Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 1 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,696 ✭✭✭Raoul

Check the activity of Corrigeen Crusaders please. I am pretty sure they were inactive for at least two weeks if not 3 or 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Raoul wrote: »
    Check the activity of Corrigeen Crusaders please. I am pretty sure they were inactive for at least two weeks if not 3 or 4.

I have them as inactive for 3 weeks. Unfortunately (and I don't agree with it) that falls within the realms of "reasonable" within the Fantasy Football Charter.

Either way they are gone down so we don't have to deal with their messing for next season.

I really think this needs to be revisited. In this day and age there is no excuse not to be able to get online and set a team. FFS I was 4000 meters high up in the Andes mountains earlier this summer and I could still get 3G access in places.

There needs to be a more stringent policy on inactives IMO.

D3PO wrote: »
    I have them as inactive for 3 weeks. Unfortunately (and I don't agree with it) that falls within the realms of "reasonable" within the Fantasy Football Charter.

Either way they are gone down so we don't have to deal with their messing for next season.

I really think this needs to be revisited. In this day and age there is no excuse not to be able to get online and set a team. FFS I was 4000 meters high up in the Andes mountains earlier this summer and I could still get 3G access in places.

There needs to be a more stringent policy on inactives IMO.

Won't have to anyway. Andre Brown has brought me to the Premier! :pac:

But that sort of one really annoys me. Guy realised he was out and then decided I can't be bothered to play anymore. Regardless of how it effects other teams.

Won't have to anyway. Andre Brown has brought me to the Premier! :pac:

But that sort of one really annoys me. Guy realised he was out and then decided I can't be bothered to play anymore. Regardless of how it effects other teams.

I'm one win from joining ya :p I hear ya though the whole idea of relegation was to make every game relevant so I don't understand some peoples attitudes.

Either way its Div 2s problem next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

D3PO wrote: »

Just want to find out how you calculated 3 weeks inactive for Corrigeen?

• Advertisement

I am actually just after looking there now. He had Dalton one week starting then he was active and for some reason stuck in Pryor even though he wasn't playing. So perhaps I was wrong about him being inactive for that week, just a weird decision to put Pryor in there.

Just want to find out how you calculated 3 weeks inactive for Corrigeen?

Ive kept an eye on the last activity page every week to see whos been logging in and when.

You could argue much more inactivity if you wanted based on team selection but I guess its not defined what consists inactivity

Ie. Weeks 3,4 & 5 he left a guy on IR in his starting lineup (Bradshaw) weeks 7&8 likewise (Franklin)

Plus wks 12 & 13 left a non starting QB in his team although that appears to have been by design although its a bizzare decision at best.

But I don't think that actually counts as inactivity although perhaps it should.

either way its a pointless discussion hes not inactive as defined by the forum rules so that's that and nobody is arguing that he should be classed as inactive.

He will be relegated from his onfield performances anyway.

Playoff Brackets are now available in the league site

(1) Mike's Magicians - Bye
    (4) Dublin Blades v (5) The Nastys
    (3) Packer Whackers v (6) Spawn of Spongey
    (2) Dundalk Oriels - Bye

Four semi finalists are promoted

There is a consolation ladder for positions 7-12. The final rankings of each league take this consolation bracket into account if people want to finish as high as they can

The 4 relegated teams are
    13. Eagle Eye Patriots
    14. Corrigeen Crusaders
    15. Leitrim Gaels (removed completely)
    16. Muppeteers

looking forward to a shot at redemption versus the Nasty's this week. I certainly wont be benching Wilson for Flynn this week lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,638 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

How did Dublin Packers get a co-owner? Is this allowed?

eagle eye wrote: »
    How did Dublin Packers get a co-owner? Is this allowed?

That co owner was me. I had problems getting him into the league at the start of the season so took the team with my second account and then added him as a co owner to get him in the league. Not done anything about deleting my second account since then as i basically not thought about it

As for having co owners, I don't see the problem. Would prefer someone to Have a second owner look after their team if the are going to be inactive.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

(3) Packer Whackers v (6) Spawn of Spongey

Battle of the Bear fans( and Sligonians I guess...). Good luck, sir!

Oat23 wrote: »
    Battle of the Bear fans( and Sligonians I guess...). Good luck, sir!

Ha, good luck to you too. Bragging rights in Sligo at stake :D

Pleased with Johnson, disappointed with Tate

projections have it anybodies game. Interesting stuff mind you need to concentrate on my own game :D

timely return to form by my squad and revenge over the Nastys and promotion to the Premier all but complete. Roll on a semi final match with Mike next week.

I am glad that I got the bye. Would have had a terrible week this week.

I am glad that I got the bye. Would have had a terrible week this week.

I only managed to put up 148 pts this week had a bad one myself :cool::pac::p;):D

Cannot wait until Andre Brown beats you in the superbowl :)

Edit - Actually I probably won't play Brown if I get that far.

• Advertisement

Cannot wait until Andre Brown beats you in the superbowl :)

Edit - Actually I probably won't play Brown if I get that far.

why wouldn't you play your guy whos worth a WR1 :pac::p

He is up against the Lions run D. Who until last night (fecking Eagles :() have been unreal.

Wildcard results

Spawn of Spongey beats Packer Whackers 102.22-84.56 (Go McCown :D)
    Dublin Blades beats The Nastys 148.36-88.72

Both Blades & myself are promoted

Semi Final matches are set

Spongey plays Raoul and Mikemac plays D3PO

that was some fantasy performance by McCowan. I thought it was going to be so close and he made sure it wasn't

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Congrats, Spongey ;) Bears won and I would have taken that over a fantasy win anyway!

Disappointing year for me in fantasy. Missed out on promotion in this league and was relegated in the other. Didn't help that I had Doug Martin, Roddy White and Chris Ivory as starters :o

Just looking at the overall tables there.

Four of the top five highest scoring teams had winning records with me(3rd highest) being the only one not to have a winning record but when you look at the points against it shows a pretty clear picture that luck plays a huge part in a 16 team league. The 5 teams with the highest points against (me again 3rd) all had losing records.

Well its not just about being the highest scoring. It is about being the most consistent scorers. I didn't really have too many high scoring games but I was a consistent scorer. In fact I was the best coach in the league for getting my line up right. Have a look at the breakdown standings on the NFL site. Its fairly interesting.

And yes, lots of luck involved.

I would have been 8-5 based on that breakdown thing.

Through to the superbowl!! WOO!!

• Advertisement

well its a formality for Mike to beat me this evening. When your opponent racks up over 100 points from their first 5 guys to play with their lowest scorer getting over 14 points. You have just no chance of winning.

Id have comfortably beat the two teams in the other semi so that sucks :(

Well theres always next year in the Premier to go win it all.

I had a serious run of bad luck this weekend in my 3 leagues in the playoffs. Apart from coming up against Mike who will probably post above 150 pts this week or close to it.

My other two leagues I came up against Jamal Charles in both of them. Go figure.

Advertisement