Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Closed V 2.0 [Mod note post 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,826 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Tubes on Cecil Street :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

By the end of 2012 there will be no shops left!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

When :O

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

When :O

Now, just walked past it in the last half hour, place is gutted out and there's a few lads in there taking the racks and shelves apart.

• Site Banned Posts: 40 soprano123

Limerick City has now officially closed !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Ah no way i was only in there last week. the 2 for 1 sale makes sense now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

Ah no way i was only in there last week. the 2 for 1 sale makes sense now though.
    What did tubes sell? Can't remember the place

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Mainly Surf gear, good place for hoodies and t-shirts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Not surprised about Tubes tbh..gone downhill the last few months imo. Poor selection last few times I was in there. They were kind of off the beaten track as well which doesnt help passing traffic. Never go near that part of town anymore, only to a car park on henry street.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,481 ✭✭✭✭banie01

vkid wrote: »
    Not surprised about Tubes tbh..gone downhill the last few months imo. Poor selection last few times I was in there. They were kind of off the beaten track as well which doesnt help passing traffic. Never go near that part of town anymore, only to a car park on henry street.

They're shop in Cork always had a much better selection of stuff TBH.
    That said they always had some good value in there if you were prepared to look ;)
    Still a sad day when another shop goes....

I'm getting my son ready for communion later this year and aside from Noel's(great store and super service) in town(which must be a family tradition for half the men in Limerick lol)
    There is a very very poor selection of clothes, and to my mind more importantly good service in menswear in Limerick...
    I'm not joking when I say at this stage I'd not only drive 2hrs for selection and service but a flight may even be booked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

banie01 wrote: »
    They're shop in Cork always had a much better selection of stuff TBH.
    That said they always had some good value in there if you were prepared to look ;)
    Still a sad day when another shop goes....

I'm getting my son ready for communion later this year and aside from Noel's(great store and super service) in town(which must be a family tradition for half the men in Limerick lol)
    There is a very very poor selection of clothes, and to my mind more importantly good service in menswear in Limerick...
    I'm not joking when I say at this stage I'd not only drive 2hrs for selection and service but a flight may even be booked.

Limerick is awful for menswear if you want something that is not a generic Next/River Island type look. The likes of Connolys/BT/Noels etc all seem to stock stuff that looks similar as well, although I would have to agree on the service in Noels as it has always been top notch right back to when both Noels were there, and his kids have wonderful retail savvy in terms of customer service. One in particular is a real throwback to when there was an art to customer service, he is probably the best I have dealt with in the last ten years and I reckon he generates a hell of a lot of repeat clients with his approach to customers.

I tend to do my clothes shopping in Cork, Liverpool or London mostly if I am going into a bricks and mortar store. Simply because of range of product. Cork is deceptively good in terms of brand range, style range, and size range.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

The Gay Bar is gone or going to be in the next week or so

Some dj from Mickeys&Bakers is taking it over

• Registered Users Posts: 5,917 ✭✭✭leakyboots

bigpink wrote: »

Any idea which DJ? Sounds promising

John Greenwood think i know him to see,plays mickeys bakers dolans etc

Guess he will go for for mickeys wicked chicken vibe

• Registered Users Posts: 4,826 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

That place is just cursed, methinks. Nothing seems to last there.

I agree a friend of the brothers wasnt far off going in taking a lease there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Where is the gay bar . A friend wants to know:)

Where is the gay bar . A friend wants to know:)

Bar 31,31 thomas street use to be players/mcknights

But it aint going to be gay anymore

You should try the Whitehouse/Foleys on the bridge they are gay friendly also

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Thomas Street, around the corner from the Blind Pig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

peking97 wrote: »
    Getting back to Instore does anybody know what the story is as regards customers who have gift vouchers? Will these be honoured or is that money gone?

The money is pretty much gone I'm afraid. You'll be ranked alongside all other debtors. You might (Big might) get a small amount back after Revenue, and Wages are paid. Unlikely though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭peking97

Yeah I reckon you're correct there....over €300 down the drain...so much for shopping locally! I note they made sure I got no text to let me know they were going out of business. A lesson learned!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pigtown

Are Instore closed nationwide?

I reckon they must be. Here's the text of an email reply I got to my query about gift voucher holders:-

Unfortunately Instore in it's totality has gone into liquidation. a
    liquidator is in the process of being appointed. if you forward me
    your address the appointed liquidator will inform you by post of the
    liquidators meeting date.

regards

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

peking97 wrote: »
    Yeah I reckon you're correct there....over €300 down the drain...so much for shopping locally! I note they made sure I got no text to let me know they were going out of business. A lesson learned!

In fairness anyone who bought a voucher for there was nuts given how well publicised it was that they were in trouble.

Saw a van of there's on the road the other day - must be still doing something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

That's actually quite sad, so a city the size of Limerick will have no official gay bar then?

That's actually quite sad, so a city the size of Limerick will have no official gay bar then?

Judging by the amount of times a gay bar in Limerick has opened and closed it obviously isnt a great market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

Mc Love wrote: »
    Judging by the amount of times a gay bar in Limerick has opened and closed it obviously isnt a great market.

True, it was in Riddlers before, and Bar 3 before that and the Globe before that. Still a shame.

One of the clubs should just do a dedicated gay night! Or maybe do it once a fortnight on a friday night - I am straight and have been to gay clubs and bars and surprisingly they are like any other night to be honest.

• Advertisement

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    In fairness anyone who bought a voucher for there was nuts given how well publicised it was that they were in trouble.

Well I didn't buy the voucher it was forced on us having returned an item and I for one knew nothing about their being in trouble!

Advertisement