Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 1 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

eagle eye wrote: »
    How the hell did I drop to no.12 on the waiver wire? I didn't get who I wanted and still drop down?

what waiver position did you start in ?

Only way you could be 12 is if you were 16 pre waiver because looks like you didn't pick anybody up and only 4 teams did use the waiver wire this week.

EDIT everything looks ok to me. Looking back at last week your pickup of Leonard Hankerson would have put you 15 on the waiver. 4 teams used the waiver this week but one of them was Dundalk Oriels who were already at #16 meaning you would move up 3 spots on the waiver wire to 12.

Everything looks as it should to me.

having no luck this season. Wilson being pulled with 20 plus mins of gametime left looks like it will cost me a win this week.

and im probably going to have one of the top 4 scores in the league for the second week in a row that ends in a defeat :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

D3PO wrote: »
    having no luck this season. Wilson being pulled with 20 plus mins of gametime left looks like it will cost me a win this week.

and im probably going to have one of the top 4 scores in the league for the second week in a row that ends in a defeat :(

You must be playing me so.
    I need about 6 0r 7 from Welker...

Sure I've had no luck either, scored reasonably well in the last two weeks, 99 and 86 and am 0-2.

Also, didn't have the balls to start Joique Bell ahead of Sproles. That's going to change going forward!

You must be playing me so.
    I need about 6 0r 7 from Welker...

Sure I've had no luck either, scored reasonably well in the last two weeks, 99 and 86 and am 0-2.

Also, didn't have the balls to start Joique Bell ahead of Sproles. That's going to change going forward!

I haven't scored less than 90 any week so from that perspective Im happy and surely luck must change. That said Im hoping Manning ignores Welker for Thomas, Thomas and Dekker or that whatever knock he has that had him on last weeks injury report flares up and takes him out of the matchup early.

well 1-2 now despite being the second highest scoring team in the league over the first 3 weeks and an overall head to head record of 35-10 :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,796 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'm 0-3 now with a combine losing total of under 5 points. They say things balance out, its going to be hard to balance that out. I stuck in Manning this week and it cost me because if I left Drew Brees in I'd have won my mathcup.

I'm the fifth highest scoring team.

going to use this post to keep track of inactives in Div 1 this season.

Leitrim Gaels Last Active, Sep 12, 11:27pm (wk4 play a wr on a bye and another IA)

Finally got my first win and it was a big one even with me benching Arian Foster and Tony Gonzalez who both score really big. Also left Brees on the bench this week and he outscored Peyton.

1-3 now and top scorer in the league overall. Hopefully I can get to .500 in two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,702 ✭✭✭Raoul

Finally got my first win and it was a big one even with me benching Arian Foster and Tony Gonzalez who both score really big. Also left Brees on the bench this week and he outscored Peyton.

1-3 now and top scorer in the league overall. Hopefully I can get to .500 in two weeks.

Just seen you are top scorer but still only won 1 game :(

Raoul wrote: »
    Just seen you are top scorer but still only won 1 game :(

being top scorer can be skewed though . I mean Ive outscored Eagle Eye in 3 of the 4 weeks but because he had a monster in Wk4 he has now outscored me cumulatively over the 4 weeks.

Big scoring is good but consistency is key.

• Advertisement

Incidentally only 1 of the top 6 teams in the breakdown table have a winning record from their 4 fantasy matchups. Been a lot of unlucky matchups with high score v high score

where as a lot of teams scraping wins with crappy overall scores. The cream should rise to the top over the course of the season though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

where as a lot of teams scraping wins with crappy overall scores

That's me :P

A very respectable 3-1 and my loss was by less then 1 point

Despite that decent win loss record I'm just 9th in overall scoring which is not so hot

going to use this post to keep track of inactives in Div 1 this season.

