Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Novice shoot

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭BELOWaverageIQ

poulo6.5 wrote: »
    hi dev
    can you explain what Bisley style or string means please

Bisley style is where you alternate shots between yourself and another shooter / take turns if you like.
    A string is where you shoot off all of your detail on your ownio.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,457 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Lads just a reminder to recheck your rifle, scope, and gear for Saturday and to check times to make sure you are not late.

It'll be a busy enough day, and things need to run on time. We can make allowances to an extent, but it would not be fair to make everyone wait if someone is running an hour late.

I've also be informed of a promotional offer for membership the midlands are running that weekend. 17 months membership for the price of 12.

Lastly, for anone running a .223 or .308 rifle. Jim Griffin has HPS target ammo in stock for both calibers. Prices are;
    • €55 for 50 rounds of 155 gr .308
    • €65 for 50 rounds of 168 gr/ 175 gr .308
    • €43 for 50 rounds of .223 (not sure of grainage).
    It may be cheaper for lads to use this than Hornady or other hunting type ammo at €40+ per box of 20.

Unfortunately Jim does not have any HPS in other calibers, but maybe next time round.

If anyone has any questions about Saturday or is unsure about any aspect please feel free to PM me and i'll try and help you out.

There are still a couple of places left but not many. ANyone wishing to attend can still do so, but i would need to know for definite by no later than Wednesday evening.

Looking forward to meeting you all there.

Ez.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 12 RayzorT3

Any places left? Its late notice i know but i only discovered the thread last night , thought about it today at work and would love the opportunity to shoot out to these distances. Got a .223 tikka t3 Tac about 4months ago and havnt shot over 200 yards with it yet , i wouldnt dare cos i dont know enough to go out past it.

Yeah plenty of room left.

Just drop me a PM with your name, and i'll stick you onto the list. Have a read of my posts on page one for the gear you'll need, and page three for the run down of the day.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

I finally got the day off work and the passport stamped by the missus:D really looking forward to it should be a great learning experience

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭fish slapped

[QUOTE=tommyboy26;76712701 the passport stamped by the missus:D[/QUOTE]

Know that feeling finally got her and the hotel to reshedule the date for the weekend away!!!;):D... happy out...

For all.

MNSCI-Location-large.gif

Right so. All the names are in, (if i've missed anyone please contact me via PM) and the final list has been compiled. All questions have been answered, and i think that everyone is pretty much ready.

Of course if there is still anyone with an issue, question please do PM me and we'll get it sorted for ya. Even if it seems "silly" trust me better to ask than guess.

Spectators are welcome however they must also abide by range rules/protocols as does all shooters. So no camo/inappropriate clothing, and ear defenders to be worn when around the firing line. All directions from the ROs must be obeyed.

The day will be a straight forward one as outlined in my previous posts. Ask questions whenever they occur to you. Again no point going home either not understanding something or unsure. Thats what this day is about. There will be nothing complicated in the day, and everything will be at a pace sutiable to all.

If at any stage you do not hear a command, are unsure, need to go over something again or need help with something please speak up. No-one is going to look at you for asking. Everyone will be on an even footing on Saturday.

A small tip to all. Bring a notepad and pen. Record everything. Scope adjustments, wind conditions, etc. Top shooters do this for a reason. It helps.

Last and the most important thing. Enjoy the day. I've often said when shooting becomes a "chore" i'll give it up. Enjoy the day, have a laugh, learn a few things, make a few friends, and enjoy the coffee.:D

Looking forward to seeing you all there.

Ez.

How many confirmed names have you got? and how many instructers will there be?

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭ejg

The way it looks I should make it up there.
    Looking forward to putting faces to names.

By the way, anyone have a spare screw for a badger (34mm) ring mount? and possibbly bring one along to the range. thanks.
    edi

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

ejg wrote: »
    The way it looks I should make it up there.
    Looking forward to putting faces to names.

By the way, anyone have a spare screw for a badger (34mm) ring mount? and possibbly bring one along to the range. thanks.
    edi

did you get a pm11 then edi. :p

will you have any of your stocks up there for a look see.

