Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Grapevine (OFF TOPIC CHAT) Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

kellief wrote: »
    Hallo gang! How are ye?
    Numerous and belligerent.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

woah blast from the past, kellie and jim in the veggie forum :D

how's galway jim? What ya up to kellie?

never found that with camembert fillefatale, thats very strange, I love the stuff especially deep-fried drool.gif

Galway is graaaaannnndddddd. Especially the bit about being able to get a veggie breakfast in almost every cafe / pub! I was actually thinking of doing up reviews, but alas I'm lazy.

Just working and drinking apart from that. Glad all the summer fests are over now. They can be good craic but when the city centre is packed every night of the week and you can't even get a pint it gets tiresome.

Also I only recently discovered deep fried brie. omgggggggggggg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

--LOS-- wrote: »
    woah blast from the past, kellie and jim in the veggie forum :D

how's galway jim? What ya up to kellie?

never found that with camembert fillefatale, thats very strange, I love the stuff especially deep-fried drool.gif

Yeah I've been away from boards for a while cos I'm not on my laptop as much!!
    I'm doing great! I'm finished my degree now, got my 2.1 in English and Geography so I will graduate now in a few weeks. I'm starting my MSc in Climate Change soon too, I'm very excited! Staying in Maynooth for another year!

How are you all keeping??

I've been a brutal veggie lately, I've been so lazy and I don't think I have cooked anything tasty in months! My pain condition is flaring up quite badly at te moment and would love a quick and simple recipe suggestion for some comfort food!

We should have a meet up soon? x

kellief wrote: »
    Yeah I've been away from boards for a while cos I'm not on my laptop as much!!
    I'm doing great! I'm finished my degree now, got my 2.1 in English and Geography so I will graduate now in a few weeks. I'm starting my MSc in Climate Change soon too, I'm very excited! Staying in Maynooth for another year!

How are you all keeping??

I've been a brutal veggie lately, I've been so lazy and I don't think I have cooked anything tasty in months! My pain condition is flaring up quite badly at te moment and would love a quick and simple recipe suggestion for some comfort food!

We should have a meet up soon? x
    I'm the same, my cooking as gone out the window in the past few months. It's a bit depressing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Barcelona is the best place for veggie food ever, everywhere we eat is amazing. Mmm seitan! During the day 3 course meals with wine cost 10.50...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

I thought I'd post it here too, seeing as you people understand that cats are the perfect living things!

I need to rehome an uber affectionate purring kitten. Thread and pictures here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=80704056&postcount=1270

I'd loooove to keep him but my ninja assassin badass cat seems to be terrified of him. >_>

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Really, REALLY cute kitten!! :D Hope you find a nice home for kitty soon!

Tar, glad you guys had a great time over there!

I've been pretty vacant from this board lately, must rectify that.

I think we all have MoN.

aww that kitty is real cute with the little white paws. It is very hard when you have a cat for it to accept a new cat, we've had that problem at home, it would be years later and they would still be arch enemies.

That's why I got 2 together :D Here they are....

YPIKZ.jpg

I call this spider-pillow :D Misa is real attention seeking, I think she has gotten worse, it's all my fault ofc :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

Your little kitties are so cute!! I would have loved to get two kittens in one go instead of one, but considering the circumstances in which I got Bailey, and the fact that I wasn't allowed to get two anyway, I just couldn't do it. I'm not supposed to keep this one unless Bailey is fine with him, but today they were playing together! :) He's been named Tesla. I might still give him away if someone really wants him though.

• Advertisement

I think we all have MoN.

aww that kitty is real cute with the little white paws. It is very hard when you have a cat for it to accept a new cat, we've had that problem at home, it would be years later and they would still be arch enemies.

That's why I got 2 together :D Here they are....

<pic>

I call this spider-pillow :D Misa is real attention seeking, I think she has gotten worse, it's all my fault ofc :P
    Your kittens are cool. Will you ever not have a favourite, or is that always gonna be the same? :)

Have they broken the feathery play thing completely yet?
    Your little kitties are so cute!! I would have loved to get two kittens in one go instead of one, but considering the circumstances in which I got Bailey, and the fact that I wasn't allowed to get two anyway, I just couldn't do it. I'm not supposed to keep this one unless Bailey is fine with him, but today they were playing together! :) He's been named Tesla. I might still give him away if someone really wants him though.
    Nice! I knew you'd take that name :) Its good that they get along, even if you do have to give him away at some stage. I guess it'll be good for both of them in the long run to have feline contact, for a while, or longer.

Still, new kitty!

Tesla is the coolest name for a kitten ever, and he is ginger!
    Quels kitten want! My place just isn't suitable at the moment. :(

awesome name!
    Your kittens are cool. Will you ever not have a favourite, or is that always gonna be the same? :)

Have they broken the feathery play thing completely yet?

Nice! I knew you'd take that name :) Its good that they get along, even if you do have to give him away at some stage. I guess it'll be good for both of them in the long run to have feline contact, for a while, or longer.

Still, new kitty!

ah ye can't have a favourite, they feel like children, it would be wrong :P

It has a few still on it, it got left in meath when the kitties were on their holidays and now josie who never plays with anything has taken to it so I've left it for her.

anyone at the rude health show this year?

Is it over?
    Saw a poster for world veggie day today. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

world veggie day next sunday! party time.

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Is it over?

ye was on 15th and 16th. Ye I saw that, not sure what's at it though. Culture night tomorrow too, probably loads of stuff to do about town, I'm stuck at home babysitting so I'm missing it. Oktoberfest this weekend too.

There's also a gig in the gypsy rose tomorrow night in aid of cats aid.