Leitrim Gaels Last Active, Sep 12, 11:27pm (wk4 play a wr on a bye and another IA)

Leitrim Gaels inactive again this week. So that's 2 strikes now

Leitrim Gaels inactive again this week. So that's 2 strikes now
    What do you mean by two strikes?

What do you mean by two strikes?

I mean towards being removed from div1 at the end of the year and getting removed from the boards pyramid completely / put back into the bottom division if signed back up for next season.

From the charter

4. Any players who go inactive for more than 3 weeks during the season will be disqualified from entering for the next season. (Within reason, if someone goes on holiday for three weeks that's fine as long as they mention it before they do.)

8. If a team is abandoned mid-season then the GM of the league will take control of that team. They will select the team each week purely going by NFL.com's 'Projected Points'. That team will not be allowed to take part in any trades, pick anyone up off waivers or drop players.

Essentially by the last active dates Leitrim Gaels should already be DQ'd for next season and taken over by the GM for lineup reasons but as the lst active doesn't always match up correctly if you don't make changes I think you have to give the benefit of the doubt.

However 2 more inactive weeks (don't have to be consecutive) and that's Leitrim Gaels gone and the league GM should be setting the team as per charter rule 8.

Will also mean only 3 teams go down (unless Leitrim are one of the 4 anyway) farcically enough looks like they might win this week despite being inactive.

On a separate note im a bit worried my 133.40 point total with my whole team in double digits bar one might not win me my match this week !!

will be watching Powell and Jones closely on MNF tonight. 28.84 points of a lead isn't a whole heap more than their combined weekly averages so far this season. Here's hoping Jones knee issues slow him down.

Looks very much like the best score got paired versus the second best score this week. Somebody will be unhappy tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

On a separate note im a bit worried my 133.40 point total with my whole team in double digits bar one might not win me my match this week !!

will be watching Powell and Jones closely on MNF tonight. 28.84 points of a lead isn't a whole heap more than their combined weekly averages so far this season. Here's hoping Jones knee issues slow him down.

Looks very much like the best score got paired versus the second best score this week. Somebody will be unhappy tomorrow.

Can't believe I've still a shot in this one. Looked to be over after the early games. 49ers D give me a shot going into tonight. You must of been raging they split Gores goal line work.

It's still a big ask and I reckon you'll get the win. If that's the case it'll be my second week in a row facing the top score team of that week. :mad:

Can't believe I've still a shot in this one. Looked to be over after the early games. 49ers D give me a shot going into tonight. You must of been raging they split Gores goal line work.

It's still a big ask and I reckon you'll get the win. If that's the case it'll be my second week in a row facing the top score team of that week. :mad:

yeah second week in a row they have split gores goalline work. 12 easy points missed. Hes still a great RB#2 to have behind Shady McCoy so I cant complain really.

I mean towards being removed from div1 at the end of the year and getting removed from the boards pyramid completely / put back into the bottom division if signed back up for next season.

From the charter

4. Any players who go inactive for more than 3 weeks during the season will be disqualified from entering for the next season. (Within reason, if someone goes on holiday for three weeks that's fine as long as they mention it before they do.)

8. If a team is abandoned mid-season then the GM of the league will take control of that team. They will select the team each week purely going by NFL.com's 'Projected Points'. That team will not be allowed to take part in any trades, pick anyone up off waivers or drop players.

Essentially by the last active dates Leitrim Gaels should already be DQ'd for next season and taken over by the GM for lineup reasons but as the lst active doesn't always match up correctly if you don't make changes I think you have to give the benefit of the doubt.

However 2 more inactive weeks (don't have to be consecutive) and that's Leitrim Gaels gone and the league GM should be setting the team as per charter rule 8.

