Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Closed V 2.0 [Mod note post 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭djdunny

Christ, that didn't last long! How long were they open there, 2/3 months?

I’m pretty sure this was never a long term operation. I reckon they took the end of the lease from funky donuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

That's probably true. Good advertisement for the other business though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

djdunny wrote: »
    I’m pretty sure this was never a long term operation. I reckon they took the end of the lease from funky donuts.

Or maybe their business model wasn’t strong enough and it closed because of that.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Or maybe their business model wasn’t strong enough and it closed because of that.

They announced a new lease on their original café yesterday on Instagram, so I'd say they are doing alright.

They announced a new lease on their original cafesterday on Instagram, so I'd say they are doing alright.

I’m only talking about the Little Catherine Street one. Limited selection, tough competition, only outdoor seating.
    The Foxes Bow one is very different.

It’s like when Jack Monday’s tried out the old Tourist Information office at Arthur’s Quay. It closed shortly after opening and they claimed it was always just a pop-up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Noticed on Facebook that Brimstone Restaurant is closing. Haven't been in quite a while but I haven't heard a good review of the place in a long time!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

I didn't realise they had any costumers. I'm amazed it's been open so long.

Skuxx wrote: »
    Noticed on Facebook that Brimstone Restaurant is closing. Haven't been in quite a while but I haven't heard a good review of the place in a long time!

I think the owners are opening something else there.

Nothing has really lasted in that unit. There's been Harris's, Flamenco, No. 41, the Glasshouse and Brimstone.

Same owners as funky donuts. They're constantly changing their business

Mc Love wrote: »
    Same owners as funky donuts. They're constantly changing their business

Yeah, they had the Red Onion on Hartstonge Street for a while too. To be fair, I've eaten in The Red Onion and Brimstone and I thought the food was lovely in both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

I always found the food in Brimstone to be excellent. I really liked the place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

Had brimstone a few times about 3 years ago and it was great. Went earlier this year and the standard had dropped significantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tommy249

Limerick leader on twitter is saying tomorrow's paper will have details of a "pub formally owned by an Irish and Munster rugby star shuts" but doesn't give any more information. Clohessys on Denmark steet posted half hour ago on Facebook about their music line up this weekend so not them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

tommy249 wrote: »
    Limerick leader on twitter is saying tomorrow's paper will have details of a "pub formally owned by an Irish and Munster rugby star shuts" but doesn't give any more information. Clohessys on Denmark steet posted half hour ago on Facebook about their music line up this weekend so not them!

Does that just leave Flannery ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,487 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Does that just leave Flannery ?

Doesn't Claw's son have the pub on lower Denmark st?
    And AFAIK there are some Munster men involved in the White House too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭BoardAtWork

banie01 wrote: »
    Doesn't Claw's son have the pub on lower Denmark st?
    And AFAIK there are some Munster men involved in the White House too?

Damien Varley owns/runs the Whitehouse.

Hardly Fla or Varley given the amount of money they've put in to both their properties

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭MrLaurel

tommy249 wrote: »

Crokers Pub in Murroe. Closed recently. Claw opened it about 10 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Hardly Fla or Varley given the amount of money they've put in to both their properties

All the more reason for them to go bang unfortunately.

All the more reason for them to go bang unfortunately.

True but they do seem to be getting the crowds in

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

Crokers has been closed a while hasn't it... It's hardly news, but shur, it's the Leader after all.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Well the fact that it says formerly owned by a Munster player also rules them out seeing as they still own them.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Limerick91

Yeah it is the pub in Murroe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Fox&Bow hair salon closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Lads Carlton coffee was closed this morning....please please please tell me its just for a facelift!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭CONSI

dashoonage wrote: »
    Lads Carlton coffee was closed this morning....please please please tell me its just for a facelift!!!!

Yeah just closing or the week for refurbishment...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

CONSI wrote: »
    Yeah just closing or the week for refurbishment...

Jaysus thank **** :P

Adare Old Creamery is closing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Adare Old Creamery is closing

Really surprised to hear this. It always seemed to be doing well when I was in there and would get great crowd for Santa at Christmas time.

• Advertisement

They cancelled the Santa this year - looks like they are moving into the bridal industry.

Advertisement