Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Novice shoot

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭fish slapped

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    Enjoyed today that much i signed up for the development team.

+1 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭ejg

poulo6.5 wrote: »
    just back in the door from the shoot today, i had a great day and learned a lot from the FTR boys,
    the buts was good crack as well. cheers to iano for a good laugh while spinning the windmill :D

thanks to ezridx and the midlands range for running such a good day and i hope they wont be to long about having a couple more

i must say well done to edi for winning today ;)

Well done to you, was only ahead of you on a formality.
    Even with the clays we seemed to be on the same number.
    Best I don't let you get a decent stock as you won't let me win again.
    edi

I sat down this morning and started to write out a list of observations from my spotter/coach and myself. The list totaled 15 points of changes or things I could improve on, some very small indeed, but no doubt when all added together they would make an improvement (I hope). So now to work on these and look forward to the next one.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 spudy1991

spent my 21st bday at the open day on sat was a great day and the ftr and fclass teams were even more helpful than i hoped the would be, even with my many stupid possibly annoying questions, will defo become a member there as soon as i get the money. by far the best fun iv had shooting in along time thanks, and anyone who wants to send me any info on setting up into long rang shooting, any help much appreciated, such as best rifle for the job and the like
    thanks to the range fellas who made saturday possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 go faster

Wont be able to join for awhile have things coming up in the next few years but will be something i will look in to, see if i can get up in the mean time as a visitor and open day shoots have the bug now after sat

• Advertisement

Go faster... PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭223Shooter

Only getting to a computer now. It was a great day out and the lads couldn't have been more helpful! A big thanks to shanmoll308 for getting me on target and especially to Ezri for organising a great event! Looking forward to going back already! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

how did you fare out with the 223? what ammo were ya using?

homerhop wrote: »
    how did you fare out with the 223? what ammo were ya using?

I thought you knew I was shooting the .308 yesterday homer? :p You did well with that 3-9x on the .223, you might not need the IOR at all! ;):D

I got a look through my coaches scope and there was some difference looking at the target between his and mine

• Advertisement

Yeah I had a look through the coaches Swaro. spotting scope and wow how clear can that be!!!! This could get bloody expensive:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭roosman

What a great day !
    the gods smiled on us as well by keeping the wind & rain away. Talk about highly addictive stuff. And the hardware was mighty impressive, still kicking myself i didn't avail of the HPS 155 gr target ammo to get the most out of the rifle...oh well theres always next time....
    Enjoyed the "mad minute" where we all got to open up on the clays...a MASSIVE thanks to the organizers and the Irish squad members, the day was over all too quickly...

Anybody any photos????

LB took some on the day, she might post some of them up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

homerhop wrote: »
    LB took some on the day, she might post some of them up

I got the bug

LMAO - you won't sit at a bench - but you'll lie on wet ground - jeese!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭dev110

Shooting mat sorts that out :D
    May get him out to 1000 yards and he won't be able turn back then :cool:

Pics as requested :-)

dscn0092k.jpg

dscn0093v.jpg

dscn0094o.jpg

dscn0095r.jpg

dscn0096q.jpg

dscn0097b.jpg

dscn0098ow.jpg

dscn0099z.jpg

dscn0104ll.jpg

dscn0105q.jpg

dscn0106c.jpg

dscn0107f.jpg

dscn0108b.jpg

dscn0109m.jpg

dscn0110cm.jpg

dscn0111iq.jpg

dscn0112um.jpg

dscn0115jm.jpg

dscn0118n.jpg

The Mad 3 Mins

dscn0129ur.jpg

dscn0130k.jpg

dscn0132c.jpg

Great pics LB, fair play to you! Didn't realise you were lurkin behind me for the mad minute.. :p:D

Ya never know where I'll turn up hon lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭ejg

All I have.
    any one know the name of the coach, who is between myself and Paul? Sorted thanks. Great coaching.
    DSCN6589.jpg

600yd243.jpg

DSCN6598.jpg

edi

Any official photos of the day yet?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,457 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

There are photos up on the NRAI website.

Here.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 14 go faster

What are the chances of this happening again soon?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,457 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I'm working on a new date for the second shoot, but with such a busy year in terms of shoots at the MNSCI trying to get a free weekend is hard. Also the one or two weekends that are available fall on public holidays, etc and from previous experience turnout for shoots held on such weekends are always poor to non existent.

I will keep working on a date over the next couple of weeks, and run it past the lads at the MNSCI. In the meantime it might be beneficial to see what kind of interest in one is out there. So if you are interested just post a yes, and if the numbers are there we can run with one asap.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Advertisement