Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 1 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

I'm on NFL.com league page no seeing anything about where draft is being performed...

go to your team page.
    You will see a big yellow button saying 'ENTER DRAFT'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

I'm on NFL.com league page no seeing anything about where draft is being performed...

Should be big button saying league is drafting. You got number 1 pick too

I forgot to draft a kicker. Can I sign one before the beginning of the season?

Yes, you just need to drop someone. I think the Waiver Wire opens over the weekend.
    You will have to wait til then.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Yes, you just need to drop someone. I think the Waiver Wire opens over the weekend.
    You will have to wait til then.

waiver wire is already open. No transaction will clear until Thursday though

• Advertisement

D3PO wrote: »
    waiver wire is already open. No transaction will clear until Thursday though

This is true, but if you claim someone and wait for it to clear Thursday, you end up using up your wire position on a kicker in this case? :-)

This is true, but if you claim someone and wait for it to clear Thursday, you end up using up your wire position on a kicker in this case? :-)

correct. But you said the waiver wire wasn't open not Free Agency wasn't open ;)

Free Agency wont be open till gameday after the waiver wire clears AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭mattman_iflaf

So I went into my team sheet this morning to ensure week 1 selections are good... and there's a completely different team to the one I drafted on monday night !!!

WTF !!

I distinctly remember drafting:
    QB1 : Tom Brady
    QB2 : Matthew Stafford
    RB1 : Arian Foster
    RB2 : Stevan Rideley
    RB3 : Rashard Mendenthal
    RB4 : Ben Tate (handcuffing to Arian Foster)
    etc

Yet the team I'm seeing within the boards1 page is completely different

QB1: Andy Dalton
    QB2: Terelle Pryor
    RB1 : Adrian Peterson
    RB2 : Ahmad Bradshaw
    RB3 : Jonathan Franklin
    RB4 : Roy Helu
    etc..

Access to draft results are there but they are not refelective at all of the players I actually picked on the night !!!

Can someone please explain this to me... or am I really unwell and seeing things this morning, surely other people have a similar issue !!

cheers

Matt

I see nothing wrong with my team.

I drafted Stafford in the 5th at position 70 and I see him in my team.

None of my players have changed.

Are you looking at the right League? Are you in two NFL.com leagues?

Yes NFL.com leagues boards Division 1.... It's the only league I am a member of on NFL.com, so yeah pretty sure about the league.

No idea what happened must have been some sort of glitch with the Live Draft application, I definitely didn't draft any of the players I ended up with... very very strange

Sort of ruins it a little bit to be honest, I might as well have not drafted....

• Advertisement

OK figured it out... sort of......

Firstly I thought I was losing it, after the draft I hit rate my team :
    http://genius.fantasy.nfl.com/ticket/390730/

So proves I did make those selections...

On closer inspection on NFL.com looks like I am in another league : NFL Managed 2....etc..

The Draft I did turned out to be for this league, how I joined it I've no idea !!

So looks like I did default draft on Boards Division 1... which sucks big time....... No happy... reckon I'll be getting demoted end of this season ... sigh

Apologies for spam....

OK figured it out... sort of......

On closer inspection on NFL.com looks like I am in another league : NFL Managed 2....etc..

The Draft I did turned out to be for this league, how I joined it I've no idea !!

You clearly clicked draft now rather than going into Boards Div 1 and clicking the link to enter the draft.

You should have twigged it fairly sharpish TBH as those leagues wouldn't be 16 team drafts.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'm offering Peyton Manning plus a wr for an elite wr and a decent QB.

Ouch Eagle Eye. Leaving Peyton Manning on the bench last night must have hurt.

Ouch Eagle Eye. Leaving Peyton Manning on the bench last night must have hurt.
    We'll see, I don't expect Brees to do as well as that but he could still have a pretty big score.

Anyways I gotta say I'm shocked nobody sent me an offer of a trade. I'm gonna have to rethink which QB to trade now.

Got the W and still two players to play.:cool:

Im 8.4 points behind currently but still have Shady McCoy & DeSean Jackson left versus Bullock the Houston kicker.

Im confident but its gonna be a close run thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Lost by 0.74 :mad:

Fair enough if my opponent hammers me but these tight losses are upsetting

There was an even tighter score then this in the division.

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Lost by 0.74 :mad:

Fair enough if my opponent hammers me but these tight losses are upsetting

There was an even tighter score then this in the division.

Id feel much sorrier for Eagle Eye who lost by .60 points AND left Peyton Manning on the bench !!!!

