Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Grapevine (OFF TOPIC CHAT) Part II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Never heard of Cibo, where is it?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

On Brunswick street in stoneybatter, not too far from the lighthouse cinema.

I was in the building before before but it was an italian restaurant called peppe at the time.
    They aren't generally vegan but have vegan cake/cookies and some dishs like hummous+roasted veg, vegan brunch etc.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

The food looked pretty damn good at it!

Starter:

10940414_811633692241041_8231645332294635771_n.jpg?oh=057b0bf8f7972abad6951f883a72270a&oe=555763D8&__gda__=1432342150_096834d4cdf2629945f5650bfa406b88

One of the mains:

10934009_811690935568650_5811175320499247674_n.jpg?oh=529153941bd0f9c00070b5d81302dfe3&oe=55500FF7&__gda__=1432677925_7802824b1696b97cadefcb6a4febed73

dessert:

10958710_811690932235317_3187235206757602051_n.jpg?oh=6d7ec672aaec83aa3e7e420695dd9a6a&oe=5526BBD4&__gda__=1432788585_0c2f88065a7b1b74e681532e4a38d4cf

Next time!

only noticed a sign for this place the other day,

has anyone been?

http://www.theyogahub.ie/index.php/vegetarianvegandublin/

Not been but have been meaning to, hear it's nice. The cibo place above now has some vegan food every day, panini, treats etc and are doing another vegan night soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

Zombienosh wrote: »
    only noticed a sign for this place the other day,

has anyone been?

http://www.theyogahub.ie/index.php/vegetarianvegandublin/

Has lunch here yesterday and today! Savage salad yest and eating a nommy falafel wrap now! Wrap was a fiver and got a hazelnut brownie for afters. V impressed

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Level 5 Vegan

I've been having a lot of Boojum and an awwwfuuuuuul of lot of Wagamama lately.

Also, the M&S salad things that -Los- posted about in the other thread, they're actually filling enough cause they're bean and quinoa sort of thing based, rather than just a few leaves. And the soups! They have about 5 vegan friendly soups atm, carrot and coriander, black bean and somethin' else, kale and sweet potato. Great stuff.

Boojum is awesome and so are those M&S salads, wagamama is a bit disappointing though, everytime I go in there I feel a bit meh, Yamamori or Zakura are way nicer.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Level 5 Vegan

I'll try those! Yeah I suppose the only thing I really like from Wagamama is the deep fried sweet potato curry thing. The other tofu dishes are just good to okay.

Gonna get to the Sova butchers brunch at the sunday market this week, can't beat a vegan full irish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

The Restaurant on TV3 right now has Sharon Shannon doing a vegan menu.

Anyone else going to the Vegan Ireland meet up in Umi Falafel on Sunday?

I'm going yep!

Yay! Me and the husband are going. I'll finally get to meet a real life vegan friend :D ha!

Cool :)

Should be good fun

OYqWDjC.jpg

:D

First I heard of it

https://www.facebook.com/events/849390851783899/?sid_reminder=7878011292735242240
    Here is how you sign up, it's 16e.

Menu:
    +Falafels: All you can eat!!
    + Each of the Vegan Mezze options from the Umi Menu:
    - Hummus
    - Baba Ghanoush
    - Stuffed Vine Leaves
    - Spinach Filo Rolls
    - Grilled Spicy Aubergine
    - Bata Hara (Spicy Potato Wedges)
    + Each of the Vegan Salad options from the Umi Menu:
    - Fatoush Salad
    - Tahini Salad
    - Tabouleh Salad
    - Tunisian Salad
    - Moroccan Quinoa Salad
    + Each of the Vegan Dip options from the Umi Menu:
    - Tahini
    - Chilli Sauce
    - Avocatzo
    + Drink
    - Tea or
    - Soft Drink

I didnt realise the stuffed vine leaves were vegan. I thought they had cheese in.

I thought they did too but they must make us a vegan version instead?

• Advertisement

I don't think I've ever seen any with cheese in them, it's usually just rice and stuff

so I reckon the bones are vegan, right?

339679.jpg

The company I work for is organising a day/night out for everyone and of course, the current most popular options is going to "the dogs" ugh :(

Then when I explain why I wouldn't go, I'm the weird one!

The general prizes for people in work don't really do anything for me, people get junk food or fast food or nights out, and when you don't eat rubbish and don't drink and are veggie....... I guess you're just a weirdo.:P

One time they got everyone KFC........ another it was all pepperoni pizzas..... bah!

We had a dogs night too last year, very annoying all right. At least several of us didn't go for ethical reasons.
    However, I'm fortunate that generally work will think of and cater for vegans. They would check to make sure I could eat something at a restaurant with me etc.
    But I guess most people wouldn't get the dogs thing.

our social club used to do the dogs thing too, so I got myself onto the committee and put a stop to it :)

drinking and karting is way more fun than watching dogs pretending to be horses running around so stupid people can throw money away

I think they might be gravitating away from that idead thankfully.

I always enjoy bowling :D

I've decided to try and cut out refined carbs and refined sugars. I'm still gonna use agave nectar but white sugar is definitely gone!

SuperValu in Coolock have moo free vegan Easter eggs :)

ill hopefully get a homemade one from marvelous veggie again this year, the shell last year had peanut butter on the inside. Best present ever!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭phater phagan

Has anyone tried the quorn rashers, and if so are they any good?

Advertisement