I feel like I'm doing a news bulletin now :o Anyway the rest of ye get out there and do things :P

ah ye can't have a favourite, they feel like children, it would be wrong :P

It has a few still on it, it got left in meath when the kitties were on their holidays and now josie who never plays with anything has taken to it so I've left it for her.

Yeah, it wouldnt be the kindest thing to do :p Also, its nice that Josie still gets use of it, sure Spider and Misa have plenty of toys as it is!

Missed that show, sadly. Forgot it was on tbh! :(

Hope it was good though :)
    Is it over?
    Zombienosh wrote: »
    world veggie day next sunday! party time.
    Havent seen any posters for it, but hope to. I'll most likely call down to the event in town and see what's up :)

Did anyone go along to the vegetarian day event on Pearse St? I had planned to go but then I was up 5am this morning to bring my sis to the aircoach so that kinda made a shambles out of the day.

I missed it too. :(

I was there :)

Lots of food stands and information stands on the ground floor, with seating areas in the centre of it. Noticed that Blazing Salads, Dehli-O-Deli and Cornucopia had food for sale, some animal rights groups were present and there was a handmade soap company (I dont remember everything that was there).

Upstairs, there were public talks on different subjects, but I didnt have enough time to stay for one of them.

Very busy though, and that was good to see :)

• Advertisement

I was there :)

Lots of food stands and information stands on the ground floor, with seating areas in the centre of it. Noticed that Blazing Salads, Dehli-O-Deli and Cornucopia had food for sale, some animal rights groups were present and there was a handmade soap company (I dont remember everything that was there).

Upstairs, there were public talks on different subjects, but I didnt have enough time to stay for one of them.

Very busy though, and that was good to see :)

sounds good, I saw they were screening forks over knives which I heard is good but I havent seen it yet. So it was just a thing that you kinda would just have a quick look about and that's it? I would have probably just been interested in some nice food.

just watching tar ironing here, too funny, even the cats are looking at him like wtf are you doing to that shirt :P

sounds good, I saw they were screening forks over knives which I heard is good but I havent seen it yet. So it was just a thing that you kinda would just have a quick look about and that's it? I would have probably just been interested in some nice food.

just watching tar ironing here, too funny, even the cats are looking at him like wtf are you doing to that shirt :P
    If I had remembered to bring more than 3-4 euro with me I'd have bought some of that food :o >.< It looked delicious, and you could get an amazing smell from the street outside! :D The fact the hurling finals were on today meant I couldnt stay to watch that, or to listen in on a talk :(

Does Tar normally iron? :pac: The cats should teach him, they are an all knowing species!

If I had remembered to bring more than 3-4 euro with me I'd have bought some of that food :o >.< It looked delicious, and you could get an amazing smell from the street outside! :D The fact the hurling finals were on today meant I couldnt stay to watch that, or to listen in on a talk :(

Does Tar normally iron? :pac: The cats should teach him, they are an all knowing species!

no he doesnt lol, it's his first day of school today so that's why :P now that I'm alone the kittys are swarming me already, I try to do anything on the laptop and the two of them descend on me....

FYGKS.jpg:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

wish id gone to the veggie day now, i did nothing yesterday!!

do you get no foods MoN?? :(

Tar ironing?! think i had to iron a shirt for him before, i dont iron but i couldnt let him go out like that! lol

maameeo wrote: »

Tar ironing?! think i had to iron a shirt for him before, i dont iron but i couldnt let him go out like that! lol

well I spent most of the day looking on etsy, feckin etsy

haha I rarely ever iron anything, but I still know how, I don't get how it's hard. It took a lot of willpower not to just take over but I'm always a bit wary that I do that too much, I just hate when people do stuff the wrong way though ya know :pac:

just seen this on grabone, voucher for blazing salads if anyone is interested...

http://www.grabone.ie/dublin/blazing-salads-food-company

just seen this on grabone, voucher for blazing salads if anyone is interested...

http://www.grabone.ie/dublin/blazing-salads-food-company

Thanks Los, would you believe that I have never actually eaten in blazing salads.
    Even though it has been around forever.
    Must rectify the situation.

maameeo wrote: »

No foods at all :( That smell stayed fresh in my mind until I got home!

Ironing is pretty relaxing :o
    well I spent most of the day looking on etsy, feckin etsy

haha I rarely ever iron anything, but I still know how, I don't get how it's hard. It took a lot of willpower not to just take over but I'm always a bit wary that I do that too much, I just hate when people do stuff the wrong way though ya know :pac:
    I had to google that website lol. So much stuff!
    Thanks Los, would you believe that I have never actually eaten in blazing salads.
    Neither have I. I'll do it before xmas though. Come back and tell us how it was :)

neither have I! Was just talking about it the other day and then saw that deal, gona try it one of these days
    No foods at all :( That smell stayed fresh in my mind until I got home!

Ironing is pretty relaxing :o

I had to google that website lol. So much stuff!

Neither have I. I'll do it before xmas though. Come back and tell us how it was :)

Ye it's awesome, I like buying something that's handmade by someone especially for you, I've gotten a few bits from it now, love it.

My sis is working in M&S in liverpool at the minute and she tells me that they're getting in vegan haircare soon so I'm guessing that will apply to Ireland too, a welcome step by them, it's mostly shampoos and conditioners though and damn pricey.....

http://www.marksandspencer.com/View-All-Tara-Smith-Beauty/b/2050619031

Actually didn't Kellief work there, maybe she can tell us

• Advertisement

Don't talk to me about etsy!
    It aggravates the pretty-shiny-itis something terrible.
    What is worse, everything looks so great, that I convince myself that I could do that too.
    I have been knitting the cuff of my first sock for about a month now. :o

Advertisement