Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Closed V 2.0 [Mod note post 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭xii

Anyone know if the Pharmacy in Ballycummin is closed, hasn't been open in days.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Derbhoy

xii wrote: »
    Anyone know if the Pharmacy in Ballycummin is closed, hasn't been open in days.
    Has been raided by Garda Drug Squad and Pharmaceutical regulatory body on Thursday ref article on Limerick Leader. House nearby searched also man in his 30s arrested

Derbhoy wrote: »
    Has been raided by Garda Drug Squad and Pharmaceutical regulatory body on Thursday ref article on Limerick Leader. House nearby searched also man in his 30s arrested

Found the article, wow, the owner lives up the road from me, I didn't hear anything, he's the only guy working in there so it must have been him.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Derbhoy

Spar shop inundated by customers of chemist needing prescription dispensed etc hopefully it will be sorted soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Derbhoy wrote: »
    Spar shop inundated by customers of chemist needing prescription dispensed etc hopefully it will be sorted soon.
    I say it will have to be a new person that opens a chemist. He hardly get the licence after being busted.

Original text of the article before paywall happened ;)

‘Obnoxious’ Limerick driver was over the limit
    David Hurley David Hurley29 Apr 2015

Vincent Naughton was disqualified for three years and fined a total of �1,750 for driving offences
    A PHARMACIST who was “obnoxious and obstructive” after he was arrested on suspicion of drink-driving failed in his bid to have his conviction overturned.

During a contested appeal, Limerick Circuit Court was told Vincent Naughton, aged 39, of Greenview Drive, Glencairn, Dooradoyle was arrested after being stopped in the early hours of June 7, last.

Garda Sean Murray said he observed the defendant driving his black BMW 520 series erratically on the R510 near Quinn’s Cross Roundabout at around 1.20am.

“The car was wandering side to side,” he said adding that Mr Naughton then drove around the roundabout twice before the taking the exit for Father Russell Road.

When Garda Murray stopped him a short time later, there was a smell of alcohol, the defendant’s speech was “very slurred” and he was very unsteady on his feet. Garda Murray told the court Mr Naughton was aggressive and uncooperative and refused to answer any questions.

He told the court he handcuffed him “for reasons of safety” as he was “apprehensive” given his “size and demeanour and the level of aggression”.

Garda Pat Kirwan told the court when he asked the defendant to supply samples of his breath for analysis he was very uncooperative and at one point refused to provide a sample until he was warned of the potential consequences.

Later, he refused to sign a copy of the statement printed by the evidenser machine which showed he was three times the legal limit.

He said Mr Murray was aggressive, argumentative and obnoxious but agreed with Brian McInerney BL that he did not handcuff him or restrain him as he was not violent.

Judge Tom O’Donnell said he was satisfied there was a prima facie case and he convicted the defendant of the charges.

Mr Naughton, who has a previous conviction for drink-driving was disqualified from driving for three years and fined €1,750.

The driving ban takes effect from August 1, next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I see Cafe Solo on O'Connell Street looks closed. Was fairly surprised to see this as anytime I was in there or passed by it was very busy! Are they closed or just renovating?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭black & white

panda100 wrote: »
    I see Cafe Solo on O'Connell Street looks closed. Was fairly surprised to see this as anytime I was in there or passed by it was very busy! Are they closed or just renovating?

I pass it a couple of times a day and it looks like a renovation, there's certainly activity in there, stepladders etc and the canopy was down yesterday and I thought I could smell paint as I went by.

panda100 wrote: »

It is going to be called Cafe Duo now. The cafe met someone :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Funky Donut on Little Catherine Street is closing. Not really surprising to be honest, the donut bubble burst a while ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

davo2001 wrote: »
    Funky Donut on Little Catherine Street is closing. Not really surprising to be honest, the donut bubble burst a while ago.

didnt see that coming actually. they were on last week asking people to support local alright in the midst of the bigger franchise moving in to town, but thought they would fight their corner for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭bennyl10

damowill wrote: »
    didnt see that coming actually. they were on last week asking people to support local alright in the midst of the bigger franchise moving in to town, but thought they would fight their corner for a while

Stormy teacup opening a new one into where fd are/were..
    and they've been talking about the new location for ages, dont think it was a sudden decision in any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

davo2001 wrote: »

It really didn't last that long. Had donuts from talking donuts in Ennis and they were a lot nicer. Even had them at our office a few times

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Donut bubble didn't burst, they just didn't do it well. They started trying to be edgy with counters made from Pallets but charging prices suited to something that should have a marble counter and staff in aprons and bow ties.

