Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 1 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,698 ✭✭✭Raoul

Stop trying to make yourself feel better (I know you didn't do it). It is a sneaky move! ha.

And I was definitely right about Andre Brown being a RB1.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Raoul wrote: »
    Stop trying to make yourself feel better (I know you didn't do it). It is a sneaky move! ha.

And I was definitely right about Andre Brown being a RB1.

well byes are done for the year so wont get a chance to do it now lol

Yeah pity the trade deadline is gone your right though he is an RB1 on his body of work the past 3 weeks.

D3PO wrote: »
    well byes are done for the year so wont get a chance to do it now lol

Yeah pity the trade deadline is gone your right though he is an RB1 on his body of work the past 3 weeks.

Can't help but feel that that was in jest due to it being such a short timespan.

Can't help but feel that that was in jest due to it being such a short timespan.

Na Im not that funny. :cool:

well playoff picture a lot clearer now with some teams stamping their places this weekend.

Mike Magicians & The Nastys have both stamped a place from Div 1 however who gets top spot and who gets a wildcard is still to be decided. To be honest though Mike has essentially sown up the #1 seed as they play Leitrim gaels next week and you cant see an inactive beating them tbh.

The Wildcats & Packers Whackers from Div2 will face off in a winner takes all loser takes none clash next week. No wildcard can come from this division.

Div3 is still up for grabs with Spongey & Dundalk both 8-4 and currently both occupying playoff spots. The equation is simple if they win their last games they both get in. Dundalk owns the tiebreaker so they are in pole position to top the group.

Div 4 Dublin Blades and Dillon Panthers will battle it out for the automatic place. If Dublin Blades win they are in or a loss by Dillon Panthers will see them in too. Dillon Panthers need to win and for Dublin Blades to lose to win the group however a win could see them get the final wildcard spot if results go their way. Dublin Blades cannot make the wildcard spots and can only get in by topping their division.

The other side still in contention is Dublin Packers they are only in play for a wildcard and must win next week to be in the mix for that.

Im sure spongey will break down the possible tie break scenarios

• Advertisement

RG3 absolutely killing me last night!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Im sure spongey will break down the possible tie break scenarios

Was waiting for the league tables to update before i posted anything. Will get something up later today

Was waiting for the league tables to update before i posted anything. Will get something up later today

lazy git :pac:

One week to go and things are tight. Here’s how things play out during week 13
    Current Playoff Positions
    1. Mike’s Magicians (9-3, Last game v Leitrim Gaels)
    2. Dundalk Oriels (8-4, Last game v Eagle Eye Patriots)
    3. Dublin Blades (7-5, Last game v The Nastys)
    4. Packer Whackers (7-5, Last game v The Wildcats)
    5. The Nastys (9-3, Last game v Dublin Blades)
    6. Spawn of Spongey (8-4, Last game v Corrigeen Crusaders)
    In the hunt
    7. Dublin Packers (7-5, Last game v Donottar Dare Devils)
    8. Dillon Panthers (7-5, Last game v Super Best Friends)
    9. The Wildcats (6-6, Last game v Packer Whackers)

Here is a team by team guide to their playoff chances
    1. Mike’s Magicians: A win (or loss by The Nastys) will secure the division title and a first round bye. If they lose and The Nastys win then Mike’s Magicians will secure a wildcard spot.
    2. Dundalk Oriels: A win (or loss by Spawn of Spongey) will secure the division. A win will guarantee a first round bye. A loss may still guarantee a first round bye if Packer Whackers, Spawn of Spongey, Dublin Blades & Dillon Panthers all lose. A loss and a win by Spawn of Spongey will put Dundalk in the mix for the final wildcard spot. The only possibilities of teams that can tie with Dundalk for that final wildcard spot are Dublin Packers & Dillon Panthers. Dundalk will win the tiebreaker with the Dublin Packers but lose the tiebreaker with Dillon Panthers and both teams together.
    3. Dublin Blades: A win (or loss by Dillon Panthers) will secure the division. They have an outside chance of a first round bye with a win and losses by Dundalk Oriels and Spawn of Spongey. A loss and a win by Dillon Panthers will mean elimination.
    4. Packer Whackers: A win against The Wildcats will secure the division. They have an outside chance of a first round bye with a win and losses by Dundalk Oriels, Spawn of Spongey & Dublin Blades.
    5. The Nastys: Already guaranteed a playoff spot. A win and a loss by Mike’s Magicians will secure them the division and a first round bye.
    6. Spawn of Spongey: A win and a loss by Dundalk Oriels will secure them the division and a first round bye. A win guarantees a wildcard spot at the least. A loss will put Spongey in the mix for the final wildcard spot. The only possibilities of teams that can tie with Spongey are also Dublin Packers & Dillon Panthers. Spongey will win the tiebreaker with the Dillon Panthers but lose the tiebreaker with Dublin Packers and both teams together.
    7. Dublin Packers: Cannot win the division but a win will put them in the mix for the final wildcard spot. The only teams that can tie with Dublin Packers are Dillon Panthers and one of either Dundalk Oriels or Spawn of Spongey. Dublin Packers will win the tiebreaker with Spawn of Spongey and Spawn of Spongey & Dillon Panthers but will lose the tiebreaker with Dundalk Oriels and Dundalk Oriels & Dillon Panthers. A loss will mean elimination.
    8. Dillon Panthers: A win and a loss by Dublin Blades will secure them the division. They have an outside chance of a first round bye with a win and losses by Dundalk Oriels, Spawn of Spongey & Dublin Blades. A win and a win by Dublin Blades will put them in the mix for the final wildcard spot. The only teams that can tie with Dillon Panthers are Dublin Packers and one of either Dundalk Oriels or Spawn of Spongey. Dillon Panthers will win the tiebreaker against Dundalk Oriels and Dundalk Oriels & Dublin Packers but will lose the tiebreaker witH Spawn of Spongey and Spawn of Spongey & Dublin Packers. A loss means elimination.
    9. The Wildcats: A win against Packer Whackers will secure the division. A loss means elimination.

