Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Closed V 2.0 [Mod note post 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,122 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Chick King and Paddy Mac's food is absolutely dire. Not surprised they were not successful there.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭diol07

Ate in the Supermacs diner on Saturday. Nice to see it's a different menu to the regular Supermacs and was quite nice too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

The Paper Shop has gone from the Parkway now too, not much left there to attract anyone, and now that the other Parkway place has got the go ahead the shopping centre will die a death.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,826 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Ladbrokes on Upper William Street is closed!

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

Just had a text there saying that from Instore Ellen St. is having a closing down sale starting today and for the next few days :(:(

mod edit to point out text was received from Instore themselves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,826 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

If true, that's my housemate out of a job... She's got another few on the go though so not the end of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

"Closing Down Sale" doesn't always equate to a shutdown, hopefully in this case it refers to the 'closing down' of a number of stock lines, as sometimes happens.

Fingers crossed it does anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

CiaranMT wrote: »
    If true, that's my housemate out of a job... She's got another few on the go though so not the end of the world.

And this ladies and gentlemen is why we dont do rumours round here anymore

" I just got a text " is not sufficient to say that somewhere is closing down.

We have been fairly lenient so far on whats been posted here but can everyone please read the mod note in post 1 again please!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

And this ladies and gentlemen is why we dont do rumours round here anymore

" I just got a text " is not sufficient to say that somewhere is closing down.

We have been fairly lenient so far on whats been posted here but can everyone please read the mod note in post 1 again please!

Well considering it was Instore that sent the text then maybe it is sufficient?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    Well considering it was Instore that sent the text then maybe it is sufficient?

Yes i just received a PM on it and edited the OP's post to say that it was Instore sent the text.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Yes I heard today on 2fm & Live95fm that Instore is to close on Christmas Eve on Ellen Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Yes I heard today on 2fm & Live95fm that Instore is to close on Christmas Eve on Ellen Street.

That's terrible news, I really liked the place and it' s a very big shop that will now be empty :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Brennans Row

240713655.jpg

I dread reading this thread every time it’s updated.

The Leader aptly describes the closing of INSTORE on Ellen Street as a body blow for the city centre.

They will now concentrate on their second outlet out in the City East Retail Park.

I fear the worst for our city centre when the Parkway Valley Shopping Centre is finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

240713655.jpg

I dread reading this thread every time it’s updated.

The Leader aptly describes the closing of INSTORE on Ellen Street as a body blow for the city centre.

They will now concentrate on their second outlet out in the City East Retail Park.

I fear the worst for our city centre when the Parkway Valley Shopping Centre is finished.

Yep because the city is showing signs that it would really flourish and do well if the Parkway Valley project was canned.

At this point anything that can bring new jobs into the area has to be welcome. The city centre is just leaking jobs at an alarming rate and has been doing so for years now, and the city council seem happy to try and pin the blame for it anywhere but close to home.

Even if the Parkway Valley project was 100% blocked in the morning I have no doubt that 2012 will see yet another year of business after business closing in the city centre, coupled with the usual run of exclusive news reports about how a number of massive projects are just about to happen and a list of new places outside the city to blame for the city centre's woes.

Instore Ballysimon Road Store will close at 4pm on Sunday afternoon.

All stock to clear. Theres not much left to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Butterfly25

Thats such a pity. I hate seeing this thread at the top of the page...always bad news for the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

Aw no way :( I thought they were just closing the Ellen St. store and keeping that one. I'd say 90% of my furniture is from Instore. I'm really sad to see it go :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Are you serious?? I thought they said they would remain in Ballysimon?!

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭DemoniK

Mc Love wrote: »
    Are you serious?? I thought they said they would remain in Ballysimon?!

got text myself - definitely closing down...
    pity

• Advertisement

Cherrycoke wrote: »
    Aw no way :( I thought they were just closing the Ellen St. store and keeping that one. I'd say 90% of my furniture is from Instore. I'm really sad to see it go :(

Guy told the missus 1.5 weeks ago as he thought he would gone by the end of that week so the staff saw it coming as well. Shame as it's a nice store. Always nice furniture if you could afford some of it. Cafe was ok. Missus used to like it as a treat every so often(works around corner).

Their 2010 truck which says "Irish Store of the year" just goes to show how quickly things can change. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Not sure if its been posted or not, but Emsigns has closed down a few months ago, Only realised last week :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Kess73 wrote: »
    [/B]

Yep because the city is showing signs that it would really flourish and do well if the Parkway Valley project was canned.

At this point anything that can bring new jobs into the area has to be welcome. The city centre is just leaking jobs at an alarming rate and has been doing so for years now, and the city council seem happy to try and pin the blame for it anywhere but close to home.

Even if the Parkway Valley project was 100% blocked in the morning I have no doubt that 2012 will see yet another year of business after business closing in the city centre, coupled with the usual run of exclusive news reports about how a number of massive projects are just about to happen and a list of new places outside the city to blame for the city centre's woes.

Just a quick question thats slightly off topic WRT Parkway Valley.

Is that place on a schedule or set to resume or what?

Since I've arrived in Limerick a few years ago all I've seen is the unfinished remains of what looked like a retail park (which I now realise is the Parkway Valley project). Thought it was a dead duck but was just assuming given the recession and all the developers that have gone belly up.

So if anyone could clear up what the story with that place is, it would be nice to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,122 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

My understanding is that the site was sold to a very wealthy Indian developer. The initial planning permission has expired so he has to reapply for it before they can resume working on the site. That's my understanding anyway.

God knows who they are expecting to go in there if it ever gets finished given the state of the economy in general and in Limerick in particular. They cannot even fill the existing shopping centres/retail parks and the surrounding area is saturated with similar retail units, half of them vacent.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭peking97

Getting back to Instore does anybody know what the story is as regards customers who have gift vouchers? Will these be honoured or is that money gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,455 ✭✭✭sioda

Hassetts bar closed again talking to the owner today

sioda wrote: »
    Hassetts bar closed again talking to the owner today

It has been taken over by somebody else and will re-open again soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,455 ✭✭✭sioda

Good news not a patron myself but Northside needs pubs

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

It has been taken over by somebody else and will re-open again soon.

Hopefully the new owner/manager will keep a bit of order in there, it was a bit lawless in the past :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭adaminho

Bruce on Catherine street closed Monday.

Advertisement