Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Novice shoot

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

Ok, first of all,

THANKS to JP, Tony and all the R.O.'s and staff of the range in midlands.

Thanks to a the F-Class lads for their time, expertise and help.

Thanks to everyone who turned up and showed such great interest and shot so well.

Finally a BIG THANKS and "fair f**ks to ya" to Ezridax for arranging and sorting everything out.

This was a great chance to experience shooting at long range and I for one truly relished it and will be back.

Fish.

+1to that. great day and very well ran. i had a great day

So what score did everyone get????

i scored 40.1. very happy with that for my first go at 600

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭dev110

I got 45.1 and am delighted as its the only second day with the gun, also got a pop at 800 yards.

Great day and can't wait for the next

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭Tackleberry.

Again big thanks to Kev his dad and the RO's and also the FTR teams( Adrian Casey thanks for the lend of your shooting bag) really surprised myself today and learned more about the sport,we where lucky with the weather it really helped the shooting conditions,looking at it now and it is spilling rain
    Shot a 46.1 and came home with a bottle how bad.:D
    Nice meeting some of the lads from boards, and hope to see yee again.
    Again thanks, defo going to join up when the funds are there.

dev110 wrote: »
    I got 45.1 and am delighted as its the only second day with the gun, also got a pop at 800 yards.

Great day and can't wait for the next

Was that you on the hundred yard range first thing this morning?

• Advertisement

That was me :D
    Had to zero my rifle. Took off the scope like an idiot last night and had to re zero this morning

Nice rifle by the way ;)

That was me :D
    Had to zero my rifle. Took off the scope like an idiot last night and had to re zero this morning

Nice rifle by the way ;)

Thanks. you had yours away before i got to see it. what did you think of the sightron?

You weren't quick enough :D
    I really like it. I think I will be going with the Fine crosshair.
    I found out quite quickly that 20x is not enough. Even at 800 with the bigger V-bull i was wanting more

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭fish slapped

I found out quite quickly that 20x is not enough. Even at 800 with the bigger V-bull i was wanting more

Then don't do what I did and turn the mag down to 12x for the 25 yard zero and only after I had shoot at the 600 did I relaise it was still on 12x instead of 25x...:o... still 44.1 so not too bad... roll on the next shoot;)

You weren't quick enough :D
    I really like it. I think I will be going with the Fine crosshair.

I had it on 50x today and it was very clear i was very happy. coulsnt recomend sightron enough

• Advertisement

Then don't do what I did and turn the mag down to 12x for the 25 yard zero and only after I had shoot at the 600 did I relaise it was still on 12x instead of 25x...:o... still 44.1 so not too bad... roll on the next shoot;)

I say you were kicking yourself when you noticed. Great day all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭Tackleberry.

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    I had it on 50x today and it was very clear i was very happy. coulsnt recomend sightron enough

50x holy cow, v bull must be huge.

50x holy cow, v bull must be huge.

Not big enough unfortunatly

• Registered Users Posts: 14 go faster

Thanks Ezridax a great day for all looking forward to the next one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭fish slapped

Oh and thanks to the wife for the scones...

... someone reading over my shoulder...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 go faster

They were tasty

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭ejg

Thanks Ezridax and all that were helping. Was a great day and I for one learned a lot.
    Was nice to see old and new faces.
    edi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Had a great day down at MNSCI. Many thanks to everyone who made the day possible. Was lovely to bump into some old faces, meet some new faces, and even found an ISSF face :-) Anyone who's connected to me on FB - I've some pics up. :D

• Subscribers Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭IRLConor

LB6 wrote: »
    even found an ISSF face :-)

:D

There was a great crowd for the shoot. It's fantastic to see the range so busy on a cold day in January. :)

IRLConor wrote: »
    :D

There was a great crowd for the shoot. It's fantastic to see the range so busy on a cold day in January. :)

Yep - great day alright. You warm up yet?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭IRLConor

LB6 wrote: »
    Yep - great day alright. You warm up yet?

Yeah, though the rifle's still freezing! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Shane.sf

What a day!!

It was brilliant. Thanks to everyone for making it possible. Top class.
    And a special thanks to Ezridax and his father for the help and tips they gave me throughout the day.

Should have asked you into the 100mtr. You could have warmed your hands on the T3 barrel.;)

Some very nice rifles been used

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭declan1980

I didn't get to shoot today because I was working until 12, but I did get up to see the prize giving, so I'd like to congratulate edi for winning (with a stalking rifle:eek:) it was great shooting by anyone's standards.
    Edi what kind of mental training do you go through to prepare yourself for this shoot?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

Big thanks to the lads at Midlands today, really enjoyed it. Fair play Ez and co for organising the day. The coach I had was a gent and very very helpful. Nice to meet some of the lads here and FS the scones went down a treat

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,457 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Hello all.

What a day. Conditions were near perfect (even if they were a little cold). It was great to meet so many interested lads, (and lady) and put some faces to names.

The standard of shooting was both high, and impressive throughout the day. Everyone took to the range with the ease, and comfort of a seasoned target shooter.

The craic was good, and while a day for practice, and learning the atmosphere was relaxed, and good fun.

Scoring was high by all shooters considering no-one had shot 600 competively before/at all. The first place came down to mere fractions of a point such was the quality of shooting. One or two lads stood out for me personally showing excellent ability with what would be considered "disadvantaged" equipment. Low powered scopes, yet still they put in a performance that most F-lass shooters would be proud off.

A few thanks need saying.

First to the ROs. As usual a professionally run shoot made easier by the professional behaviour of the competitors.

To the competitors themselves. Such shoots would not exist without ye so thank you for turning up. I'm glad everyone went away happy, and hope you all took away a little more than ye arrived with.

To the F-Class squad members. It was a long drive for most, but would not have been possible without them. Their help, tuition, and guidance made the day pass smoothly, and efficiently.

Suppose i better thank the "old lad". Won't let me live it down if i didn't for his help doing the grunt work to get the place ready for the day.

Overall i feel the day was a complete success. It showed the standard of untapped potential that exists out there. The turnout was such that it definitely warrants more shoots throughout the year and sooner rather than later. I hope to see alot of the same faces again and plenty of new ones.

Also with the announcement of the new team development programme at the MNSCI i believe there has never been a better time for those interested in F-Class to join the sport, and put that potential to use. While only for members of the range, it is still a huge stepping stone for all new comers to the sport of F-Class. Should anyone have any further quieries on this they can contact the lads at the Midlands via the MNSCI website.

So to wrap up thank you again one and all, and i look forward to the next shoot.

Ezridax.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Enjoyed today that much i signed up for the development team.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,457 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Was just thinking that the title of "Novice Shoot" didn't apply to anyone there today.

Gonna have to come up with a new name if that is going to be the standard.:cool:;)
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

just back in the door from the shoot today, i had a great day and learned a lot from the FTR boys,
    the buts was good crack as well. cheers to iano for a good laugh while spinning the windmill :D

thanks to ezridx and the midlands range for running such a good day and i hope they wont be to long about having a couple more

i must say well done to edi for winning today ;)

Advertisement