Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Closed V 2.0 [Mod note post 1]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Savage Henry

The Steering Wheel in Roxboro is now closed! :P

What's with the smiley?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Very sad... spent a fair bit of money in there over the years. Hope the guys and girls there can get a new job without too much difficulty. Soon to be another empty shell on Cruises St. There must be about 5 or 6 open shops left at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Game was always going to be in trouble with online sales getting bigger and bigger. They put this down to being the main reason for slow sales. The big problem a few weeks ago was the head office being unable to pay its suppliers and their suppliers refusing to supply them the new games.

= Nail in Coffin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

The main problem for them now is everything going digital which will mean HMV will be in dire straights aswell by years end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

The main problem for them now is everything going digital which will mean HMV will be in dire straights aswell by years end.

HMV have not been too healthy in financial terms for a bit now.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭SnoopyGunner

I went to Star Cabs on Gerald Griffin Street tonight with my boyfriend and it was closed. We tried ringing the number but no answer. Is it closed for good?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Seoidín on Sarsfield Street is set to to close in May.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Seoidín on Sarsfield Street is set to to close in May.

Which store was that? o.O

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

The Snipe wrote: »
    Which store was that? o.O

The jewellery store on the left next to the hair salon heading towards the bridge

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭skyline1515

I was in the Parkway today, Variety and value is closed, as is paco and the shop that sells handbags etc is closing down :eek: what happened in the past two weeks since i was last there?????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Variety and value were due to close months back

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Limerick91

Seoidin IS NOT closing.

They are relocating their business. I cannot remember for certain where but it could be to Thomas Street

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

There's something new, a shop moving out of a shopping centre and into the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

There's something new, a shop moving out of a shopping centre and into the city.

Seoidin wasn't in a shopping centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Limerick91 wrote: »
    Seoidin IS NOT closing.

They are relocating their business. I cannot remember for certain where but it could be to Thomas Street

Good move, shop's a bit lost on Sarsfield Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

I see after a 2 year closing down sale FCUK (or whatever it was called recently) on William St has finally shut it's doors

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭lmkman

Bwg limerick DBC is closing in next few weeks approx 30 to 40 jobs going. Business being transferred to new distribution warehouse in KildAre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

lmkman wrote: »
    Bwg limerick DBC is closing in next few weeks approx 30 to 40 jobs going. Business being transferred to new distribution warehouse in KildAre.

any source for this ?

• Advertisement

lmkman wrote: »

any source for this ?
    It was officially announced and Dublin Dbc is transferring to a new Warehouse in Kilbarry and the whole country will be supplied from there. Closing 1st July.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

is that BWG up in Galvone, suppliers to Mace, Spar, etc. haven't seen anything on local press about it.

is that BWG up in Galvone, suppliers to Mace, Spar, etc. haven't seen anything on local press about it.
    That's them ok nothing in papers yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Beaver1

just seen it on the news brooks is closing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Is the Tanjore Palace gone/moved?
    Gutted if so. The service was sh!te and the place wasnt great, but the dosas were awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

Foxy's bar on Bedford Row is closing up after this weekend, Foxy himself has moved him and all the jerseys and stuff to Whelans on Denmark Street since last week, and to add to the merry-go-round the Still House is reopening (after a brief stint as Flannigans) huge work going on there at the moment and should be open over the next couple of weeks. Someone from Russells taking it over I think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Unreal, so many businesses closing, but seems to new pubs cropping up at the same time....

• Registered Users Posts: 51,138 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I remember back when Foxy's bar used to be called Nevada Smiths. Must be about 10 years ago at this stage. That place used to be packed out to the front door at weekends, a really good spot. Since then it is just gone down hill, interior was left get shappy and no real investment in doing it up. It just went through different owner after different owner who just seem to open and close it regularly. I was in there a few months ago and the inside was mank to say the least. The cliental were not much better either.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭ABEasy

bazz26 wrote: »
    I remember back when Foxy's bar used to be called Nevada Smiths. Must be about 10 years ago at this stage. That place used to be packed out to the front door at weekends, a really good spot. Since then it is just gone down hill, interior was left get shappy and no real investment in doing it up. It just went through different owner after different owner who just seem to open and close it regularly. I was in there a few months ago and the inside was mank to say the least. The cliental were not much better either.

Nama has owned the building for the past few years so doubt there will be any money spent on it any time soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Ace Travel in Catherine Street is closing and moving to NCW.

Advertisement