In Dundrum S/C there is a Donut shop on the top floor and we always pick up stuff there. 6 for €12 and the range is great, nice packaging/branding as well and the donuts are stuffed.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Plus, anyone who ever had a donut from one of the decent shops in Dublin (Rollin', Aungier, etc) knew that what was on offer there was brutal in comparison.

Putting Pedobear in their window artwork was kinda funny for a while, I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,455 ✭✭✭sioda

Aungier closed as well this week.

Being on the next fad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭BobMc

Too expensive too, Think I only tried donuts twice from there. Was in Florida couple years ago and one of our highlights for me and Daughter the two early risers was an early morning trip to Dunkin, plain and simple donuts think a dozen was 6 ot 7 dollars

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Berty wrote: »
    Donut bubble didn't burst, they just didn't do it well. They started trying to be edgy with counters made from Pallets but charging prices suited to something that should have a marble counter and staff in aprons and bow ties.

In Dundrum S/C there is a Donut shop on the top floor and we always pick up stuff there. 6 for €12 and the range is great, nice packaging/branding as well and the donuts are stuffed.

+1 on this. The place in Dundrum does lovely donuts. I always found Funky Donuts to be too sweet and overpriced. If I wanted pure sugar I could go down to Tesco and get a bag of 5 for €2.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

The donuts in Re-Store/Topaz are nicer and cheaper anyway.

• Advertisement

+1 on this. The place in Dundrum does lovely donuts. I always found Funky Donuts to be too sweet and overpriced. If I wanted pure sugar I could go down to Tesco and get a bag of 5 for €2.
    even cheaper when they are closing;) :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 37 TwistingJab

Original text of the article before paywall happened ;)

‘Obnoxious’ Limerick driver was over the limit
    David Hurley David Hurley29 Apr 2015

Vincent Naughton was disqualified for three years and fined a total of �1,750 for driving offences
    A PHARMACIST who was “obnoxious and obstructive” after he was arrested on suspicion of drink-driving failed in his bid to have his conviction overturned.

During a contested appeal, Limerick Circuit Court was told Vincent Naughton, aged 39, of Greenview Drive, Glencairn, Dooradoyle was arrested after being stopped in the early hours of June 7, last.

Garda Sean Murray said he observed the defendant driving his black BMW 520 series erratically on the R510 near Quinn’s Cross Roundabout at around 1.20am.

“The car was wandering side to side,” he said adding that Mr Naughton then drove around the roundabout twice before the taking the exit for Father Russell Road.

When Garda Murray stopped him a short time later, there was a smell of alcohol, the defendant’s speech was “very slurred” and he was very unsteady on his feet. Garda Murray told the court Mr Naughton was aggressive and uncooperative and refused to answer any questions.

He told the court he handcuffed him “for reasons of safety” as he was “apprehensive” given his “size and demeanour and the level of aggression”.

Garda Pat Kirwan told the court when he asked the defendant to supply samples of his breath for analysis he was very uncooperative and at one point refused to provide a sample until he was warned of the potential consequences.

Later, he refused to sign a copy of the statement printed by the evidenser machine which showed he was three times the legal limit.

He said Mr Murray was aggressive, argumentative and obnoxious but agreed with Brian McInerney BL that he did not handcuff him or restrain him as he was not violent.

Judge Tom O’Donnell said he was satisfied there was a prima facie case and he convicted the defendant of the charges.

Mr Naughton, who has a previous conviction for drink-driving was disqualified from driving for three years and fined €1,750.

The driving ban takes effect from August 1, next.

All pharmacy signage down now. Wonder will it be a pharmacy or something else? Probably a bookies ha

All pharmacy signage down now. Wonder will it be a pharmacy or something else? Probably a bookies ha

Heard it might be a vape shop

• Registered Users Posts: 37 TwistingJab

Mc Love wrote: »
    Heard it might be a vape shop

No way?! Those things pop up everywhere. What happens to all the meds? He still has my prescriptions in there.

No way?! Those things pop up everywhere. What happens to all the meds? He still has my prescriptions in there.

They usually get transferred to another pharmacy. I find Keatings to be very good. It's a pity they left the raheen unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Funky donuts were way overpriced....

Mod Edit: Post was deleted, and user infracted

In what way is he aggressive. I like Brimstone and I have to say I found everyone in there very nice. I never saw a sign of aggression. I can't speak about the donut shop I've never used it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

God knows how the Brimstone is still in business. It's empty all the time.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I've had to delete two posts due to them talking about someone personally, and making libellous and or criminal allegations. Don't do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Not sure if mentioned on here but The Library on Cornmarket Row is gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Not sure if mentioned on here but The Library on Cornmarket Row is gone.

Didn't know this, when did it close?

Advertisement