Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Grapevine (OFF TOPIC CHAT) Part II

Options

Comments

--LOS-- wrote: »

we've paid deposit and first months rent for an appartment, it's just up the road from me, I wont have far to move! It was the only one that had gas heating not those sh!tty storage heaters. Looked at a lot of places and there was nearly something wrong with all of them, most of them had piece of crap old cookers, one place all it had was a tiny little microwave/convection oven etc etc. There's always something, then some really lovely places but right on a busy road which is a big no no, anyway this place is grand, location is dead handy, will be moving in at the start of March.

It is almost impossible to find somewhere remotely decent in Dublin.
    Especially if your looking for a one bed place.
    I despise those cheap hobs.
    My friend lived in a place once,The shower was in the kitchen right by the oven....and all it had was curtain for privacy. In a houseshare. :eek:
    Glad to hear ye found someplace decent, and near to you too. :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Mon, still have to finish that game, I spoke too soon saying I was nearly finished :o but damn, so many exit signs, the last time I had to stop playing it coz all the jumping /falling makes me nauseous :o

Which Asian supermarket was that, was it in Dublin? Would love to try it.
    I'm sure you did haha!:pac: You can do it though, it'll take a little bit of time! :D The jumping/falling is the best bit though, otherwise it's just running lol! Nice one on the apt too, sounds good!
    Moonbaby wrote: »
    What ya gonna do with the Tempeh Guage?
    I got some in The Hopsack.....I'm kind of scared of trying it out.

How goes the house hunting Los?
    I'm looking too. It is such a headwreck.
    Saw a place last week, beautiful new build. Best of everything.
    The place was crawling. I should have had a tetanus shot leaving it. I have seen things that can be repeated in polite company.

How is Carlow treating you Mon?
    You're moving too? If tetanus shots are needed, you're probably better off in a barn tbh...some places can be so so so bad!

Carlaaaaa is treating me good thanks :) RAG week atm, so it's basically lectures, sleep, eat, drink, dance, sleep...and repeat for 5 days. Going for a platinum week haha!

How are you, other than being stressed with househunting?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Moonbaby wrote: »
    It is almost impossible to find somewhere remotely decent in Dublin.
    Especially if your looking for a one bed place.
    I despise those cheap hobs.
    My friend lived in a place once,The shower was in the kitchen right by the oven....and all it had was curtain for privacy. In a houseshare. :eek:
    Glad to hear ye found someplace decent, and near to you too. :)

The only thing it doesnt have is electric shower but it is a proper shower and not a shower over a bath so I hope that doesnt get to me too much, I think it'll be all right when I know there's not gona be other people there stealing all the hot water.
    Yikes, that sounds awful, can't even imagine, it's bad enough in my house at the moment having to walk through the kitchen constantly to get to the bathroom.
    I'm sure you did haha!:pac: You can do it though, it'll take a little bit of time! :D The jumping/falling is the best bit though, otherwise it's just running lol! Nice one on the apt too, sounds good!

You're moving too? If tetanus shots are needed, you're probably better off in a barn tbh...some places can be so so so bad!

Carlaaaaa is treating me good thanks :) RAG week atm, so it's basically lectures, sleep, eat, drink, dance, sleep...and repeat for 5 days. Going for a platinum week haha!

How are you, other than being stressed with househunting?

Ye I just wish I didnt get into too much that it makes me feel like I'm actually falling and jumping, I have to stop playing sometimes or I'd throw up :o
    How you holding up with RAG week MoN, I felt hungover just being in college today without any drinking :P

Ye I just wish I didnt get into too much that it makes me feel like I'm actually falling and jumping, I have to stop playing sometimes or I'd throw up :o How you holding up with RAG week MoN, I felt hungover just being in college today without any drinking :P
    Vertigo eh? I'd hate to have that. Would ruin so much fun for me :( At least you're nearly through it tbh! :)

Holding up just fine as it happens! Been out drinking for the last 4 nights now (if you include tonight, as I'm heading to a house party once I type this reply), and I feel fine tbh! Lol with college:pac: We had people actually turning up to class drunk today, and yesterday :p Fun times or what? :D What made you feel that way in college anyway?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I now interrupt this thread with a news bulletin

P3wqz.jpg

We now continue regular programming.

