Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 1 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Woods made another catch in that game which went for 19 but was called back by a penalty. He is going to be a big part of that offense, its just questionable how good that offense can be. I've no doubt though that he will be decent over the season, in fact I turned down a trade before the weekend which included Dez Bryant and a QB for Manning and Woods.

Somebody is going to be in a position in a couple of weeks where they have a QB averaging 15 ppg, a struggling TE and a couple of decent WRs. Its then that I'll be in a very strong position to make a trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭Raoul

Won my game by five points. Fairly happy with my squad but at 16th on the waiver wire I can't see myself improving it and bringing in the players i would like to.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

eagle eye wrote: »
    Woods made another catch in that game which went for 19 but was called back by a penalty. He is going to be a big part of that offense, its just questionable how good that offense can be. I've no doubt though that he will be decent over the season, in fact I turned down a trade before the weekend which included Dez Bryant and a QB for Manning and Woods.

Somebody is going to be in a position in a couple of weeks where they have a QB averaging 15 ppg, a struggling TE and a couple of decent WRs. Its then that I'll be in a very strong position to make a trade.

Id have refused that trade aswell TBH.

Im gonna follow this trade situation closely :D

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Pat the Patriot

I went from winning my Wk1 matchup to losing it overnight!!! Was there a stat re-adjustment or something??? V confused.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

You beat me but then the NFL have taken a sack from your Vikings defence

This subtracted 1 point and so you lost by 0.26

Sorry man

• Advertisement

it happens same thing happened to me two years ago and cost me a playoff spot as a result. sucks but what cest la vie

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Pat the Patriot

That explains it .... Devastated to lose by such a tight margin after a late stat change!!!! Ah well, roll on Wk2

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭mattman_iflaf

D3PO wrote: »
    Id feel much sorrier for Eagle Eye who lost by .60 points AND left Peyton Manning on the bench !!!!

I would feel sorry except I'm the one that beat him :)

Was winning with 8 minutes to go in Sunday Night Football

-2 points for the late Kaepernick pick and lost by around 0.5

Them's the breaks :(

I won my matchup by 2 points. Thanks to Boldin only getting 0.7 points for my opposition.

• Advertisement

Pretty sick, lost by less than a point for the second week running.

Pretty sick, lost by less than a point for the second week running.

That is sickening. Perhaps there will be a change in the stats later today and you will win.

Had a crappy showing by Gore and Wilson last night. With my opponent having Eddie 3 TD Royal I now need 17 points tonight from Gresham to win. Unlikely to happen but whilse theres hope who knows.

I wouldn't mind but Clay is backup RB had 17 points if I had him in instead of Gore Id be nearly home and hosed.

Pretty pissed that Seattle didn't run up the score I also had Hauska. So not kicking the field goal on 4th down cost me 3.3 points as the field goal and then 2 knees hiot me.

only 4 scores better than me but I lost. Them the breaks. At least nobody in my division moved to 2-0 so all 4 of us at 1-1

Roll on week 3

WTF is going on. NFL.Com had Charles Clay listed as RB.

Now I know he's not an RB but that's besides the point. You cant have somebody roster someone and then 2 weeks later change his position.

Now my roster is fu(ked as a result and I have to go change it. Joke

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Only two teams 2-0. Says a lot about how tight this league could prove to be.

D3PO wrote: »
    WTF is going on. NFL.Com had Charles Clay listed as RB.

Now I know he's not an RB but that's besides the point. You cant have somebody roster someone and then 2 weeks later change his position.

Now my roster is fu(ked as a result and I have to go change it. Joke

Is he a TE now?

Edit - Just seen he is a TE now. I don't see how you can have any complaints about the site. He is playing TE for the Dolphins, I think he was meant to be an RB at first but now is playing TE. Blame the Dolphins!

Only two teams 2-0. Says a lot about how tight this league could prove to be.

Three teams. And two in my division! I am one of them so not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Raoul wrote: »
    Three teams. And two in my division! I am one of them so not too bad.

My bad. Still quite low 100% records after just two weeks.

Lost by 0.58

I hope I get another stat correction in my favour to send me to 2-0 :D

Not the best way to win but I'll take it!

• Advertisement

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Lost by 0.58

I think its the best way to win!! Get your opponent riled up :)

Is he a TE now?

Edit - Just seen he is a TE now. I don't see how you can have any complaints about the site. He is playing TE for the Dolphins, I think he was meant to be an RB at first but now is playing TE. Blame the Dolphins!

They shouldn't reclassify a players position like that. I made a waiver transaction last week based on my roster information.

If he wasn't listed as a RB Id have hung onto my waiver spot knowing im gonna need a serviceable RB in the bye weeks and hope to do that by getting a RB off waivers when somebody's starter inevitably goes down.

So its screwed my tactics completely. Granted I played a sneaky one on the pickup but that's the reward I should get for spotting an opportunity in free agency and taking it.

Its doubly frustrating as if he was down as a TE last week Id have played him in my team and won my matchup....

Anyway rant over onwards and upwards.

Is he a TE now?

Its completely unfair to change the position of a player mid-season. If it was done before the season started thats fine but not after the draft. It makes a mockery of the draft if you do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 TheLongRun

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Lost by 0.58

haha I wouldn't begrudge it! To be honest I went to bed on Sunday writing the matchup off when you had Kap still to play!

TheLongRun wrote: »
    haha I wouldn't begrudge it! To be honest I went to bed on Sunday writing the matchup off when you had Kap still to play!

Kaepernick had won the matchup for me with 8 minutes to go

Late interception cost me 2 points :(

Its completely unfair to change the position of a player mid-season. If it was done before the season started thats fine but not after the draft. It makes a mockery of the draft if you do that.

What if Tebow had become a Fb or Te? Should he have stayed a QB?

I know it's crap that the position has changed but you shouldn't be able to play a Te in the Rb position so I think they are right to change him to TE.

What if Tebow had become a Fb or Te? Should he have stayed a QB?

I know it's crap that the position has changed but you shouldn't be able to play a Te in the Rb position so I think they are right to change him to TE.
    Ok lets put it simply,

I do up my draft ranking list and I take two running backs early in the draft. During the season one starts playing QB and the other goes to TE, the NFL change their positions and I end up with no running backs and no chance of getting a good one because I'm in a 16 team league. How is that fair?

Ok lets put it simply,

I do up my draft ranking list and I take two running backs early in the draft. During the season one starts playing QB and the other goes to TE, the NFL change their positions and I end up with no running backs and no chance of getting a good one because I'm in a 16 team league. How is that fair?

Its not fair really. But it's not the sites fault. You arent allowed to play players out of position. Like I totally understand why you would be annoyed and I would be furious if it happened to me. Just think it's very unlucky. Now if he was a te from the start and NFL.com got it wrong that is a different story.

Anyway.. Not trying to fall out over it. Unfortunately nothing can be done for the unlucky person

I just wanted to rant about it. Nothing can be done but really if a team designates a player in a certain spot which is what NFL.COM work off it should be set in stone after the draft.

FWIW Clay has more rushing TD's than Receiving TD's this year so clearly RB should be his official designation ;) :P

• Advertisement

How the hell did I drop to no.12 on the waiver wire? I didn't get who I wanted and still drop down?

Advertisement