Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Grapevine (OFF TOPIC CHAT) Part II

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Terribly bad, there is a reason we are in the next great extinction, pity it is us.
    I wonder will there be a business writing apps for self drive cars?

I would say so, that should be a pretty cool area of work once we see the entertainment systems that are put in cars. However a lot of it may be android apps that already exist and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Zombienosh wrote: »

Shocking - it's one thing for a species to go extinct due to changes in the environment or what have you, but it's another to be driven to extinction by the ignorance of humanity - they reckon it was homosapiens who killed off neantherthals, so looks like we're still going strong at it :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Here are some sad facts about humanity:

The rapid loss of species we are seeing today is estimated by experts to be between 1,000 and 10,000 times higher than the natural extinction rate.
    These experts calculate that between 0.01 and 0.1% of all species will become extinct each year.
    If the low estimate of the number of species out there is true - i.e. that there are around 2 million different species on our planet - then that means between 200 and 2,000 extinctions occur every year.
    But if the upper estimate of species numbers is true - that there are 100 million different species co-existing with us on our planet - then between 10,000 and 100,000 species are becoming extinct each year.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/04/17/hunter-ian-gibson-trampled-death-elephant-tracking-kill_n_7085374.html

"Hero Elephant kills serial murderer in self defense"
    "Elephant scientists add that the humans are in a state of extreme overpopulation, and that cullings such as this will actually benefit the species."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Must say I like the way that Galway Bay Brewery explicitly state vegan-friendly on their vegan beers - and they are very nice beers too!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Just found this on reddit today, thought yous might like it.

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/notrocketscience/2011/12/09/empathic-rats-spring-each-other-from-jail/#.VT1BDSFVikp

Friend of mine used to have a pet rat, they're great wee creatures.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭actua11

Must say I like the way that Galway Bay Brewery explicitly state vegan-friendly on their vegan beers - and they are very nice beers too!

Absolutely, can't beat a drop of Full Sail on a lovely sunny afternoon!

On a side note, I've just moved back to Ireland
    and noticed that the veggie Spice Burgers had a shorter than hoped run in shops. Does anyone know when they stopped selling them or if anywhere might still do them?

It's one of those thing that I never expected to have a veggie version and can't believe they stopped so soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

actua11 wrote: »
    Absolutely, can't beat a drop of Full Sail on a lovely sunny afternoon!

On a side note, I've just moved back to Ireland
    and noticed that the veggie Spice Burgers had a shorter than hoped run in shops. Does anyone know when they stopped selling them or if anywhere might still do them?

It's one of those thing that I never expected to have a veggie version and can't believe they stopped so soon!

I noticed that my local Tesco stopped stocking them, I didn't realise that they were no longer being produced :mad:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

BMJD wrote: »
    Ethical dilemna (I refuse to spell it "dilemma"): leather car interiors. Standard in higher end vehicles. Usually plasticy fake and optional in lower end vehicles. I don't really do low end stuff however :(

I know I'm just a tad late with this, and it's probably a silly question, but how about fabric?

New Home wrote: »
    I know I'm just a tad late with this, and it's probably a silly question, but how about fabric?

too late :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Well, keep it in mind for your next car, then. See how helpful I am? :pac: :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Level 5 Vegan

Anyone been to Sova since they moved? Heard good things, and looks great on fb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

It opened Friday, they are open Wednesdays to Sundays now, I'll have to pop in.

IDShot_540x540.jpg

Discovered these in tesco the other day, a handy new snack :)

Looks rotten :D

LOL, who doesn't like beans on toast? with extra protein nom...... strange though......I never would have eaten the meat equivalent

Yes I've seen those before but didn't like the look of them. Live for beans on toast though.

can't beat beans on top of toast with hummous and mashed up hash browns, washed down with a bucket of coffee...breakfast of champions right there

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

so I learned chilli beans in tomato sauce tastes nothing like baked beans :/ They might be the most disgusting thing I've tasted ughh Even those tesco sausage beans are looking good right now

If anyones around that weekend of the vote, maybe we can eat somewhere ^_^

• Advertisement

I too am a fan of eating, let's eat guys and gals :)

Sova being open a lot is great now, perfect chance to try it out.

We could catch an evening mass to celebrate the No victory.

^^said nobody ever ^^

:pac:

I dunno my folks might. They're voting no "because its a catholic country".

I might have to go home and babysit that weekend of the vote, but if I don't and am around Dublin I'd totally be up for a hello and food.

That would be good! I'm afraid to ask my parents what they will vote. I'll probably have to argue on the phone with mother later :pac:

The times have changed, we're a gay country now :p

Had the banana and walnut cake bread thing in accents today, it was pretty nice.

Oh yeah i've had that before, played some boardgames in there, was nice to have the option, I was shocked! I heard the oolong tea place next door does vegan pizza but ive not seen it advertised.

• Advertisement

Somebody stole my vitashine order :'(

b397b33ced963be59c76e2566b24f0547aa2ae596f148ee1339f3c8e5c5b058c.jpg

Advertisement