• Advertisement

Vertigo eh? I'd hate to have that. Would ruin so much fun for me :( At least you're nearly through it tbh! :)

Holding up just fine as it happens! Been out drinking for the last 4 nights now (if you include tonight, as I'm heading to a house party once I type this reply), and I feel fine tbh! Lol with college:pac: We had people actually turning up to class drunk today, and yesterday :p Fun times or what? :D What made you feel that way in college anyway?

Ah I don't think I have vertigo, I'm not scared of heights, I don't have a problem with heights usually, my mother does suffer with vertigo, she couldn't go up the stairs in stephens green shopping centre etc, I'm not like that at all. It just makes me feel like I'm actually falling so I would feel the same as if I'm on a rollercoaster or something, it's not like vertigo where everything is spinning.
    ughh dunno how you do that, it's rag week in dcu too, not that I noticed lol.
    I dunno it was just that particular class, booooooringgggg :P

wow that's a lot of kittys there ^_^
    yay his old avatar is back :D

Gauge wrote: »
    The one on Drury Street. It was in the big fridges on the first aisle, just before the tofu.

Also, Fallon & Byrne had chocolate peanut butter in stock.

Today was a good day for food shopping :)

There was no tempeh in there today anyway, you definitely mean the one on drury street and not the one on georges st beside laser? And does it say tempeh on it?!

I got chocolate peanut butter in fallon and byrne today :o
    It doesnt taste too chocolately but it gives the peanut butter a milder taste, I likes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

There was no tempeh in there today anyway, you definitely mean the one on drury street and not the one on georges st beside laser? And does it say tempeh on it?!

I got chocolate peanut butter in fallon and byrne today :o
    It doesnt taste too chocolately but it gives the peanut butter a milder taste, I likes!

Yep, definitely Drury Street! I'm not sure how often they get it in, I'm usually in every weekend and only found it for the first time last Saturday. It's a white rectangular block with "Tempeh" on the label and the rest of the label is in what looks like Dutch! I can take a pic of the packaging when I get home if you like so you at least know what to keep an eye out for.

Gauge wrote: »
    Yep, definitely Drury Street! I'm not sure how often they get it in, I'm usually in every weekend and only found it for the first time last Saturday. It's a white rectangular block with "Tempeh" on the label and the rest of the label is in what looks like Dutch! I can take a pic of the packaging when I get home if you like so you at least know what to keep an eye out for.

ah I figured it would just be there beside the tofu, I looked everywhere else, I'd say they just didn't have it at the moment, I'll keep an eye out though.

Ah I don't think I have vertigo, I'm not scared of heights, I don't have a problem with heights usually, my mother does suffer with vertigo, she couldn't go up the stairs in stephens green shopping centre etc, I'm not like that at all. It just makes me feel like I'm actually falling so I would feel the same as if I'm on a rollercoaster or something, it's not like vertigo where everything is spinning.
    ughh dunno how you do that, it's rag week in dcu too, not that I noticed lol.
    I dunno it was just that particular class, booooooringgggg :P

wow that's a lot of kittys there ^_^
    yay his old avatar is back :D
    Dont need a problem with heights to get vertigo sadly :( It's all to do with how your inner ear works on balance, and percieves the world around you. Sometimes that falling feeling can be fun, but only when on a bus or something...like when it goes down bumpy country lanes for example :D

I lived anyway, gave up on the last night since my body hated me and wanted sleep.

And now, two weeks later, I'm in the thick of it...exams flying at me left, right and centre!:pac:

How's the aul college going for ya anyway? Must be glad this is the last year!

Aye, old avatar, and it seems he's the only mod in veggie land now too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Went on a big food shopping spree today. I have always had a vegetarian diet but go through phases of eating really well, and just eating shite. And for the past couple of months it's been the latter!

