Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 1 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

D3PO wrote: »
    good stuff was going to do the same myself but saves me the hassle if your gonna do it.

can you advise what is the tie breaker situation ?

Head 2 head
    then
    Points scored

The settings are head to head then I think its division record then points scored. I will think head to head will sort most tiebreakers out

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

The settings are head to head then I think its division record then points scored. I will think head to head will sort most tiebreakers out

yeah it should do but you could have wildcard spots where tied teams haven't actually played each other.

Not sure why points scored is so low in the list of priorities, divisional record penalizes the more competitive divisions potentially.

anyway if that's the boards global setting its the global setting.

yeah it should do but you could have wildcard spots where tied teams haven't actually played each other.

Not sure why points scored is so low in the list of priorities, divisional record penalizes the more competitive divisions potentially.

I was checking the overall rules on nfl.com. the only option is the first tiebreaker which is set to head to head. After that in leagues where there is divisions its set to division record then points scored. Luck of the draw really which division is competitive at the start of the season

I did a few calculations based on projected results and luckily there was a head to head for tied wildcard teams. There is only 2 teams each team doesnt play so odds are in our favour that a head to head exists

I was checking the overall rules on nfl.com. the only option is the first tiebreaker which is set to head to head. After that in leagues where there is divisions its set to division record then points scored. Luck of the draw really which division is competitive at the start of the season

I did a few calculations based on projected results and luckily there was a head to head for tied wildcard teams. There is only 2 teams each team doesnt play so odds are in our favour that a head to head exists

• Advertisement

Well I couldn't help myself tbh :D no team has booked their playoff berth just yet although some are on the verge of doing so.

Ive not bothered doing the permutations for relegation but essentially every team is either still in the playoff hunt or relegation battle.

Mikes Magicians 8-3
    The Nastys 8-3
    Dublin Packers 7-4
    Eagle Eye Patriots 4-7

Packer Whackers 7-4
    The Wildcats 5-6
    Golden Nuggets 3-8
    Muppeteers 2-9

Dundalk Oriels 8-3
    Spawn of Spongey 7-4
    Donnottar Dare Devils 5-6
    Leitrim Gaels 3-8

Dublin Blades 7-4
    Dillon Panthers 7-4
    Super Best Friends 4-7
    Corrigeen Crusaders 3-8

Division Leaders

Dundalk Oriels 8-3
    Mikes Magicians 8-3
    Dublin Blades 7-4
    Packer Whackers 7-4

Wildcards

The Nastys 8-4
    Spawn of Spongey 7-4

In the hunt

Dillon Panthers 7-4
    Dublin Packers 7-4
    The Wildcats 5-6

(although 5-6 Donnater Dare Devils h2h record prevents them from having a mathematical chance of making the playoffs they however could still be relegated)

This weeks permutations (playoff berths)

Mikes Magicians can clinch a playoff berth with a win v Donnater Dare Devlics and a loss by the Nastys v Dillon Panthers

Packer Whackers can clinch a playoff berth with a win or tie over Muppeteers or a Wildcats loss or tie to Eagle Eye Patriots. IF Packer Whackers lose and the Wildcards win they will have a winner take all game in Week 14.

Dundalk Oriels can clinch a playoff berth with a win v Corrigeen Crusaders or a loss by Spawn of Spongey v Dublin Blades

Dublin Blades can clinch a playoff berth with a win v Spawn of Spongey and Dillon Panthers losing to Super Best Friends

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Donnotar Dare Devils are basically here to spoil the party*

*Too good to go down ....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭Raoul

Looks like I need you to give me a hand this week D3PO.

Well since i went to the bother of typing this last night i may as well post it even though D3PO beat me to it :cool:

Current Playoff Seedings
    1. Mike’s Magicians (8-3) Rem games: Donottar Dare Devils & Leitrim Gaels
    2. Dundalk Oriels (8-3) Rem games: Corrigeen Crusaders & Eagle Eye Patriots
    3. Dublin Blades (7-4) Rem games: Spawn of Spongey & The Nastys
    4. Packer Whackers (7-4) Rem games: Muppeteers & The Wildcats
    5. The Nastys (8-3) Rem games: Dillon Panthers & Dublin Blades
    6. Dublin Packers (7-4) Rem games: Golden Nuggets & Donottar Dare Devils

In the mix
    7. Spawn of Spongey (7-4) Rem games: Dublin Blades & Corrigeen Crusaders
    8. Dillon Panthers (7-4) Rem games: The Nastys & Super Best Friends
    9. The Wildcats (5-6) Rem games: Eagle Eye Patriots & Packer Whackers

Division 1: This is a three way battle for the division. Mike’s Magicians and The Nastys are currently tied at the top with Dublin Packers one game back. Mike’s Magicians will win the division with 2 wins from his last 2 games as he owns the tiebreaker with The Nastys courtesy of his 0.26 pt Week 1 win over The Nastys. The Nastys will win the division if he wins both his last 2 games and Mike’s Magicians loses once. Dublin Packers will win the division if he betters the number of wins of both Mike’s Magicians and The Nastys over the last 2 games by virtue of the fact he has beaten both Mike’s Magicians and The Nastys over the regular season.

