Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Closed V 2.0 [Mod note post 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Xx-Steph08-xX

Was in Tally Weijl in the crescent today and I was asking a girl that worked ther if they were getting a top back in in a different sixe and she told me they closing down sunday :( Well tomoro is their last day open :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

source wrote: »
    Just passed mr Simms, all the branding is gone from the shop front and they're clearing out the windows. I hope they're not gone and just redecorating but it doesn't look good.

noooooooooooo!!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭d1980

Just passed mr Simms, all the branding is gone from the shop front and they're clearing out the windows. I hope they're not gone and just redecorating but it doesn't look good.

Mr Simms was open today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

d1980 wrote: »
    Mr Simms was open today.

phew! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭lasno

xsiborg wrote: »
    phew! :D

Open but all Mr Simms branding removed. Looks like its going to be an Easter egg shop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Was in Tally Weijl in the crescent today and I was asking a girl that worked ther if they were getting a top back in in a different sixe and she told me they closing down sunday :( Well tomoro is their last day open :(

aaa noooo thats means so it is closed today:(:(. i had Bought gift vouchers for there as a present :(:(. thats was a great shop as well.cause the missus was small so they had her size there..

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Seamus B

Mc Love wrote: »
    By the end of 2012 there will be no shops left!

On December 21st ? I think none of us will be left. ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭diol07

aaa noooo thats means so it is closed today:(:(. i had Bought gift vouchers for there as a present :(:(. thats was a great shop as well.cause the missus was small so they had her size there..
    The guy who owns Tally Weijl has closed the TW franchise and opened the 6th Sense franchise there instead - same owner, same staff but now mens instead of ladies. So maybe you might still have some joy or come back with your gift vouchers

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

The Post Office on O'Connell Avenue is closing for good this week. A new contracter will be opening something small on Henry street in a few weeks/months, but most of the staff that people are familar with from the O'Connell Avenue branch are not being kept on. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

Kess73 wrote: »
    The Post Office on O'Connell Avenue is closing for good this week. A new contracter will be opening something small on Henry street in a few weeks/months, but most of the staff that people are familar with from the O'Connell Avenue branch are not being kept on. :(

Is that the Grafton Place post office?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,734 ✭✭✭✭phog

Clontarf Place??

phog wrote: »

Clontarf Place??

Yeah that's the one, I always mix that up.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

It is the one on O'Connell Avenue that is near St Jospehs church. It replaced the Clontarf Place PO some years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

KFC closed in the Crescent Shopping Centre.
    All signage removed and windows blacked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Harpy

I Passed it yesterday and the half where the entrance isn't( The part with the window) was all covered up, but i thought the rest of it was open, so i just thought they were doing something to the window, was on the phone so didnt pay much attention that sucks, they were always really busy.. Maybe they'll move to a smaller unit somewhere in town..

Harpy wrote: »
    I Passed it yesterday and the half where the entrance isn't( The part with the window) was all covered up, but i thought the rest of it was open, so i just thought they were doing something to the window, was on the phone so didnt pay much attention that sucks, they were always really busy.. Maybe they'll move to a smaller unit somewhere in town..

Passed KFC today it's still open for business. they're just doing some remodelling work in the seating area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭liammur

Elm Motors is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,135 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

liammur wrote: »
    Elm Motors is gone.

They have been in financial trouble for months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

<snip>

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

No, Mr Bond, I expect you to die post facts about businesses closing instead of speculating about ones that are still open. :P

Check out post #1 in this thread again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭black & white

liammur wrote: »
    Elm Motors is gone.

Passed on the way home yesterday and there is an electronic sign saying they are open for service on all makes of cars. Seemed to be there this morning as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 sallyr

Tally weijl will be sadly missed great shop and brilliant bargains! However there is tally weijl online shopping and i think they ship to ireland :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

The Steering Wheel in Roxboro is now closed! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

That family have had enough troubles over the last few years. I hope they got out ok with a few bob in their pockets

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

They must have had their closing night last night as the place was jammers! Passed by and it seemed very very busy!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

They might be gone a while but Brooks Properties have moved out of their lovely offices on Henry Street/Cecil Street junction.

Not too sure if the business itself is still in existence.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

That family have had enough troubles over the last few years. I hope they got out ok with a few bob in their pockets

I see on something today, maybe breakingnews.ie, that the reason behind this is the Collins are gone into the international witness protection scheme. Sorry i don't have a link at the minute as im on my phone. Will update later.

Best of luck to them in their new life!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,135 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Walking on Thomas St yesterday evening and noticed that the pub formally the Still House was shut. Didn't last long.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Been shut for a while bazz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

They might be gone a while but Brooks Properties have moved out of their lovely offices on Henry Street/Cecil Street junction.

Not too sure if the business itself is still in existence.

Gone out of there over a here moved to London

Advertisement