Anyway everything I got today was vegan...I go through phases of that too :/ Got some of those Nakd bars for the first time today...they are AMAZING! And got some tofu and some of those Linda Mc Cartney country pies. They are the only meat substitute things I like. Quorn makes me sick. And loads of veg and fruit. And I already have rice and lentlis and couscous etc...

The guy I live with doesn't eat dairy so he let me try some coconut milk...I actually really like it! Would like to try coconut milk ice cream. I love everything coconut :D

Cooking time!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Lia_lia wrote: »
    Went on a big food shopping spree today. I have always had a vegetarian diet but go through phases of eating really well, and just eating shite. And for the past couple of months it's been the latter!

Anyway everything I got today was vegan...I go through phases of that too :/ Got some of those Nakd bars for the first time today...they are AMAZING!

Cooking time!

I love the cocoa orange ones... on the other hand the choco ones that are the only ones in my local tesco are disgusting.

Lia_lia wrote: »

Anyway everything I got today was vegan...I go through phases of that too :/ Got some of those Nakd bars for the first time today...they are AMAZING! And got some tofu and some of those Linda Mc Cartney country pies. They are the only meat substitute things I like. Quorn makes me sick. And loads of veg and fruit. And I already have rice and lentlis and couscous etc...

The guy I live with doesn't eat dairy so he let me try some coconut milk...I actually really like it! Would like to try coconut milk ice cream. I love everything coconut :D

Cooking time!

I know what you mean, people assume you're a health freak just coz you're veggie, but I know I've not been eating the best the last while and have been trying to clean up my act recently too.

Helps that I inherited a ton of rice cake products from a competition my mother won, so I've got those rice cake bars with the chocolate in the middle and the chocolate coated mini rice cakes etc for a healthier snack. The rice cake bars are lovely, the chocolate in them kinda reminds me of kinder buenos, I haven't seen them about much though.

and coconut milk is really yummy, it makes lovely porridge if you cook your porridge in it, you'd have no need to sweeten it. Tesco never have it though.

Jesus loves us veggies today :D

Jesus loves us veggies today :D
    Only the catholic ones :pac:

I had a Nakd bar yesterday, the gingerbread one...very tasty! :) Also piced up some flaxseed capsules, purely to see if they actually help with brain function due to the omega oils they can deliver, or if it'll be like a placebo effect.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

gingerbread typical :pac:
    Think the flaxseed ones arent the best, need DHA and EPA pure I'd say, but some study where people took in no omega 3 showed them having high levels of it :confused:

I saw today that the number of vegans in the US has doubled in the last 2 years. Big increase in a short time.

Its all about the ginge :cool::)

I seen that study too as it happens, and more than likely the EPA and DHA were being liberated from plant based foods, and stored & used in the body as per normal. I guessed using the flaxseed ones would be better than none, sure it'll take time to notice anything, if at all.

Thats a good thing to hear, and I hope they made the choice without any influence other than their own free thinking, and seeing another path ahead of them. Good luck to them, is all I can say :)

We, as a race, are doomed.

Time to break out the gif...

Such a fail

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

*reads last page*

The only time I had a Nakd bar was that one time that we had to go pick up my friends in town at 4am, with no money on them and nowhere to go, and we sat in Dec's car for ages trying to come up with what to say to everyone's parents, as we were all lying about where we were. At 5am I got really hungry and found the bar stuffed into the glovebox. Hunger is not the best spice. The Nakd bar was horrible!

Hello people. I just need to say that I miss Tesco's tiger bread, and I thought you'd understand my suffering. And yes, bread reminded me of a thread (ugh I hate that it rhymes...).

• Advertisement

*reads last page*

The only time I had a Nakd bar was that one time that we had to go pick up my friends in town at 4am, with no money on them and nowhere to go, and we sat in Dec's car for ages trying to come up with what to say to everyone's parents, as we were all lying about where we were. At 5am I got really hungry and found the bar stuffed into the glovebox. Hunger is not the best spice. The Nakd bar was horrible!

Hello people. I just need to say that I miss Tesco's tiger bread, and I thought you'd understand my suffering. And yes, bread reminded me of a thread (ugh I hate that it rhymes...).
    :eek: Hi! :)

Those bars are really nice, maybe you had one that was in the glovebox too long, or had one of the other varieties? Also, I never knew they stopped tiger bread! :( One of my housemates only got some a few weeks ago, so thought it was still around. Did you all fabricate enough stories for everyone?