Im 8.4 points behind currently but still have Shady McCoy & DeSean Jackson left versus Bullock the Houston kicker.

Im confident but its gonna be a close run thing.

was right to be confident turned into an easy win :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Top of the league and top of the waiver wire :cool:

I rejected a trade proposal this morning.

No one got a email to say I accepted it did they (I didnt anyway)? I always get nervous when I reject on mobile apps....should really just keep it to computer.

I had a decent week, cleared 100 points but still lost! Some monster scores around this week across all leagues!

I rejected a trade proposal this morning.

No one got a email to say I accepted it did they (I didnt anyway)? I always get nervous when I reject on mobile apps....should really just keep it to computer.

I had a decent week, cleared 100 points but still lost! Some monster scores around this week across all leagues!

what was the trade proposal out of curiosity ?

Top of the league and top of the waiver wire :cool:

who you gonna nab off the WW this week so ? :)

what was the trade proposal out of curiosity ?

Ah, I can't say. That's private stuff. :-)
    But its just not a player I wanted to give up.

Ah, I can't say. That's private stuff. :-)
    But its just not a player I wanted to give up.

go on I fancy a laugh :D

I lost, leaving Manning on the bench cost me, was sure I was going to win my game as I had Foster and Woodhead left but they only managed 9 points between then so I lose by under a point. Sick.

Things worked out well enough though with Edelman doing his thing and Robert Woods too. Just need one of my three other young receivers to step up and I'm confident that at least one will. To have Manning and Brees leaves me in a really comfortable position as I can trade one at any time. I'm going to wait though until some injuries occur and I can score myself an elite fantasy player in a trade like that.

eagle eye wrote: »
    I lost, leaving Manning on the bench cost me, was sure I was going to win my game as I had Foster and Woodhead left but they only managed 9 points between then so I lose by under a point. Sick.

Things worked out well enough though with Edelman doing his thing and Robert Woods too. Just need one of my three other young receivers to step up and I'm confident that at least one will. To have Manning and Brees leaves me in a really comfortable position as I can trade one at any time. I'm going to wait though until some injuries occur and I can score myself an elite fantasy player in a trade like that.

Im not so sure Manning or Brees as elite as they are have as much trade currency for you as you think.

Doing a quick assessment of the depth charts in the league I cant see too many real trade possibilities.

Dillon Panthers who have Eli & Alex Smith but they only have 2 starting RB's so that's not an option and they have only 4 wideouts the only one you would want is AJ Green which means they have to put Quick in their WR lineup.

Id rather have Eli or Smith with AJ Green in my starting team than Brees/Manning & Quick in it.

Golden Nuggets have only 2 staring RB's so no option there and have 4 not so elite WR's certainly nothing that you would trade for.

The Wildcats have only 2 starting RB's and if they traded you Marshall they would have to put Rod Streater in their WR lineup

Id much rather have Cutler & Marshall than Brees/Manning & Streater

Same with Dublin Packers if they gave up Larry Fitz they would have to put Kenny Stills into their lineup.

Id rather have Newton and Larry Fitz than Brees/Manning and Stills

Packer Whackers is a potential alright. With Smith, Bowe, Floyd and Ruben Randel in their WR options theres potential for a trade there but then again would you give up Brees or Manning for Steve Smith and either Bradford or Romo ? Perhaps not

All the other teams are pretty set at QB in my assessment. So I don't think you will get the trade you want with those guys. Just my assessment of things anyway but Packer Whackers seem the most obvious trade place for you to go.

There is such a thing as a double trade you know, where I take a QB and an elite WR and provide an elite QB and a WR.

Also to suggest that all bar a couple of teams are 'pretty set' at QB is crazy. After a couple of weeks there will be guys struggling, it could be RGIII or Kaepernick or somebody else but you always see a couple of the younger ones hit the wall in their second year.

• Advertisement

my assessment is based on the here and now of course things will change over the course of the season. And of course I'm aware of double trades I referenced as much in my last post ;)

Im not so sure you have anything decent to use in a double trade anyway. Edleman might turn out a steal but cant see you trade him.

Woods made ONE catch all game last weekend granted it was a TD grab so to suggest he has stepped up is a bit much.

and you have not really go anything behind them.

Tony G is an option but doesn't necessarily help somebody who lets go an elite WR.

Im not saying you cant get what you want in a trade Im just saying I don't think its as straight forward a trade as you imagine.

Advertisement