Division 2: Packer Whackers currently hold a 2 game lead over The Wildcats at the top of the division with 2 games to play. Packer Whackers will win the division with 1 win or 1 loss by The Wildcats. The Wildcats will win the division with 2 wins along with 2 losses by Packer Whackers. The tiebreaker between the two teams will be the Week 13 showdown between the teams.

Division 3: Dundalk Oriels hold a 1 game lead over Spawn of Spongey with 2 games to play. Dundalk Oriels will win the division with 1 win as he holds the tiebreaker over Spawn of Spongey with his Week 10 win. Spawn of Spongey will win the division with 2 wins along with 2 losses by Dundalk Oriels

Division 4: This is a straight shoot out between Dublin Blades and Dillon Panthers who are tied at the top. Dublin Blades holds the tiebreaker over Dillon Panthers by virtue of his Week 5 win over Dillon Panthers. Dublin Blades will win the division if he matches the number of wins of Dillon Panthers over the last 2 weeks. Dillon Panthers will win the division if he betters the number of wins of Dublin Blades over the last 2 weeks.

Wildcard: The race for the wildcard is very tight. The Nastys currently occupy the first wildcard spot with an 8-3 record. There is a three way tie for the second wildcard spot between Dublin Packers, Spawn of Spongey and Dillon Panthers at 7-4. Based on head to head tiebreakers the spot goes to Dublin Packers at the moment by virtue of the fact he has 1-0 record against the other two whilst Spawn of Spongey has a 1-1 record and Dillon Panthers has a 0-1 record for the purposes of the head to head tiebreaker. Donottar Dare Devils can still get to 7 wins but since they have a far inferior head to head against the teams currently there they will not be able to grab the final wildcard spot.
    To outline possible scenarios is too complicated with the race tight as it is and the possiblility of current division leaders getting involved. I will however put up better scenarios before the final regular season game in Week 13

Raoul wrote: »
    Looks like I need you to give me a hand this week D3PO.

That just isn't going to happen unfortunately. Im without Wilson, McCoy, Jackson & Houscha this week.

Id need an Auburn v Goergia type miracle to win this week.

• Advertisement

great post Spongey.

One thing of question hense why my scenario is a little different than you. Spongey, Packers & Panthers will not all play each other this season.

So ive made the assumption that h2h cannot be used as one team has played both sides and the other two have only played 1 side meaning a comparative 3 way head to head cannot be calculated and therefore the tiebreaker will be points for.

I could be wrong but logically unless theres a head to head to head I cant see how a partial head to head can be used to calculate.

Of course theres the possibility some of these sides could end up winning their divison and the wildcard h2h change completely for next week lol. Realy too many permutations right now :D

great post Spongey.

One thing of question hense why my scenario is a little different than you. Spongey, Packers & Panthers will not all play each other this season.

So ive made the assumption that h2h cannot be used as one team has played both sides and the other two have only played 1 side meaning a comparative 3 way head to head cannot be calculated and therefore the tiebreaker will be points for.

I could be wrong but logically unless theres a head to head to head I cant see how a partial head to head can be used to calculate.

Of course theres the possibility some of these sides could end up winning their divison and the wildcard h2h change completely for next week lol. Realy too many permutations right now :D

There is way too many permutations, thats why i couldn't go into it further. It should clear up after this week

With regards to the H2H, i assumed that partial H2H can be used if all 3 teams havent played each other. I have played the two teams and have a .500 record. Dublin Packers played me and not the Dillon Panthers and has a 1.000 record. He's the one being showed as the #6 seed so i assume its the correct way

If H2H doesn't work for some reason, do Triple D have an outside chance of the play offs?

If H2H doesn't work for some reason, do Triple D have an outside chance of the play offs?

If we ignore H2H then you would need to win your last 2, hope Dublin Packers, Dillon Panthers & myself lose both games and then outscore myself and Dillon by 70 odd points over the 2 weeks.

If we ignore H2H then you would need to win your last 2, hope Dublin Packers, Dillon Panthers & myself lose both games and then outscore myself and Dillon by 70 odd points over the 2 weeks.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

No 1 seed :cool:

Thank you Nick Foles for rescuing my season!!

mikemac1 wrote: »
    No 1 seed :cool:

Thank you Nick Foles for rescuing my season!!

Right now .... you could drop all the way to 6 or even out of the playoffs yet. Although the fact your facing Leitrim Gaels in Week 13 means that your essentially already in

Oh and the Eagles are on a bye this week :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Battling bravely but tiebreaks mean I'll have to win out to have any chance. Going to be tough this week against the nastys with AJ on the bye. Bye's shouldn't be allowed this late in the fantasy season :o

An update on scores involving playoff hunt teams before the final 49ers/Redskins match tonight

1. Mike's Magicians (8-3) has beaten Donottar Dare Devils as he has a 23.52pt lead with Kaepernick still to play for him. He goes to 9-3 and keeps the number one seed going into the last week. They will also secure a playoff spot.

