Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Novice shoot

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,457 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Right after spending the weekend talking over dates with the lads at the MNSCI only two dates came up. One was within the next week, but there is a reason for that. All the lads are heading to Bisley for the Europeans. That means no squad members on the range, and no help so thats that one out.

From then till Christmas every weekend is booked solid with F-Class shoots, STAGS, association shoots, christmas shoots, etc. That means we are looking at after Christmas and into January before a date can be set.

This is a pain for those that are keen, but look on the positive. You now have time to get ammo, gear, etc together.

Apologies for this delay, but i'm happy that the sport is popular enough that we are this busy. I'll kepp the names of those that have contacted me, and it gives time for others to take advantage of this delay.

When i do get a date set i'll post another update, and the list of names. Anyone no longer interested or that cannot make it simply PM me and i'll remove your name. No probelms.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭fish slapped

Cheers EZ, thats a pity, but as you say it great that its so popular. I'm still in though!

Fish

The thing is the midlands hosts competitions, shoots, training days aswell as the NRAI shoots, competitions, etc. So most every weekend is booked, and the busy ones have both days (Sat & Sun) booked.

I'll be over myself as often as possible so anyone that wants to bounce a few ideas off me or the other lads, and wants to go through their gear, setup, etc feel free. No harm getting prepared.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

Its good the club is so busy. Im still intetested so leave me on the list

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭dev110

I'm still in. Give me something to look forward to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭ianoo

i'm still on for this too ....
    ian

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Galway Elvis

You now have time to get ammo, gear, etc together.

Thank God for Santa getting the oppertunity to "sponsor" my expidition out onto the open ranges as my wallet was likely to struggle with the "scope" of such an undertaking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

more time for practice then.

memo to self ( start practicing ):D:D:D:D:D

I have a list all interested people. I'll keep it as though they are still attending, and if coming closer they cannot make it they can remove their name. It also gives more time for others to decide if they'd like to attend.

I'll post up just after christmas, but if anyone else is interested simply post here or PM me and i'll get it.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭V Bull

Hi Ezridax,

Please put my name on the list.

Thanks

Paul

• Advertisement

No bother. Done.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 willcork

Hi Ezridax,
    You might put me on that list aswell if you could.
    Cheers, Will.

How many so far EZ??

15 confirmed, with 7 possibles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

Ezridax wrote: »
    15 confirmed, with 7 possibles.

just want to keep interest up on this shoot hence bump.

has there bin any more consideration to a date for this i know you said after Christmas but thats only a couple of weeks away now. ho ho ho....

i look forward to getting some tuition and handy pointers from the lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Immortal Being

Hi Lads/Lasses. I heard about this event from another shooter, and I'd be very interested in trying this out:D. Think I have the right kit, purchased C/F rifle a couple of months ago. Ezridax, could you please add me to your list. If you have any queries, please feel free to pm me:cool:.

Thanks in advance:

Immortal Being.

Lads the date for next year has not been set yet, but there is a comp on this weekend, and its been altered to suit any novice that would like to take part.

Details are here.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=75843280#post75843280

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Immortal Being

Thanks for that Ezridax. Unfortunately I won't be able to make the 11th Dec. But am interested in the Jan one. Thanks for your time.

Immortal Being

AAAHHHH BUGGER!!!!

would love to go , but I'm playing Santa for 100 - 150 kids on Sunday, seems I've the perfect shape :o, would love to see what the AI would be like off a bench at that range.

Fish

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭jay.b

hi lads this sounds great! i'd love to try this so please put my name in. thanks :D:D

• Advertisement

Ezridax, could you please add me to your list.
    Done ................
    jay.b wrote: »
    i'd love to try this so please put my name in. thanks :D:D
    ......... and done.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭Tackleberry.

Any news about this shoot looking forward to it, hoping the date suits me and i can make it.

Should be an excellent day. Hope there is enough notice so i can arrange a day off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭Tackleberry.

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    Should be an excellent day. Hope there is enough notice so i can arrange a day off
    is there a chance it will be mid week??

is there a chance it will be mid week??

No it will prob be a saturday or sunday but unfortunatly for me i work in retail so have to work weekends

Away for a couple of more days but just to let ye all know. There are two dates available. The 28th of Jan or the 4th of Feb. Both days are Saturdays as Sundays are taken up with F-Class training and other comps.

Should have a definite date by tomorrow, but if either date is more suitable to the majority then by all means let me know.

I will not be able to reply for a day or so, so please If you're interested in the day just post with a date and confirmation such as:

Ezridax - Yes - Sat 28th Jan.

I'll check in a day or so then PM anyone who has not answered but expressed an interest.

Thanks.

Tommy yes 28th jan

• Registered Users Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭clivej

CliveJ Yes 4th Feb. And I'm hoping to get to this novice shoot

The national pistol comps. are on the 28th Jan @Hilltop. So thats where I'll be on the 28th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭dev110

Dev - Yes - 28th Jan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Galway Elvis

Elvis, YES, 28th Jan

Advertisement