for a WR2 :)

• Advertisement

I am looking for a WR 1 for Andre Brown. At the moment I have Boykin, Jeffrey, Marlon Brown and Kris Durham.

Raoul wrote: »
    I am looking for a WR 1 for Andre Brown. At the moment I have Boykin, Jeffrey, Marlon Brown and Kris Durham.

with all due respect theres no way in the world andre brown is worth a WR1 and if anybody is insane enough to offer it I will be vetoing that trade

• Registered Users Posts: 13 TheLongRun

I'm looking for a running back. I have Eric Decker, Torrey Smith, Larry Fitz and Jericho Cotchery at WR and I'm open to trades for one. I've had two trade proposals for Smith and I've got back to those guys today... anyone else interested in WR help; hit me up.

with all due respect theres no way in the world andre brown is worth a WR1 and if anybody is insane enough to offer it I will be vetoing that trade

Well it depends on the teams situation. I definitely think Andre brown could be worth a wr1 on a team that is struggling with rbs but had a good wr corps.

Well it depends on the teams situation. I definitely think Andre brown could be worth a wr1 on a team that is struggling with rbs but had a good wr corps.

Also you were looking for a wr2 for ivory and Leonard. No way are they worth that! Leonard is awful and ivory is good but has only had a handful of decent games and was droppable for large portions of the season. Won't say I will vetoe anyone insane enough to offer you a wr2 though.

A guy whos been injured and has played one game is never worth a wr1. hes worth a wr2 but hes not worth a wr1

a WR1 is a desean Jackson, megatron, larry fitz, Brandon marshall type there is no way brown is worth that hes proved nothing at all this year and one 100 yard game a good fantasy player does not make.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

The value of a player is always a matter of opinion and greatly depends on a teams circumstances. Someone who's starting RBs got injured will value Brown a lot more than someone who has their RBs intact. Someone may want to a run in the playoffs and need a healthy RB like Brown in their lineup. If Raoul values Brown as a WR1 trade option then so be it, all he needs is one person to see it the same way. I think that would be incorrect use of the veto as its not collusion to overvalue your players

The value of a player is always a matter of opinion and greatly depends on a teams circumstances. Someone who's starting RBs got injured will value Brown a lot more than someone who has their RBs intact. Someone may want to a run in the playoffs and need a healthy RB like Brown in their lineup. If Raoul values Brown as a WR1 trade option then so be it, all he needs is one person to see it the same way. I think that would be incorrect use of the veto as its not collusion to overvalue your players

Exactly. And asking for a wr1 is because that is all I am willing to give up for him.

Perhaps I am wrong but I would consider the 16th ranked wr in a 16 team league to be a wr1.

In saying that though i would never pay a WR 1 for Brown. I just think the drop off in production from someones WR1 to WR4 is much greater than the increase in production of Brown over an RB2

In saying that though i would never pay a WR 1 for Brown. I just think the drop off in production from someones WR1 to WR4 is much greater than the increase in production of Brown over an RB2

Fair enough but I think he has a great schedule. I would be looking for a low end wr1 or a high end wr2.

• Advertisement

I don't think so ive not had an issue with either trade done so far this year even though there were in my opinion clearly winners and losers in the trade in my book.

I get that a players value is subjectional but its also open to abuse by essentially by taking advantage of somebody who really doesn't know the value of a player.

If somebody for example was to offer calvin Johnson for brown it doesn't have to be collusion for me to go well that's not a fair trade theres too clear a difference in the players respective values and then to veto it based on that.

if brown was even a rb who was a starter and played 5 - 6 games already this year and was only averaging say 7 - 8 pts a game id probably not blink at him going for a low end wr1 or a high end wr2 even though in my book he wouldn't be worth it but the fact is hes only played one game has a history of injury and my I don't think its even close to a fair trade for a wr1

I don't think so ive not had an issue with either trade done so far this year even though there were in my opinion clearly winners and losers in the trade in my book.