Lets hope I’m not wrong with all this :D

2. Dundalk Oriels: A win (or loss by Spawn of Spongey) will secure the division. A win will guarantee a first round bye. A loss may still guarantee a first round bye if Packer Whackers, Spawn of Spongey, Dublin Blades & Dillon Panthers all lose. A loss and a win by Spawn of Spongey will put Dundalk in the mix for the final wildcard spot. The only possibilities of teams that can tie with Dundalk for that final wildcard spot are Dublin Packers & Dillon Panthers. Dundalk will win the tiebreaker with the Dublin Packers but lose the tiebreaker with Dillon Panthers and both teams together.

:confused::confused::confused:

Its soooo close!!! Stupid RG3!!

• Advertisement

Lets hope I’m not wrong with all this :D

I worked out the exact same permutations so your not wrong :)

Bizarrely I can get the 2nd or 3rd seed but cannot get 1st, 4th, 5th or 6th

• Registered Users Posts: 13 TheLongRun

Great end to the season, still wide open going into the last week!

Corrigeen Crusaders any chance you could field a team this week??? I need a little bit of help

EDIT - Well actually just stick in a QB.

Corrigeen Crusaders any chance you could field a team this week??? I need a little bit of help

EDIT - Well actually just stick in a QB.

Sshhhh no helping :D I think Terrelle Pryor is a great starting QB :P

He's been active all season anyway so i'd say he'll change it before tonight

ive made either an inspired or insane change to my starting lineup. Dropping Russell Wilson and playing Matt Flynn instead.

I probably need to be locked in a padded room but Im expecting a shootout in Detroit and Seattle to run a lot against the Saints only time will tell but if I miss the playoffs because of this I can only blame myself.

Sshhhh no helping :D I think Terrelle Pryor is a great starting QB :P

He's been active all season anyway so i'd say he'll change it before tonight
    He played Pryor last week against me and I still lost :D

ive made either an inspired or insane change to my starting lineup. Dropping Russell Wilson and playing Matt Flynn instead.

I probably need to be locked in a padded room but Im expecting a shootout in Detroit and Seattle to run a lot against the Saints only time will tell but if I miss the playoffs because of this I can only blame myself.

Whats the Saints D like against the run? Seattle I think run the most out of anyone in the league. So if the Saints D isn't great against the run then its a good play.

Lions have one of the best run Ds about and their secondary is awful. So I don't think its a crazy call.

Whats the Saints D like against the run? Seattle I think run the most out of anyone in the league. So if the Saints D isn't great against the run then its a good play.

Lions have one of the best run Ds about and their secondary is awful. So I don't think its a crazy call.

Saints don't have a great run D weather is forcasted to be crappy too. Its not a crazy call I guess but its hard to drop a guy whos been a banker 20 plus point player all year :o:o

Quick! Durham or Patterson?

Durham got 6.80 points. Probably should have went with him.

Good to see I might not win my division due to some guy not being arsed to play to the end. Cheers!!

hoping to back my way into the playoffs. Ive all but lost this weeks game so relying on Super Best Friends to beat Dillon Panthers. they lead by 33.1 against Eli, Nicks and Hartley and have Golden Tate to hopefully cushion that lead.

Come on Super !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Will need a Nicks TD to make things interesting. Only reason I'm staying up for the start of this one.

well it appears that Im all but certain to top Division 4 now and back into the playoffs on the back of 2 defeats in a row with my two lowest scoring outputs of the season.

Its the wrong time for my guys to go cold but on the plus side a lot of the matchups for my guys in the playoffs are favourable.

Looks like I will have a repeat of this weeks matchup against the Nasty's too :) Bring it on.

I managed to secure a bye in the playoffs. Excellent.

Congrats to Raul & Mike on their byes / auto promotion to the premier league next season.

Congrats to Raul & Mike on their byes / auto promotion to the premier league next season.

Do we get autopromotion? Wahey:D.

Two promotions in three years. :)

Do we get autopromotion? Wahey:D.

Yes you do. You will be joined by the two wildcard round winners in the prem next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

The Nastys must be cursing they were assigned to division 1. Group of death!!

10-3 record gets the 5th seed as I hold the tiebreaker

Actually I lost that matchup but the league did a correction and his Vikings defence lost one sack so -1
    I was given the win by less then a point 98.68 - 98.42

Jaysus, promotions getting decided by fractions and corrections, every point counts!

that's fantasy football for ya.

Its official it was an insane change. -0.04 for Flynn good job by me.

I also put Jordan Reed in to start only for him to be a last minute scratch in the late game meaning I couldn't sub somebody in for him.

I actually made every possible balls up of my lineup this week as I just didn't like the look of my matchups at all and will still back into the playoffs. Id rather get that rubbish out of my system now though.

I have some great matchups in the playoffs though and will have a rematch v the Nasty's next week with no messing of my team and much more favourable matchups so Im actually very confident of getting the W.

• Advertisement

Just a relegation update.

The following look like going down (pending any inactives in the prem)

Muppeteers 3-10
    Leitrim Gaels 4-9 (Inactive kicked from the leagues)
    Corrigeen Crusaders 4-9
    Eagle Eyed Patriots 4-9

Advertisement