Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Grapevine (OFF TOPIC CHAT) Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Level 5 Vegan

--LOS-- wrote: »
    Was chatting to her there again, she said it was excellent, the bag she got was £30 and she paid around £7 for a meal, she didn't find the prices crazy so I dunno, suppose like any city. I'd like to go sometime, its on late in the year I think?

Yeah October. Forum trip :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Great idea! :)

Just ordered some easter eggs from Marvellous Veggie, along with a quiche and a free dessert!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

im in for the trip!

I ordered one too, i got it as a gift last year and was the nicest eater egg I ever had. Whole shll filled with peanut butter mmm.

We've gone for 1 passionfruit and 1 lemon. Cant wait now.

I think tickets go on sale in June and they will be buy one get one free for a while.

We only decided to go because Doug Stanhope ( a comedian who we love) is doing a show the same weekend just around the corner from VegFest. So it was a no brainer really.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I'm boring and got the same one again. Must look him up, don't know him. For extra stalking. :D

Did you order from Marvelous before? She's lovely and the food is so good. I saw her yesterday zooming around on her Rollerblades making a delivery, I live right beside them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

OOh. I have to get an easter egg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

I posted about ducks who need to be rehomed or will be sent to slaughter because they've stopped laying.

'Are they being killed needlessly or to eat?'

Clearly the word needless means different things to us...

aw, I wish I had a house with space, I'd have chickens and ducks walking around.

Burritos are awesome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

I'm glad that day is over, it's always teh worst internet day, people trying anf failing to be funny. Only good thing was google maps where you could play pac man on the streets. I won the phibsboro level! :D

man id love some chocolate now
    http://www.hotelchocolat.com/uk/shop/collections/dietary/vegan-chocolate

cant wait for chocolate day

I'd love a chicken hug

Ethical Dilemna - We've just started out rock climbing and we're really enjoying it, but we really need to start wearing proper rock climbing shoes instead of runners! Most are made from leather :( We have the option to rent shoes when we need them which will almost undoubtedly be leather. Or we can buy our own. The more affordable ones will be leather, vegan ones are obviously quite a bit more expensive.

:(

Evolv have vegan ones, not sure how dear. They are all dear enough, cheapest one s at my local climbing wall are ~65. You want them to have a good tight fit too so it's annoying to not try something like that on, as they would be cheaper online.

I know it sucks in general right! I ordered footwear yesterday that I liked for 20E, down from 80. Noticed it had some leather and had to cancel. Had to spend over 60 then on the same brand with no leather grr (and that was sale price).

Absolutely loving this fineeeee weather.

The main issue with buying online is we really need to try them on. Especially as this is our first ever pair, so its not like we know how they fit or anything.

I'm gonna ring the local place now and see if they can get any in or something. Thanks!

I really dont wanna have to rent smelly leather ones.

Weather is classss. But I took off my hat cycling and now I dropped it somewhere hmm.
    Yeah they do need to fit well, cool hobby, people from my work go sometimes at lunch. Renting the shoes quickly adds up to the cost of shoes too.
    Work just gave me health insurance woop! Now to not ever use it hopefully :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

Ethical dilemna (I refuse to spell it "dilemma"): leather car interiors. Standard in higher end vehicles. Usually plasticy fake and optional in lower end vehicles. I don't really do low end stuff however :(

The tesla can come with vegan interior, also i want a ride when you get it ta

my friend bought a bmw i3 recently, spent a lot jaysus, was vegan though.
    So the low and really high end are the only options? That's really ****

things like tyres may not be vegan either, pain in the ass

I'd love an I3.

Ikea Dublin getting those Vegan meatballs in this Summer awwwww yeah. Can't wait to get the bus out and look at shelves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

The tesla can come with vegan interior, also i want a ride when you get it ta

my friend bought a bmw i3 recently, spent a lot jaysus, was vegan though.
    So the low and really high end are the only options? That's really ****

things like tyres may not be vegan either, pain in the ass

Michelin tyres are vegan but also very expensive - fitted 4 last year at a whopping €520 :eek:

I love a good ikea, still need to go in soon, have a vegan office chair picked out. Kinda want to wait on the meatballs now.

henry you're just reaffirming that I should wait for an automated car taxi service, pricey business.

henry you're just reaffirming that I should wait for an automated car taxi service, pricey business.

Yea self-driving cars are the absolute business it's gonna be mad. Always wanted to live in the future.

When we have self-driving cars and discover aliens we will be in the future my friend.
    I hated living in the past, their internet was terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

I wonder will there be a business writing apps for self drive cars?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

also i want a ride when you get it ta
    pain in the ass

Never happy :rolleyes:

:p

• Advertisement

Advertisement