Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Closed V 2.0 [Mod note post 1]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭rainbowdash

mossym wrote: »
    can't say it is really surprising. couple of miles radius out there you have B&Q, Wickes, Homebase and Atlantic Homecare..there cannot be the business for all of them

And also Chadwicks, Heiton Buckleys and Brooks, although I think <snip> is closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Chemist in arthurs quay has a sign stating their closing 6th july. Half price aftershaves / perfumes too ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Chemist in arthurs quay has a sign stating their closing 6th july. Half price aftershaves / perfumes too ;)

Shame. They closed about a year ago but reopened again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

FutureGuy wrote: »

Not even, was around xmas I think. They've been trading through it but knew this day was coming. Not much reason.for people to visit arthurs quay these days...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭TheGimp

Noticed the t-shirt printing place upstairs there has gone too. Amazed it lasted all these years to be honest. The food area upstairs always appears to be empty too, especially the wok grill place.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Reminder folks that speculation into the status of a business isn't allowed in here as it can have a detrimental effect on a business, unless you are sure a business is closed please don't speculate.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Is Arthurs Quay gone that quiet these days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Not surprised really..there is feck all in AQ worth visiting imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Considering the council are due to take leasehold of it, then it can only get worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

FutureGuy wrote: »

Not even, was around xmas I think. They've been trading through it but knew this day was coming. Not much reason.for people to visit arthurs quay these days...

I remember a spokesman from Arthur's quay saying that they were full occupancy not so long ago.

The wok place is good value. It's not high class or anything but no worse than most of the other chinese places around town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Considering the council are due to take leasehold of it, then it can only get worse.

Maybe they will build the skywalk that the mayor was talking up not too long ago as being built to connect the Opera centre to Arthurs quay :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

TheGimp wrote: »
    Noticed the t-shirt printing place upstairs there has gone too. Amazed it lasted all these years to be honest. The food area upstairs always appears to be empty too, especially the wok grill place.

The one facing you at the top of the stairs is alright, but funnily enough the last time I was in there the whole place was packed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

Chadwicks staff were called in for a meeting this morning, they're closing on Friday. Heard it from someone in there in the last few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

CiaranMT wrote: »
    The one facing you at the top of the stairs is alright, but funnily enough the last time I was in there the whole place was packed.

I was upstairs at Arthurs Quay 10 days ago and it was busy.

source wrote: »
    Chadwicks staff were called in for a meeting this morning, they're closing on Friday. Heard it from someone in there in the last few minutes.

That was announced by their parent company last week. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Such a shame to see chadwicks and so many other places closing. The place is really becoming a ghost town.

Kess73 wrote: »
    That was announced by their parent company last week. :(

Wasn't that Atlantic Homecare, last week?

Wasn't that Atlantic Homecare, last week?

No I am not talking about Atlantic Homecare's parent company.

Atlantic Homecare are part of the same group as Woodies.

Chadwicks are part of a different group.

Fair enough, it's just that when I was in Chadwicks this morning, the staff had just been told, and they said that they weren't expecting it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Butterfly25

Atlantic Homecare and Chadwicks are all part of the Grafton Group along with Woodies and Heaton Buckley

http://www.graftonplc.com/ops/ire_merchanting.html

• Advertisement

Fair enough, it's just that when I was in Chadwicks this morning, the staff had just been told, and they said that they weren't expecting it at all.

The regular staff did not know, or at least most may not have known for sure, but the decision was discussed and announced by higher ups last week.

Either way it is still the same result for the people affected. :(

Atlantic Homecare and Chadwicks are all part of the Grafton Group along with Woodies and Heaton Buckley

http://www.graftonplc.com/ops/ire_merchanting.html

Atlantic Homecare and Woodies are part of the retailing group, Chadwicks are not.

Chadwicks are part of the merchanting group.

That's why I said I was not talking about the parent company, which they all share, but rather the groups.

Atlantic's debt etc was being absorbed by the retailing group, and Chadwicks was being absorbed by it's own group, and the talk I am on about from last week relates to stuff said in relation to the Mechanting group and where stock, debt etc was going to be reallocated within that group.

Apols if I was vague or otherwise in how I put it across.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 nipper banks

The High Court is expected to appoint the Examiner for Atlantic Homecare today. This will precipitate the closure of "at least five stores" including the one in Limerick (as well as Liffey Valley, Pouladuff, Wellpark in Galway and Atlantic Newbridge).
    Has anyone heard if they are closing other Chadwick stores as well as the one in Limerick?

The High Court is expected to appoint the Examiner for Atlantic Homecare today. This will precipitate the closure of "at least five stores" including the one in Limerick (as well as Liffey Valley, Pouladuff, Wellpark in Galway and Atlantic Newbridge).
    Has anyone heard if they are closing other Chadwick stores as well as the one in Limerick?

There was a union rep on the radio the other day (Wed or Thurs) saying that a number of their outlets had been closed over the past 18 months, and more may be closing in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

The Cloth Shop in John Street is closed, sorry it's not the best photo

483104_4262797849676_511312569_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Ah that's terrible about the Cloth shop :( I remember reading an article a year or so in the paper about how they had just set up the business and they were really passionate about it. Sucks :(

Maybe it wasn't the right location... I still think it could do well.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

Fine Food Fair gone in Walsh Business Park:

http://www.insolvencyjournal.ie/notices/12-07-11/Fine_Food_Fair_Limited.aspx

Think they were a Cash n Carry for shops, pubs etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Foleys Bar/ Riddlers. Any idea why??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Brennans Row

8 of the 67 AIB branches announced closures are to take place in Limerick.

That’s somewhat disproportionate or not? :(
    • William Street
    • Corbally
    • Dromcollogher
    • Doon
    • Glin
    • Croom
    • Hospital
    • Foynes
    See Limerick Leader

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I thought they were closing the Castletroy one too?

Advertisement