I get that a players value is subjectional but its also open to abuse by essentially by taking advantage of somebody who really doesn't know the value of a player.

If somebody for example was to offer calvin Johnson for brown it doesn't have to be collusion for me to go well that's not a fair trade theres too clear a difference in the players respective values and then to veto it based on that.

if brown was even a rb who was a starter and played 5 - 6 games already this year and was only averaging say 7 - 8 pts a game id probably not blink at him going for a low end wr1 or a high end wr2 even though in my book he wouldn't be worth it but the fact is hes only played one game has a history of injury and my I don't think its even close to a fair trade for a wr1
    Brown is a top quality footballer. Simple as. I understand there is a gamble with him but I wanted to see if someone was willing to take it as I think there is going to be big rewards there.

Also, you are looking for a WR2 or a top end TE for Chris Ivory or Leonard?

I think Leonard was the 3rd back on the roster spot and is simply not very good and not on a very good team in general. He faces the following good Ds: Lions, Falcons, 49ers, Bills and the Panthers. Not the type of person I would give up for a top end TE or a WR2.

Chris Ivory has had 1 TD all season and only two games where he has more than 10 fantasy points. For someone getting to the playoffs, he would be facing the Panthers and the Browns.

Just looking and I see that we are matched up against each other this week :D. Not one of the players in question are starting. I am tempted to start Brown now.

Brown is a top quality footballer. Simple as. I understand there is a gamble with him but I wanted to see if someone was willing to take it as I think there is going to be big rewards there.

Also, you are looking for a WR2 or a top end TE for Chris Ivory or Leonard?

I think Leonard was the 3rd back on the roster spot and is simply not very good and not on a very good team in general. He faces the following good Ds: Lions, Falcons, 49ers, Bills and the Panthers. Not the type of person I would give up for a top end TE or a WR2.

Chris Ivory has had 1 TD all season and only two games where he has more than 10 fantasy points. For someone getting to the playoffs, he would be facing the Panthers and the Browns.

Just looking and I see that we are matched up against each other this week :D. Not one of the players in question are starting. I am tempted to start Brown now.

Take your point re Leonard but as he was cited to be a starting RB there is value in that hense the request for a WR2 (Clearly based on this weekend gone hes not worth it)

however Ivory is now the feature back in New York hes posted double digit fantasy points in 3 of his last 4 games so yes hes certainly worth a WR2 as hes gaining more points than WR2 over a period of a month or 25% of the season

I know your just playing devils advocate but still :)

I should have started ivory :pac: although I still got the W comfortably enough
    :):p:cool:;)

I should have started ivory :pac: although I still got the W comfortably enough
    :):p:cool:;)

Yeah terrible week for me. Congrats on the win.
    It's so annoying, we are talking about trades when there are really only about five people that seem to even read the fecking thread!

Yeah terrible week for me. Congrats on the win.
    It's so annoying, we are talking about trades when there are really only about five people that seem to even read the fecking thread!

Your still pretty much a banker for the playoffs one thing I am not. Would take a series of unprobable results to prevent you making it but theres a real possibility I will miss out despite averaging over 100pts per week and the top scoring team in the league as I face two playoff caliber teams in my last two games and I only lead my division on head to head / points scored.

Im decimated next week with byes so the possibility is that I will be out of the playoff picture looking in going into the final week of the regular season which isn't good.

However means your hold on a bye week in the playoffs is now held by a fingernail.

I have fluked my way into such a good position. You have scored about 200 more points than me. I have just been lucky to pick the right guys each week and get a good matchup!

Gonna put up a playoff scenario post tomorrow once I know the final results of the week. Was looking at it today, its very tight in the race for a playoff spot

Gonna put up a playoff scenario post tomorrow once I know the final results of the week. Was looking at it today, its very tight in the race for a playoff spot

• Advertisement

good stuff was going to do the same myself but saves me the hassle if your gonna do it.

can you advise what is the tie breaker situation ?

Head 2 head
    then
    Points scored

Advertisement