2. Dundalk Oriels (8-3) is currently down 20pts to Corrigeen Crusaders. Dundalk has RG3 to play whilst Corrigeen has Roy Helu still to play. Big game needed by RG3 to get the win here

3. Dublin Blades (7-4) is currently down 18.8pts to Spawn of Spongey:D with only Frank Gore to play for the Blades. Gonna be a tight one

4. Packer Whackers (7-4) is currently down 11.08pts to Muppeteers who has Santana Moss to play. Packer Whackers though has a bye week kicker in his lineup so will most likely lose this matchup. Whackers main rival for the Division is The Wildcats who lead by 28.16pts over Eagle Eye Patriots. Eagle Eye however has Mario Manningham & Vernon Davis to play so all is not lost. It looks however that this division is going down to the final week matchup between Packer Whackers & The Wildcats

5. The Nastys (8-3) lead Dillon Panthers by 39.90pts with Pierre Garcon still to play. Dillon has Josh Morgan & the 49ers Defence to play but will need monster performances to overcome this. A win for The Nastys will secure a playoff spot.

6. Dublin Packers (7-4) are down 7.54pts to Golden Nuggets and are all done. The Nuggets have the Redskins defence so anything above -8 from them will secure the win.

7. Spawn of Spongey (7-4) as mentioned above is 18.80pts up on Dublin Blades with Frank Gore to play for the Blades

8. Dillon Panthers (7-4) as mentioned above is 39.90pts down to The Nastys with a mountain to climb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

If I secure a bye week then I am guaranteed top 4

Which equals promotion :)

• Advertisement

I had written this week off prior to the season in my draft strategy. Its a miracle I'm actually in with a chance to win with such a bad score but a big game by Gore and I secure a playoff spot.

Kansas's defense getting me -3 points could be a back breaker.

129 yards and a TD for Gore versus porous Skins defense. Its gonna be mighty close in my book.

mikemac1 wrote: »
    If I secure a bye week then I am guaranteed top 4

Which equals promotion :)

Very true. The two top seeds will have byes and be in the final four which are the four teams getting promoted

I had written this week off prior to the season in my draft strategy. Its a miracle I'm actually in with a chance to win with such a bad score but a big game by Gore and I secure a playoff spot.

Kansas's defense getting me -3 points could be a back breaker.

129 yards and a TD for Gore versus porous Skins defense. Its gonna be mighty close in my book.

A very poor score from both of us. I really havent helped my own cause this week. I had added McCown with the intention of starting him but forgot to change lineup before Thursday night and Ryan was stuck there. Only 6 points difference but it could mean a lot after tonight. I was lucky i checked my teams score yesterday as i wouldnt have spotted i had the Bills as my defence and they were in a bye. Only team i could get was Colts to replace them. If i had looked earlier i could have gotten the Steelers.

Im projected for a 1.1pt win but who believes NFLs projections

A very poor score from both of us. I really havent helped my own cause this week. I had added McCown with the intention of starting him but forgot to change lineup before Thursday night and Ryan was stuck there. Only 6 points difference but it could mean a lot after tonight. I was lucky i checked my teams score yesterday as i wouldnt have spotted i had the Bills as my defence and they were in a bye. Only team i could get was Colts to replace them. If i had looked earlier i could have gotten the Steelers.

Im projected for a 1.1pt win but who believes NFLs projections

I was going to be evil and pick up every FA defense and drop them to put them all on Waivers when at 6.30 I saw you still have the Bills inbut decided that would be a very sly thing to do.

Maybe I should have !!

I was going to be evil and pick up every FA defense and drop them to put them all on Waivers when at 6.30 I saw you still have the Bills inbut decided that would be a very sly thing to do.

Maybe I should have !!

Do you watch the league?

Do you watch the league?

Not sure what you mean ?

Not sure what you mean ?

havent seen this season yet but those sort of tactics you mentioned are very much at home in the league :D

havent seen this season yet but those sort of tactics you mentioned are very much at home in the league :D

Well given I'm awaiting an email from you re the dynasty league I said I'd better not.

If it was somebody else Id probably have done it :D:D

Not sure what you mean ?

Its an american tv league. This tactic was just discussed/ridiculed in the last episode so thought thats why you were saying it.

• Advertisement

Its an american tv league. This tactic was just discussed/ridiculed in the last episode so thought thats why you were saying it.

ah never heard of it might google it though. Its sly alright but rules are made to be bent right ? My consciousness got the better of me but if it happened to me I couldn't argue.

Everybody has a shot on waivers to make their change if they make the tactical decision to keep their waiver priority to pick up an FA to plug a gap they cant complain if the end up getting caught out as a result of it.

Advertisement