I'll have a few things along. Might also bring a T3 223 that I'm selling.

Have the new Kahles 624i Kahles Tactical on my E-tac, even had to bed the rifle yesterday. The lengths one has to go to just to keep up with you.:)
    edi

i look forward to seeing them in the flesh.

that scope sounds interesting. did you find out the retail on it yet

i look forward to seeing them in the flesh.

that scope sounds interesting. did you find out the retail on it yet

As far as I know, they'll be 2600,- Euro
    edi

ejg wrote: »
    As far as I know, they'll be 2600,- Euro
    edi

oh.. i just lost interest, it must be a fine scope so for that money:eek:

After doing a quick weather check.

Wind is going to be low which should show up some good results, but as a trade off we are looking at the possibility of a few showers.

Make sure you bring provisions if we do get a shower. Waterproofs, jacket, etc. More importantly and the best tool you can have - a towel.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Shane.sf

Getting all the last minute bits together....

Anyone know the fastest way from Waterford???

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭roosman

was going over all the kit to bring & decided to make a check list, really lookin forward to tomorrow now..smile.gif

· Licence & insurance cards
    · Bolt
    · Case & cleaning rod
    · Barrel thread protector
    · Bipod
    · Magazine
    · Ammo
    · Back bag
    · Ground mat
    · Wet gear & pants
    · Towels
    · Spotting scope
    · Toolbox, Imp & metric allen keys, torx bits, screwdrivers etc
    · Gloves & hat
    · Headset
    · Notepad & pencil
    · Lunch
    · 20 MOA rail

I need some advice please

I'll be shooting a .223 tomorrow with a Leupold 3-9x40 scope.

My RFD gave me a second hand atlas explorer 6-24x50 today.

Should I swap them over or leave it. Advice from the experts would be great

Thanks
    Shane

roosman wrote: »
    was going over all the kit to bring & decided to make a check list, really lookin forward to tomorrow now..smile.gif

· Licence & insurance cards
    · Bolt
    · Case & cleaning rod
    · Barrel thread protector
    · Bipod
    · Magazine
    · Ammo
    · Back bag
    · Ground mat
    · Wet gear & pants
    · Towels
    · Spotting scope
    · Toolbox, Imp & metric allen keys, torx bits, screwdrivers etc
    · Gloves & hat
    · Headset
    · Notepad & pencil
    · Lunch
    · 20 MOA rail

Only thing not on the list is the RIFLE :D:D :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭steyrman2

Shane.sf wrote: »
    I need some advice please

I'll be shooting a .223 tomorrow with a Leupold 3-9x40 scope.

My RFD gave me a second hand atlas explorer 6-24x50 today.

Should I swap them over or leave it. Advice from the experts would be great

Thanks
    Shane

bring it with you very easy change it over if needed

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭roosman

oops:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭jay.b

i have to pull out im afraid:( (family stuff popped up) sorry eridax but can you take me off the list. i was so looking forward to this:( i hope you all have a great day and hope it stays dry! i'll look forward to reading all about it over the week end. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭ianoo

Shane.sf wrote: »
    Getting all the last minute bits together....

Anyone know the fastest way from Waterford???

waterford -motorway to kilkenny-portlaoise -tullamore -blueball

just under 2hrs if you keep it legal :D

ian........

Ready to hit the road...

This is going to be a great day

Best of luck to everyone today

thanks tommyboy.
    best of luck to every one today. i am just about to hit the road and its lashing down outside :(

thanks tommyboy.
    best of luck to every one today. i am just about to hit the road and its lashing down outside :(

Leavin kildare soon no rain here but bloodly cold. just doing one last gear check

Ok, first of all,

THANKS to JP, Tony and all the R.O.'s and staff of the range in midlands.

Thanks to a the F-Class lads for their time, expertise and help.

Thanks to everyone who turned up and showed such great interest and shot so well.

Finally a BIG THANKS and "fair f**ks to ya" to Ezridax for arranging and sorting everything out.

This was a great chance to experience shooting at long range and I for one truly relished it and will be back.

Fish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭patsat

Ah come you have to tell us how you got on aswel!!

:D

Advertisement