:eek: Hi! :)

Those bars are really nice, maybe you had one that was in the glovebox too long, or had one of the other varieties? Also, I never knew they stopped tiger bread! :( One of my housemates only got some a few weeks ago, so thought it was still around. Did you all fabricate enough stories for everyone?

Nah, it was just that he obviously didn't know what flavour I'd like and he picked the worst one. I think it had some fruit that I didn't like and I could taste it, or maybe it was the combination of fruit, idk. It's too long ago for me to remember. And no, we couldn't come up with an excuse for me to get home so late and my friends so much earlier than they should've. It was years ago anyway.

Wait, so they actually did stop selling tiger bread? I thought it was just my local Tesco. :(

Nah, it was just that he obviously didn't know what flavour I'd like and he picked the worst one. I think it had some fruit that I didn't like and I could taste it, or maybe it was the combination of fruit, idk. It's too long ago for me to remember. And no, we couldn't come up with an excuse for me to get home so late and my friends so much earlier than they should've. It was years ago anyway.

Wait, so they actually did stop selling tiger bread? I thought it was just my local Tesco. :(
    I think there is one with pecan nuts, and raisins or something. I left that one alone, as it didnt look appealing. Maybe that's the one you had. Ah well you still got home in the end, and are still here to tell the tale, so it didnt end too badly hehe!

I'm not sure about tiger bread in all Tesco stores, but I can check next time I'm in Tesco here and let you know. It would be a shame to see it gone forever:(

Interesting video here I'm watching, when I should be studying:

Food Matters

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Nakd choco orange ftw, the rest are ming. Esp the choco loco one, it was like eating cardboard with cocoa powder dusted on it

Interesting video here I'm watching, when I should be studying:

Food Matters
    I'm off watchable things until exams (stupid exams!!) are over, but that looks interesting so I will check it out some time after the 17th of May. Remind me! :)

Nakd choco orange ftw, the rest are ming. Esp the choco loco one, it was like eating cardboard with cocoa powder dusted on it

I guess I should try that one then! I will report back, if I remember (which, knowing my memory, is a bit unlikely :o)

Must try the orange one then, see how it goes!
    I'm off watchable things until exams (stupid exams!!) are over, but that looks interesting so I will check it out some time after the 17th of May. Remind me! :)

I guess I should try that one then! I will report back, if I remember (which, knowing my memory, is a bit unlikely :o)
    Well, I'm finished exams that day too, so I'll remind you the day after :) I'll remind you to try that Nakd bar too, since you probably will forget to:p

Something kitty-related, to pass the time:

:)

I'd forgotten how misunderstood vegetarianism is in Spain. They don't seem to realise that tuna is fish (and that's after making it clear that we don't eat fish) and then there's chorizo and jamón everywhere! I'm just back from a buffet type place where I had.. er... a green salad and dessert. They did have vegetarian pizza though.

Vegetarian pizza, and green salad are pretty alright. Dessert would be awesome! Did you find anywhere specifically veggie, or is it still pretty hard to find places to eat out, which even have a veggie option with no fish?

I was at Langtons Hotel in Kilkenny on Wednesday for a wedding, I asked them about vegetarian options for the meal, I was given three options! I chose the one which had pasta and vegetables, with garlic bread. It was delicious :)

hello from sligo :D

we had the nicest food today in some place that P had a voucher for (someone gave him a voucher for downloading something lol!)

/waves at anothernight and MoN

• Advertisement

hello from sligo :D

we had the nicest food today in some place that P had a voucher for (someone gave him a voucher for downloading something lol!)

/waves at anothernight and MoN

/waves

Hai there .o/

They have internets in Sligo? :pac:

Sounds like a great deal that, lots of veggie food is always a good thing, and I bet P ate a sizeable portion lol :D

You no keep in touch lately, how are you, and things in general? Hope you got my text last night before it was over!

Advertisement