Will also mean only 3 teams go down (unless Leitrim are one of the 4 anyway) farcically enough looks like they might win this week despite being inactive.
    Why did you post the one I highlighted there? It would never come into affect in this situation I imagine? I mean if he is gone for so long already then I don't think it would be fair that the team would be put in a better condition by the gm of the league. I think it would be grossly unfair as those who have already played his team are gaining an advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Why did you post the one I highlighted there? It would never come into affect in this situation I imagine? I mean if he is gone for so long already then I don't think it would be fair that the team would be put in a better condition by the gm of the league. I think it would be grossly unfair as those who have already played his team are gaining an advantage.

Full agreement with eagle eye here. I have no wish to take over a team. Unfortunately inactive players are a part of the game and really is the luck of the draw if you play an inactive team during bye weeks. I'm quite happy to kick them out of the leagues at the end of the year. Also by playing for an inactive owner you run the risk of getting that team to the playoffs and that wouldnt be fair to the genuine players

• Advertisement

Full agreement with eagle eye here. I have no wish to take over a team. Unfortunately inactive players are a part of the game and really is the luck of the draw if you play an inactive team during bye weeks. I'm quite happy to kick them out of the leagues at the end of the year. Also by playing for an inactive owner you run the risk of getting that team to the playoffs and that wouldnt be fair to the genuine players

I understand the argument but the charter was agreed to be applied to all leagues so tbh its not up for debate it has to be applied.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

I understand the argument but the charter was agreed to be applied to all leagues so tbh its not up for debate it has to be applied.

The guy is missing for a few games and you are calling it abandoned already? That rule was put in place for guys who take the piss and clearly never even logged in or just gave up. 3 gameweeks is actually only 2 weeks a its quite plausible for someone to miss 2 weeks and 3 games due to being away or just not around a pc. Although the rules are in place there is some sort of leniency.

Having said that though if it happens in the prem and there is a team not looked after I will also leave as is so everyone has the same fair shot at the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

TO. wrote: »
    Having said that though if it happens in the prem and there is a team not looked after I will also leave as is so everyone has the same fair shot at the team.

That actually happened last year in the Prem and the team was left as is and nobody cared.

yeah second week in a row they have split gores goalline work. 12 easy points missed. Hes still a great RB#2 to have behind Shady McCoy so I cant complain really.

Congrats on the W. Not even close in the end. The return of Goodson will damage Powell potential going forward :(

Hey guys. I'm back. I've been knee deep in pharmaceutical audit the last couple of weeks. I'll try keep an eye on my team more closely now.
    PS: the comeback is on

TO. wrote: »
    The guy is missing for a few games and you are calling it abandoned already? That rule was put in place for guys who take the piss and clearly never even logged in or just gave up. 3 gameweeks is actually only 2 weeks a its quite plausible for someone to miss 2 weeks and 3 games due to being away or just not around a pc. Although the rules are in place there is some sort of leniency.

Last login shows as a month ago which means last activity on the account was then. He may or may not have logged in since and not changed anything but yu have to draw the line somewhere.

So yeah Im saying if in two weeks time its the same then that would count as abandoned.

We all agreed the rules and we had a lengthy discussion charter point 8 and it was passed to do this. The rules have to be applied, if people aren't happy with them then the rules can be revisited at the end of the year but as it stands they have to be applied.

Anyway seems a moot point as hes just posted saying he will be back looking after his account now.

Congrats on the W. Not even close in the end. The return of Goodson will damage Powell potential going forward :(

cheers. The return of Goodson and now looks like you have lost Julio Jones for the season that has just smashed a big hole in your team. Unlucky

cheers. The return of Goodson and now looks like you have lost Julio Jones for the season that has just smashed a big hole in your team. Unlucky

Division 2 here I come. I have him in other main team with real life friends too so it's a real kick in the nuts. Got Nelson/DeShawn/Welker there so not all over yet but in a 16 man league losing a player of this quality is killer.

The NFL projections are pretty awful at times but this is the most ridiculous projection of all time.:D

qx10.png

• Advertisement

The NFL projections are pretty awful at times but this is the most ridiculous projection of all time.:D

qx10.png

Might as well not show up :D

Advertisement